Hey Shane Sparks

lu_alum

13 hours ago, Crotalus said:

One of the most annoying things announcers can do is to try and force various catch phrases. "Resilite", "hasta lasagna, don't get any on ya", etc.

All I know is I was fine with these guys before...and now I just went back and watched the B1G Semis and Tim Johnson was annoying the hell out of me with his talk about Ridge Lovett in the room and how Nebraska guys are all about their team and then he dropped in a fact about the first time Neb has had two undefeated Wrestlers(and then about 2 minutes later and after others had spoken) he said...since 1961...as if he was scrolling through the guide.

It reminds me of watching TV with my Grandma and I pointed out a laugh track to her...and it ruined the show for her. 

If fact I just posted a Nelson Brands video from 2021 and Shane Sparks mentions resilite a few times. 

• Fire 1

I like listening to Jim Gibbons.  He's brings a lot of technical knowledge to the table and delivers it in a colorful way.  Tim Johnson is okay too but does have a tendency to nut-hug the Iowa guys a little too much for me.  Shane Sparks is just flat-out annoying - it's like he's trying too hard all the time.  He should also just propose to Spencer Lee and get it over with.

10 hours ago, Gus said:

Head lever is not used for a turn against legit competition but is used as a set up to get an arm bar hooked up. 

A lot of the Okies call it a Tulsa Ride and according to John Smith it is a turn for legit competition (from about 20 years ago). 

On 3/6/2023 at 6:30 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

I think they are great too, but after switching on ESPN and listening to Robles on the horn... wow. What a difference. Is Robles scheduled to call NCAAs? I don't think he was on last year (or maybe just partial sessions?) but not 100% sure.

I thought the same thing.  I seem to remember that he did some commentary in past NCAAs and wasn't terrible.