Best looking wrestling mat?

JoeSmith

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I've never seen those octo mats before. Are they designed to interlock so you can fit more mats into an arena? I see it's UALR's so they must be new. Also now do they roll up?

I don't know the details.  I can't imagine that you could fit more mats into an arena this way could you?  Va Tech also has one I believe.

Virginia Tech Wrestling match at NC State cancelled ...

18 minutes ago, Warm Up Champ said:

I don't know the details.  I can't imagine that you could fit more mats into an arena this way could you?  Va Tech also has one I believe.

Virginia Tech Wrestling match at NC State cancelled ...

What I like a about them is that there is a uniform out-of-bounds space all the way around.

You would definitely save space in the corners. Not a ton, but maybe enough to be useful. I can see them being handy at the high school or lower tournaments where you want to fit in more mats into a smaller venue space.

Edited by CHROMEBIRD

I've never seen those octo mats before. Are they designed to interlock so you can fit more mats into an arena? I see it's UALR's so they must be new. Also now do they roll up?
This shape would not interlock. They would need to be 6-sided (hexagon) in order to fit together tightly. Even then, it wouldn't really allow you to fit more mats into any arena, where you can usually fit two rows at most. I think this is purely a form rather than function thing. But I think they look cool.

15 hours ago, Crotalus said:
20 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

This shape would not interlock. They would need to be 6-sided (hexagon) in order to fit together tightly. Even then, it wouldn't really allow you to fit more mats into any arena, where you can usually fit two rows at most. I think this is purely a form rather than function thing. But I think they look cool.

Correct.  This would only work with tr

14 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

With the Big Dance coming up, here's a close up of a best looking mat.

brent19.jpg

My buddy bought one of these for his high school program.  They use them once and then get rid of them.  His was a semi mat, I believe.  The NCAA logo has been removed.

31 minutes ago, JoeSmith said:

Have an image of the Campbell Fighting Camels mat but can't figure out how to post is here.

Have it on my computer in the image files. How do I put a jpg in a post? 

When in edit mode there will be a "Drag files here to attach, or choose files" option below (see image below), after file loaded you may still need to hit the "insert"  in the uploaded image box

iforum.thumb.jpg.316527b9ca0291071f6b433ddbec2453.jpg

• Fire 2

On 3/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This was from an April Fool's article, but basically what I wrestled on.  It was an old mat that they were still making use of.

image.png.27f751a9921a3d968a6ce66c17b30c3e.png

That is close to what I wrestled on in MS, only the red/green lines were on the 10' circle. 

1 hour ago, JoeSmith said:

Have an image of the Campbell Fighting Camels mat but can't figure out how to post is here.

Have it on my computer in the image files. How do I put a jpg in a post? 

Yes this could be the winner:

GXjd_imc copy.jpg

• Fire 3

The image is courtesy of Zon Torres, owner and creative director www.Fortify.media

I contacted Coach Sentes and apparently he referred this also to Zon. He was gracious in sending the file with permission

to use it here. Also thanks to Ionel for his help getting the image up for all to see.

Really like that Wrestling mat.

Edited by JoeSmith
Credit & thanks
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Yes this could be the winner:

GXjd_imc copy.jpg

Another thing just noticed that makes this the hands down winner is they can setup/rotate that mat so the camel's head is facing the visiting coaching chairs.  Think of Zeke Jones, Brands bros or John Smith jumping up to question a call then noticing they are within spitting distance of that mean camel!  and if u never been scared of getn spit on by a camel ima gonna call ewe a liar ... or maybe you just never been to a zoo

Edited by ionel