Officiating Shenanigans - Lauridsen v. Alden

uncle bernard

What an absolute disaster in Nebraska. Lauridsen going for his 4th. This guy was way out of his depth. The "unecessary roughness" call on Lauridsen to start the 3rd period is probably the worst call I've ever seen, no exaggeration. You won't believe it. He ended up evening it out with a strange 3rd caution on Alden to send it to OT. But he was also totally lost on both late takedown exchanges. On Alden's,  he inexplicably doesn't give 2 on a very clear takedown. His assistant has to save him. Then in OT, he gives 2 in a position that isn't even close before fortunately waving it off and letting them scramble.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/10207569-2023-nsaa-ne-state-championships-archive-only/videos?q=lauridsen&playing=10599326

Only thing I can think of is they thought they were in a bad time situation since the match should have never been started if there was an illegal starting position by the offensive wrestler.  However, if it was some sort of bad time, I would have thought they would have put more time back on the clock since the clock should have never been started (a lot of time ran off before the coach questioned something) and the stalling warning would then be erased.

Can't say I've ever seen anything like this.

1 hour ago, Rakkasan91 said:

Only thing I can think of is they thought they were in a bad time situation since the match should have never been started if there was an illegal starting position by the offensive wrestler.  However, if it was some sort of bad time, I would have thought they would have put more time back on the clock since the clock should have never been started (a lot of time ran off before the coach questioned something) and the stalling warning would then be erased.

Can't say I've ever seen anything like this.

They did put the time back on the clock so you might be correct.