BREAKING : Previously Unseen January 6th Footage

headshuck

55 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Insurrectionists aren't common criminals.

They're traitors.

Note to self:  you get a free pass by declaring yourself an insurrectionist. Further, doesn't matter which government,  for what purpose or whether every legal grievance has been rejected due to total lack of evidence.  One insurrectionist is the same as the next!

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

Love the attitude..."Well, it's not widespread so it isn't really cheating".  Who defines "widespread"?  When does it become actual cheating?

It's a clear case of selective outrage.  Riot and burn down cities - meh...they are just exercising their civil rights.  Storm the capital...lock them all up and throw away the key.

@PlasmodiumAs for the "whataboutism" you claim, nice try at defecting and trying to steer the conversation away from your lies and total one-sided partisan view on most things - which has been the point of the back and forth, but you want to make it all about something it isn't.  Nice try you rascally little devil!

FWIW - The discussion is: Biden won, Trump lied, MAGA violently stormed congress in response to Trump's lies.  I stick to that truth.  You talk about Hillary Clinton.  It is a simple discussion, so it came to a conclusion long ago.
The fact that I am on the left side of most political discussions doesn't mean I am subjective.  Far from it.  It only means I am correct and if you disagree, you are incorrect!
Too many variables to avoid cheating in an absolute sense.  Widespread means it did or potentially may have had an impact on results.  That didn't happen.  We all know that, even if Trump only needed 11,780 votes to declare Georgia free and fair.
Sure, I skipped discussing Hillary.  But only because she means nothing here.   Now you only discuss her, so easy to see why you brought her up.

• Fire 1

42 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

MAGA violently stormed congress in response to Trump's lies

or...

was given a tour by the "security" guards...

depending on what portion of what video you are allowed to see...

• Fire 1

The fantasy narratives list is pretty long. Would anyone care to start? Maybe start in 2016?

- Russians stole the 2016 election for Trump.
- Trump quid pro quo with Ukraine.
-
-

Once you make the list, do publish some of the best fantasy narratives.

Funny how Zalensky clears the air only after asking for billions. https://thehill.com/policy/international/472579-ukraines-zelensky-i-never-talked-to-trump-about-position-of-a-quid-pro/amp/

you guys are so impatient...

just give it some time...

these "fantasy narratives" sometimes take a little bit of time before the rest catch up...

that list is long and varied throughout the years...

shit...

it was not that long ago that we would execute people for suggesting such "fantasy narratives" like the earth was not flat...

you don't even get banned from all social media for talking about lab leaks anymore...

patience my children...

patience...

• Fire 1

Based on the latest videos, I think you would be hard pressed to call them all insurrectionists.   There may have been a few with that motivation but based on what I have seen, most did not.   Do insurrectionists wield phone cameras as their weapon of choice?   Do insurrectionists destroy the building or keep it in general state of repair?  Do insurrectionists give up after 2 hours when told to go home?  Do insurrectionists plan an insurrection without the benefit of weapon of any kind?

I think you would be hard pressed to say that as a truth these were all insurrectionists. 

mspart

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, mspart said:

Based on the latest videos, I think you would be hard pressed to call them all insurrectionists.   There may have been a few with that motivation but based on what I have seen, most did not.   Do insurrectionists wield phone cameras as their weapon of choice?   Do insurrectionists destroy the building or keep it in general state of repair?  Do insurrectionists give up after 2 hours when told to go home?  Do insurrectionists plan an insurrection without the benefit of weapon of any kind?

I think you would be hard pressed to say that as a truth these were all insurrectionists. 

mspart

i remember when this actually happened...

which is weird because i do not remember anything anymore...

i was sorta dating sorta friends with this bat poo crazy super fun "lady" whose politics made me think less of her as a person, but, i am always trying to be better...

we were in a convo when the news dropped...

i remember being a little shocked...

she made some comment about a coup and i responded something along the lines of "it kinda does look like one"

two hours later i thought it was one of the funniest things i had ever seen in my life and i felt so pretentious for even giving the notion of a "coup" a moments consideration in my mind...

this is my version of a parable...

10 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

I don't think you know what an insurrection is. 

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/insurrection

an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sedition

incitement of discontent or rebellion against a government.
any action, especially in speech or writing, promoting such discontent or rebellion.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/four-oath-keepers-found-guilty-seditious-conspiracy-related-us-capitol-breach

Four members of the Oath Keepers were found guilty today by a jury in the District of Columbia of seditious conspiracy and other charges for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Their actions and the actions of others disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.

According to the evidence at trial, in the months leading up to January 6, these defendants and their co-conspirators plotted to oppose by force the lawful transfer of presidential power, including by amassing an armed “quick reaction force” on the outskirts of the District of Columbia. The defendants – Roberto Minuta, 38, of Prosper, Texas; Joseph Hackett, 52, of Sarasota, Florida; David Moerschel, 45, of Punta Gorda, Florida; and Edward Vallejo, 64, of Phoenix, Arizona – were leaders and associates of the Oath Keepers organization. In addition to the seditious conspiracy count, all four were found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of an official proceeding, and conspiracy to prevent Members of Congress from discharging their official duties. Hackett was also found guilty of destruction of evidence.

Seems pretty clear.

I guess you know more than federal judges and the DoJ too?

1 minute ago, El Luchador said:

I don't  know, take over the military,  assassinate the current leadership and take control of the country like Moussolini and Castro. Just how well armed was their military? 

Nah…

in this country a TikTok vid could be a coup if you didn’t get a good enough nights sleep…

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

I don't  know, take over the military,  assassinate the current leadership and take control of the country like Moussolini and Castro. Just how well armed was their military? 

Where do you get any of that from the definitions of 'sedition' and 'insurrection'?

I even quoted them for you in the post above.

5 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Seems pretty violent to me.

https://deadstate.org/jan-6-rioter-who-crushed-cops-in-capitol-tunnel-is-slapped-with-lengthy-prison-sentence/

Tell us again how Jan 6th was totally peaceful?

Well, at least he'll get 5 years to be peaceful in a federal prison, so he has that going for him, which is nice.

Did this come from the same source who told us the Rioters killed a capital officer by hitting him over the head with a fire extinguisher?  And told us burning down cities all over America were peaceful protests.

37 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

I don't think you know what an insurrection is. 

Your funniest line.

I quoted the definition for you and you went all floppy handed waving about trying to deflect.

Good times, good times.

P.S. Bonus question, "Why are so many Jan 6th defendants pleading guilty?"

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

Your funniest line.

I quoted the definition for you and you went all floppy handed waving about trying to deflect.

Good times, good times.

P.S. Bonus question, "Why are so many Jan 6th defendants pleading guilty?"

They are pleading because they are up against a weaponized government who is withholding evidence and threatens massive incarceration. 

• Haha 1

Just now, El Luchador said:

They are pleading because they are up against a weaponized government who is withholding evidence and threatens massive incarceration. 

BZZZZZZT!

They're pleading because they're guilty and their occasionally competent attorneys are getting them the best deals they can.