BREAKING : Previously Unseen January 6th Footage

headshuck

26 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Poor, clueless tourists.  Doesn't look like they were charged with crimes of violence but are still facing serious time. I guess tourists and lookie-loos need to follow the same laws the locals have been following for 231 years.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Poor, clueless tourists.  Doesn't look like they were charged with crimes of violence but are still facing serious time. I guess tourists and lookie-loos need to follow the same laws the locals have been following for 231 years.   

Foxtrot Alpha Foxtrot Oscar

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/10/2023 at 7:35 PM, headshuck said:

Telling everyone to go home.

I know this is old. But this is the first time I have seen it. Its amazing how he was sentenced to 41 months in jail . Then the other tape finally came out and he got released. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

A defense attorney. 

Wasn't there a slight issue in the first court appearance with prosecution having access to the video with him just walking around in the building with 2 officers like he was on a tour of the Capital.The officers were not asking him to leave. But the defense didn't have access to the same video. He was not being disrespectful. Why didn't the  defense  have access to the video. To be clear none of the protestors should have been violent and they should have never been inside the Capital.

9 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Wasn't there a slight issue in the first court appearance with prosecution having access to the video with him just walking around in the building with 2 officers like he was on a tour of the Capital.The officers were not asking him to leave. But the defense didn't have access to the same video. He was not being disrespectful. Why didn't the  defense  have access to the video. To be clear none of the protestors should have been violent and they should have never been inside the Capital.

There were many claims made by various attorneys.  As to the initial insinuation that this potential evidentiary violation lead to his early release, that part is simply not true. As to this new direct question regarding video not being disclosed, that appears to be in reference to two 10 second clips.  I don't obviously have access to either sides actual file, but all I know is the federal prosecutors say that one of the clips had been previously disclosed but one seems to have been disclosed well after Chansley's conviction.  That could be considered a discovery violation but is unlikely to have any affect on a conviction, especially since he took a plea deal which typically waives most of your rights to appeal.

Sources:

"Albert Watkins, the attorney who handled Chansley’s plea and sentencing, tells TIME that the new footage did not play any role in his former client’s release. “Absolutely no,” he says. “I have seen no indication of any filings related to the new footage. There are no docket entries indicating the same.”

He notes that the plea agreement and sentencing imposed by the court permitted reduced time if Chansley undertook certain programs and behaved well while confined. The early release, he says, is most likely “based on a host of factors routinely taken into consideration by the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.”

https://time.com/6267335/jan-6-qanon-shaman-jacob-chansley-released-early-prison/

"Prosecutors say that apart from 10 seconds that “implicated an evacuation route,” the rest of the video played by Carlson was released to Pezzola and Chansley by September 24, 2021, and the additional 10 seconds were released to all January 6 defendants on January 23, 2023."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/03/12/politics/jacob-chansley-footage-tucker-carlson/index.html

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

There were many claims made by various attorneys.  As to the initial insinuation that this potential evidentiary violation lead to his early release, that part is simply not true. As to this new direct question regarding video not being disclosed, that appears to be in reference to two 10 second clips.  I don't obviously have access to either sides actual file, but all I know is the federal prosecutors say that one of the clips had been previously disclosed but one seems to have been disclosed well after Chansley's conviction.  That could be considered a discovery violation but is unlikely to have any affect on a conviction, especially since he took a plea deal which typically waives most of your rights to appeal.

Sources:

"Albert Watkins, the attorney who handled Chansley’s plea and sentencing, tells TIME that the new footage did not play any role in his former client’s release. “Absolutely no,” he says. “I have seen no indication of any filings related to the new footage. There are no docket entries indicating the same.”

He notes that the plea agreement and sentencing imposed by the court permitted reduced time if Chansley undertook certain programs and behaved well while confined. The early release, he says, is most likely “based on a host of factors routinely taken into consideration by the U.S. Bureau of Prisons.”

https://time.com/6267335/jan-6-qanon-shaman-jacob-chansley-released-early-prison/

"Prosecutors say that apart from 10 seconds that “implicated an evacuation route,” the rest of the video played by Carlson was released to Pezzola and Chansley by September 24, 2021, and the additional 10 seconds were released to all January 6 defendants on January 23, 2023."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/03/12/politics/jacob-chansley-footage-tucker-carlson/index.html

Thanks for your help.