PSU next year at 125, 133, and 197

peanut

9 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I think when they stop dominating the field, that's a discussion that may have a BIT more weight behind it...

Dake, Taylor, Snyder, Gillman, Varner...Cornell, PSU(obviously...a dozen more), Ohio State, Iowa, Iowa State. Their best all choose to train where? 
9 of the last 11 NCs.

Seem like their managing their program pretty well.

(Anytime a guy with a black and gold singlet gets hurt, it is blamed on "1970s training techniques, " "load management," etc.; even if the guy arrived in Iowa City with previous injuries.  I'm just (tongue in cheek) applying the same logic to PSU, who also has had plenty of injuries)

9 hours ago, ionel said:

Come next Monday its gonna be real dead around here.  We're all gonna be looking for something new to talk about and here we are wasting a good topic.  😞

Going to be a realllly long month until the US Open all the way out on April 26

i am an idiot on the internet

12 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

(Anytime a guy with a black and gold singlet gets hurt, it is blamed on "1970s training techniques, " "load management," etc.; even if the guy arrived in Iowa City with previous injuries.  I'm just (tongue in cheek) applying the same logic to PSU, who also has had plenty of injuries)

The irony is that you aren't really being ironic or insincere about it.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

At no point did I say that I was invoking irony.

Indeed, I am sincere. I am sincerely focusing on the double standard.

Then you are using the term 'tongue in cheek' improperly as it's meaning is something along the lines of 'Ironic in an insincere way.'

Since you obviously did not know that, then you are simply being argumentative in an ignorant way.

Rather smart fellar once said 'Ignorance is the root of misfortunate.'  He was correct in this instance.

13 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

In my opinion, this video doesn’t look great for Iowa. 

10 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Then you are using the term 'tongue in cheek' improperly as it's meaning is something along the lines of 'Ironic in an insincere way.'

Since you obviously did not know that, then you are simply being argumentative in an ignorant way.

Rather smart fellar once said 'Ignorance is the root of misfortunate.'  He was correct in this instance.

"fellar"

Ummm... probably the best translation for the Plato quote is "Ignorance is the root of MISFORTUNE.'  You are trying to school me, but end up using an adjective instead of a noun.  Real brainiac!  I guess you are ignorant, making you misfortunate!

The "keggers' guy!

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy, and you gave me more hypocrisy!

There was literally an article in the local PSU paper saying injuries were probably going to cost them the title.  Their solution to plug these holes was going to be a guy coming off an ACL surgery.

This was only back in 2020, when many of the current PSU bunch were in school.  2020!

PSU guys are injured at a fairly high rate.  It just hasn't cause them to miss a lot of time since covid.  

Recency bias 

8 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

"fellar"

Ummm... probably the best translation for the Plato quote is "Ignorance is the root of MISFORTUNE.'  You are trying to school me, but end up using an adjective instead of a noun.  Real brainiac!  I guess you are ignorant, making you misfortunate!

The "keggers' guy!

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy, and you gave me more hypocrisy!

There was literally an article in the local PSU paper saying injuries were probably going to cost them the title.  Their solution to plug these holes was going to be a guy coming off an ACL surgery.

This was only back in 2020, when many of the current PSU bunch were in school.  2020!

PSU guys are injured at a fairly high rate.  It just hasn't cause them to miss a lot of time since covid.  

Recency bias 

Also, it is okay to be wrong.  In this case you were.  That is fine.  You ignorantly (ignorance literally means you didn't know better, not that you are stoopid) used a terminology that is often misused - especially on here.

Also, I am trying to do better and grow. <- See 'keggers'

Also, also recency bias is allowed to be accurate and true.

Also, also, also, just spit in my mouth and pay for the room already.  Please.  This pregame shit is for the birds.

Edited by nhs67

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Also, it is okay to be wrong.  In this case you were.  That is fine.  You ignorantly (ignorance literally means you didn't know better, not that you are stoopid) used a terminology that is often misused - especially on here.

Also, I am trying to do better and grow. <- See 'keggers'

Also, also recency bias is allowed to be accurate and true.

Also, also, also, just spit in my mouth and pay for the room already.  Please.  This pregame shit is for the birds.

Also... you have done nothing to dispute the fact that PSU gets its fair share of injuries.

Ironic?  Dont'cha think?  

11 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Also... you have done nothing to dispute the fact that PSU gets its fair share of injuries.

Ironic?  Dont'cha think?  

No.  I don't have that itch to scratch.

This is a thread about their 125, 133, and 197(184?) options for next season.

This isn't a thread about stroking your ego or lack of Engrish comprehension or whatever the hell Beyonce said about Rihanna (Is it Jay-Z's?!)...

If you would like it to be, I welcome you to create your own thread and we can attempt to stay on topic there. 

If you dare to be competent, that is.

Or not.

Still waiting to hear about the mouth spitting/paid room stuff.

Had a long week and it is barely Tuesday.

I will be sitting pretty in a box come tomorrow, though.  Hope to see you there.

45 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Thanks.  I knew I was correct.

That isn't what that means and I expect you know that.

It is equal parts funny and sad when people think they're smart when they're truly ignorant.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

That isn't what that means and I expect you know that.

It is equal parts funny and sad when people think they're smart when they're truly ignorant.

It is super funny when Backwards Hat Guy can't follow the natural progression of an argument, complains it deviated too much from the topic... and then takes it off the rails into his favorite S&M activities.

Bro can't even get the nouns and verbs right in his Plato quotes.

Lay off the booze the rest of the night, you have a long weekend ahead!

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

It is super funny when Backwards Hat Guy can't follow the natural progression of an argument, complains it deviated too much from the topic... and then takes it off the rails into his favorite S&M activities.

Bro can't even get the nouns and verbs right in his Plato quotes.

Lay off the booze the rest of the night, you have a long weekend ahead!

You're cute when you're angry.

• Fire 1

• 1 month later...

PSU is going to win with or without a single point at 125 or 133 next year.  They have major help coming in the recruits the next couple of years in these weights.  I think they will get Cannon for 133 next year.   Nagao would be great, but Iowa is going to offer him so much he won't be able to refuse.  He also happens to be in one of the three weight classes where Iowa really isn't a bad choice to improve your wrestling skills.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, peanut said:

Alright, so what might PSU's lineup look like next year?

• 125- Howard?
  • 133- ?
  • 141- Bartlett
  • 149- SVN
  • 157- Haines / Mesenbrink
  • 165- Facundo / Mesenbrink
  • 174- CStar
  • 184- Truax
  • 197- Brooks
  • 285- Kerk

With that big hole at 133 they probably don't stand a chance.  ;_;

On 4/24/2023 at 2:52 PM, ionel said:

With that big hole at 133 they probably don't stand a chance.  ;_;

Ok so now that Nagao has committed to PSU, that answers the questions about 133. So now we have:

• 125- Howard?
  • 133- Nagao
  • 141- Bartlett
  • 149- SVN
  • 174- Starocci
  • 184- Truax
  • 197- Brooks
  • 285- Kerk

Of course who knows if Starocci takes an ORS.

1 minute ago, peanut said:

Ok so now that Nagao has committed to PSU, that answers the questions about 133. So now we have:

• 125- Howard?
  • 133- Nagao
  • 141- Bartlett
  • 149- SVN
  • 174- Starocci
  • 184- Truax
  • 197- Brooks
  • 285- Kerk

Of course who knows if Starocci takes an ORS.

Four transfers starting.  Each may be a title contender.