PSU next year at 125, 133, and 197

peanut

30 minutes ago, Gus said:

We will welcome Nevills with open arms

I mean, they have a pipeline there and AJ is using his last year of eligibility this year.

Not even a hunch as much as it is wishful thinking.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

22 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I remember chuckling when he said that and thinking “surely he’s not going to seriously attempt to follow through on that after a couple years of growth.” But hey if he wants to shrink down then go for it. His body, his choice. I’ll take Dake by bomb and JB by double until proven otherwise

Honestly my thinking is that if he is going to take it with the approach that Olympic Gold is most important, then he absolutely should remain within sensible striking distance.

That makes me think that if Lewis were to take thr mentality of heading to 86 KG immediately after that he will have too much horsepower for Starocci.

If that becomes the reality of it, then Starocci will have to go to last chance qualifiers the week before OTT and make 74 KG two weekends in a row.

I don't like it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 3/12/2023 at 8:28 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

Howard will be either the 125 or 133 and has 4 years of eligibility left somehow, the reason he kept getting reinjured is bc he never had surgery on the shoulder and after this most recent set back he finally did , probably see him back around January…could be brooks moving up to 197 next year 

Are you saying PSU mismanaged an injury? I thought only Iowa did that!

32 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea wrestled in 2020 as an 18 yr old true freshman which was a free year, redshirted behind hildebrandt in 2021 and injury redshirted in 2022 , he just turned 21 last month why shouldn’t he have 4 years left? 

But really, truly, honestly, for reals? Level with me.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea wrestled in 2020 as an 18 yr old true freshman which was a free year, redshirted behind hildebrandt in 2021 and injury redshirted in 2022 , he just turned 21 last month why shouldn’t he have 4 years left? 

I mean...it'd mean he wrestled at least 7 years. That used to be a guys 3rd year out of College. God help us if he decides he wants an Olympic redshirt if his shoulder ever heals up. 

33 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Two guys who injured themselves wrestling for another school and then at the Olympic Trials qualifier?

How are either of those on Penn State?

One guy took 4th at the other school and then injured himself again at PSU.  "Improperly managed injuries.'

Another guy chose to wrestle freestyle during the season.  "Improperly managed athlete who had multiple seasons lost to injuries at PSU."

But this has quickly been forgotten about.

I think PSU probably needs to dial back the "1970s style training methods."

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

One guy took 4th at the other school and then injured himself again at PSU.  "Improperly managed injuries.'

Another guy chose to wrestle freestyle during the season.  "Improperly managed athlete who had multiple seasons lost to injuries at PSU."

But this has quickly been forgotten about.

I think PSU probably needs to dial back the "1970s style training methods."

I think when they stop dominating the field, that's a discussion that may have a BIT more weight behind it...

Dake, Taylor, Snyder, Gillman, Varner...Cornell, PSU(obviously...a dozen more), Ohio State, Iowa, Iowa State. Their best all choose to train where? 
9 of the last 11 NCs.

Seem like their managing their program pretty well.

5 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

While it is strange to be looking ahead to next season right now, it's a fair topic for discussion during the dead period!

Come next Monday its gonna be real dead around here.  We're all gonna be looking for something new to talk about and here we are wasting a good topic.  😞

• Fire 2