UWW Alexandria Ranking Tourney

LJB

Zahid in on double.  Hoisted over.  Given 4.  Challenge.  I didn’t see any stop and change in direction.  But challenge won.  So Zahid down 4-2. Zahid aggressor.  2 step outs.  4-4.  Hunting low ankles.  Stuck under.  Ukrainian hoists and given two for an exposure.  Hmmm.  Very close.  No challenge.  Zahid TD.  6-6 but UKR has criteria.  10 sec left in 1st.

2nd - ref gives point to Z for hands to face.  Chair doesn’t agree.  6-6.  Zahid hunting.  UKR does fire.  Nada.  Chair very vocal.  Looks like UKR warmed for passivity.  Z trapped under.  UKR blocking off.  Does fire.  Z turned on chest wrap.  6-8.  25 sec to go.   1 to Zahid, no.  Not given.  Zahid loses

He has not separated from world pack.

Edited by Dark Energy

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

Coach  DiSabato called it that. I haven't remembered that for forty plus years. He was a maniac. Loved him.

full disclosure...

i picked that up from one of my fav movies...

ford vs ferrari...

time frame for the movie was late 60s...

i have never heard it before or since, but, it is in regular rotation in my lexicon...

so...

this is the most of the women's style wrestling i have watched in a minute...

i have to be real honest... i have not felt especially hopeful about what i have seen from our guys that i have watched today...

after this quad, i am not so sure we will be duplicating anywhere near the kind of results we have grown used to recently...

53 minutes ago, DocBB said:

Looks like Nate Jackson is going to Chick-fil-A in Egypt tonight...didn't even know they had one there.

They are open on Sunday's there?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Three questions:

1.  Why was Nate Jackson so mad at his quarter round ref?  Dude must have really pi$$ed him off as that isn't something I have seen out of him. 

2.  What was the Gerogian saying to the ref bout his tricep in the bronze match with Desanto?  Tell him to stop grabbing my tricep so hard?

3.  At the end of the bronze match, what was up with Desanto's eyeballs?   

18 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Zahid in on double.  Hoisted over.  Given 4.  Challenge.  I didn’t see any stop and change in direction.  But challenge won.  So Zahid down 4-2. Zahid aggressor.  2 step outs.  4-4.  Hunting low ankles.  Stuck under.  Ukrainian hoists and given two for an exposure.  Hmmm.  Very close.  No challenge.  Zahid TD.  6-6 but UKR has criteria.  10 sec left in 1st.

2nd - ref gives point to Z for hands to face.  Chair doesn’t agree.  6-6.  Zahid hunting.  UKR does fire.  Nada.  Chair very vocal.  Looks like UKR warmed for passivity.  Z trapped under.  UKR blocking off.  Does fire.  Z turned on chest wrap.  6-8.  25 sec to go.   1 to Zahid, no.  Not given.  Zahid loses

He has not separated from world pack.

when i saw it, i would have scored it 4 ukr and 2 usa just like they did 

however, i can't believe they let ukr RUN the entire second period and NO 30 second clock

he did one counter and shot once at 35 seconds left... that was it, backward and running

he didn't come close to holding center 

now zahid could have done a bit more actual attacks but...

The match that makes people cringe at freestyle scoring has to be finesilvers

he lifts the guy, hanging on his back, im yelling just drop on top of him backwards!!!

he does a cartwheel and gets two

then does the exact same move and gets four

talk about inconsistency 

when i saw it, i would have scored it 4 ukr and 2 usa just like they did

I'm a bit confused on the scoring of that. The ref originally called 4 blue 2 red. Which indicates she was giving Zahid credit for feet to back and then 2 to Ukr for exposure. After the challenge, they switched it to 4 red 2 blue.

If they are giving Ukr credit for a 4 pt feet to back chest wrap (which I think was the right call, there was a very slight hesitation and it was more of a lift than just rolling Zahid through on a continuation of the double), then what did Zahid get 2 points for? He didn't get a takedown, and it wasn't his exposure. If Zahid is given 2 for exposure, then it couldn't be a 4 pointer for Ukr, right? Should that not have been 4 red 0 blue, or 2 red 2 blue?

7 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
14 minutes ago, LJB said:
gouging is a super strong word for what happened...

I'm basing it mostly off of Desanto's reaction, but just rewatched in slowmo. The dude was definitely digging in and it doesn't take a whole lot of finger in your eye to hurt like a motherf*$ker.

his hands were definitely in the face, but, i am not going to attribute any maliciousness to it which "gouging" implies...

if it had been a random Uzbekistan nobody in america would have used the term "gouging"...

18 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I'm a bit confused on the scoring of that. The ref originally called 4 blue 2 red. Which indicates she was giving Zahid credit for feet to back and then 2 to Ukr for exposure. After the challenge, they switched it to 4 red 2 blue.

If they are giving Ukr credit for a 4 pt feet to back chest wrap (which I think was the right call, there was a very slight hesitation and it was more of a lift than just rolling Zahid through on a continuation of the double), then what did Zahid get 2 points for? He didn't get a takedown, and it wasn't his exposure. If Zahid is given 2 for exposure, then it couldn't be a 4 pointer for Ukr, right? Should that not have been 4 red 0 blue, or 2 red 2 blue?

i did not like 4-2 for that action at all...

there would have had to have been two separate actions for a 4 red 2 blue which is not how i saw it at all...

they did look at it for quite a while...

and i have not been involved in any ref/rules discussion yet this year...

there could be a new way of interpreting the action that they are pushing this year...

his hands were definitely in the face, but, i am not going to attribute any maliciousness to it which "gouging" implies...
if it had been a random Uzbekistan nobody in america would have used the term "gouging"...

If his thumb is in his eyeball, it's a gouge whether malicious or not. But watch the video at 0.25x speed from 5:26-5:28 and tell me that's not intentional? (I know full well you will hold your position and not actually rewatch the clip, but posting for the benefit of others.) Adding a screenshot, but the video is more telling.

Screenshot_20230227_112619_YouTube.jpg