UWW Alexandria Ranking Tourney

LJB

57 Suriano in Semi. Suriano loses 9-3 to Atli(TUR) Wrestles for bronze.
61 DeSanto loses in semi.
65 McKenna in Semi against Seabass. McKenna wins 10-2.
70 Chittum in Semi. Wins. In final.
74 Joseph in final.
79 Marstellar in repechage.
86 Ramos Valencia semi. Valencia wins. In final
92 Jackson and Kollin in Semi. opposite sides. Jackson and Kollin in Final.

Edited by MPhillips

Suriano was hosed.   Loses 2-1 but he was put on the clock twice.   KAZ did absolutely nothing except hold ground for the first period.  He took no shots, and Suriano actually drove him out twice.  One time for a point and the other should have been given a point as well but they ruled it grounded.  BS.  He was clearly the aggressor.  That grounding rule needs to be changed.  

Edited by SocraTease
  • Fire 1

I concur. Suriano hosed.  That said, didn’t do much either.  Looked like a Greco match.

Desanto wrestled a good match.  Wins by pin.  International wrestlers sometimes don’t try all that hard to keep blades off mat.  Basically a double leg hold to a pin.  Was wrestling well.

At break, opponent was showing something on his arm to ref.  Ref ignored. Wonder what that was about.  And then at end, after pin, Desanto seemed to have something going on with eyes (burning?).  Weird.

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

real wrestling is unconcerned with how many half shots with no set ups an athlete takes...

nothing wrong with the way that match was officiated...

I wouldn't call what the guy from KAZ did "real wrestling".  It was more like avoiding wrestling.   I know how the clock calls are made about holding center.  But the guy only did that for a while.   And Suriano took him out twice and was the aggressor for most of the match.  They shouldn't award the relative passivity of a wrestler. 

Just now, SocraTease said:

I wouldn't call what the guy from KAZ did "real wrestling".  It was more like avoiding wrestling.   I know how the clock calls are made about holding center.  But the guy only did that for a while.   And Suriano took him out twice and was the aggressor for most of the match.  They shouldn't award the relative passivity of a wrestler. 

if you know how it is going to be called then why complain when it is called like that?

the match was officiated as per the rules...

not one bad call...

totally on nicky pushups...

Why did Joseph forfeit the final?  Injury or just another dumb ending to a tournament where guys duck out?

74 kg: Vincenzo Joseph (Sunkist Kids), in gold-medal finals
WIN Luis Isabel Barrios Rochez (Honduras), 12-0, 2:10
WIN Anthony Valencia Gomez (Mexico), 12-5
WIN Semen Radulov (Ukraine), 11-0, 5:58
WIN Mitch Finesilver (Israel), 8-3
Gold Medal Match - Iakub Shikhdzhamalov (Romania)

4 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Why did Joseph forfeit the final?  Injury or just another dumb ending to a tournament where guys duck out?

74 kg: Vincenzo Joseph (Sunkist Kids), in gold-medal finals
WIN Luis Isabel Barrios Rochez (Honduras), 12-0, 2:10
WIN Anthony Valencia Gomez (Mexico), 12-5
WIN Semen Radulov (Ukraine), 11-0, 5:58
WIN Mitch Finesilver (Israel), 8-3
Gold Medal Match - Iakub Shikhdzhamalov (Romania)

Finesilver twisted his right ankle in their semi-final.