Senior Nationals is the qualifier for Final X, right?

VakAttack

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

Mostly in states without a girls' wrestling state championship.

you are saying that if the state offers both, most of those do not allow the girls to compete with the boys?

how many states have sanctioned girls wrestling?

it's most, yes?

4 hours ago, LJB said:

you are saying that if the state offers both, most of those do not allow the girls to compete with the boys?

it's most, yes?

I can't speak to every state, but that's the trend.

It may take a year or two to go that way after the separate state tournament is agreed to.

My understanding on this topic is anecdotal, not an in depth survey of all states.

I know that WA has girls State.   But during the normal season, the girls wrestle boys or don't wrestle.   There are only a few teams that have a full girls team.   I know at the HS that I volunteered at, we had a few girls the last few years but  it was less than a couple each year.  

mspart

Anybody know when the tickets go on sale?  it looks like it's either $50 a day or $100 for all events, so I'll just buy the all Events pass, but there doesn't appear to be a link on the site.  I tried to email the contact on the site (Hargrove?) and she said all the information was on the site.

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Anybody know when the tickets go on sale?  it looks like it's either $50 a day or $100 for all events, so I'll just buy the all Events pass, but there doesn't appear to be a link on the site.  I tried to email the contact on the site (Hargrove?) and she said all the information was on the site.

Coaches' bands.
https://www.usawmembership.com/usaw_events/2300005602?section=coach_bands

Edited by Mike Parrish

to purchase a coaches pass you will have to be bronze certified...

as far as just spectators are concerned, you will be able to walk up and purchase that any time... 

you will not have to be concerned about a sell out or anything crazy like that...

47 minutes ago, LJB said:

i had no idea USAW offered a VIP package for spectators...

I haven't looked at it, but a lot of the concerts I go to offer them.  Never worth the extra until you're sitting in the lawn on a hill in Burgettstown PA. Then you think to yourself, another $150 and I could have, closer parking, better seats, a pisser that flushes and $27 doubles at my fingertips.  

Any luck find how/where to buy tickets? I’m looking too.

i'm telling you guys...

tickets will be available when you walk up...

almost all of them...

tickets to get into the venue should be the absolute last thing you worry about in regards to a week in vegas around some of these people...

2 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Rooms will be in short supply with the NFL draft in town.

that was what has happened for several years in a row, but, someone was saying the draft is in KC this year...

whatever...

rooms could be an issue, yes...

venue tickets not even a little...

i'm telling you guys...
tickets will be available when you walk up...
almost all of them...
tickets to get into the venue should be the absolute last thing you worry about in regards to a week in vegas around some of these people...

Ok. I’ll take your word for it.

Just hate to get all the way there and end up jammed on tix.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:43 PM, LJB said:

it's most, yes?

In Indiana, it’s currently listed as emerging status and will become a full sport once the numbers hits a certain amount.

Once that happens girls will not be able to compete against boys (currently they can)

There has been pushback in the community by folks that have high level girls and believe they will no longer have good competition.

But it has to happen to grow the sport at the HS level - for instance I can’t get an additional girls coach stipend, my district said no until it reaches full sport status. Our girls team had 11 kids on it (we had a state champ at hwt this year) and no additional coaches so it’s hard for us to do right by everyone

to be fair...

if you go to a bunch of USA events the bronze cert is the way to go...

of course then you are in USAWs system...

safe sport...

background checks...

i am not sure i would recommend doing all that for a one time event...

but anyone with any involvement at all with USAW it is well worth however long the class is nowadays...

On 2/17/2023 at 3:40 PM, Mike Parrish said:

Mostly in states without a girls' wrestling state championship.

They can wrestle on the boys team during the regular season though, correct?

I just watched a state finals that had it at the same time as the boys for the first time ever. I disliked it. Went from 3 mats to 6 and it was even tougher to keep track of either. I was also at a State Tourney with just the One match and 1 Division. That was much more engaging. 

I don't think there's anything to be done, but a better system. They didn't have a big board with the matchups as they'd had in the past. No clue why that was. And they didn't announce things like National Rankins(also done in the past). 

So fix those things, and not sure what else you can do. Not fair to have the girls Wrestle two weeks later in front of 2000 people. Girls/Women's wrestling is evolving and improving so quickly, I think they've earned their place. I just don't like trying to watch 6 State title matches at once.