Watching NCAA's

Mizzou Fan

How do I watch individual mats, the Octobox, and upcoming assignments?

Just like last year, you need an ESPN+ subscription. You may already have this if you have a Disney/Hulu bundle, or you may have it separately. 

I don't know if I have ESPN+  /  How do I get a subscription?

Click this link here

Is it easy to cancel?

Yes. Unlike some companies that support wrestling, ESPN+ is very easy to cancel after your three day nattys bonanza.

How much does it cost?

As cheap as $9.99 for a one-month subscription. You can also choose from the a la carte for an annual package or build custom bundles with Disney+ and Hulu

What can I watch ESPN+ on?

Smart TVs and smart sticks like Roku and Amazon. You can also watch from your computer.

Can I watch on multiple devices?

Yes! Last year I had 4 big screens and a laptop. My setup would make Jagger jealous.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

S1 - Thu 11a CST, First Round - ESPN+ & ESPNU
All 8 individual mats - ESPN+

S2 - Thu 6p CST, Second Round - ESPN+ & ESPN
All 8 individual mats - ESPN+

S3 - Fri 11a CST, Qtr's - ESPN+ & ESPNU
All 8 individual mats - ESPN+

S4 - Fri 7p CST, Semi's (& Blood round) - ESPN+ & ESPN
All 6 individual mats - ESPN+

S5 -Sat 10a CST, Medal Round - ESPN+ & ESPNU
All 4 individual mats - ESPN+

S6 - Sat 6p CST, Finals - ESPN+ & ESPN

It appears ESPN made it simple this year... nicely done.

• ESPN+ for hardcore fans who want to see all mats in every session
  • ESPN (evenings) & ESPNU (mornings) will each cover 3 sessions with a single stream
Edited by GreatWhiteNorth
  • Fire 7

5 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

So far, I don't think it changed(yet)... but you can track matches in progress, mat assignments and who's coming up next on each mat thru Trackwrestling's dashboard.

It should be ALL there for you.

D3

I got this text message this morning from Track/Flo:

Mat 8: Bout 25 - B. Ungar vs. R. Miller www.trackwrestling.com/m.jsp?m=P-1255960135-15-N&p=

Not certain but John Lockhart (Illinois), 285lb. champ in 2001, has to be in contention...at least for lowest point differential anyway.  Watching his crawl to the title was like watching paint dry 😴.  Not to mention the fact that many of his "points" were awarded after the match for winning the tiebreaker.🙄

RD1 - John Lockhart 5-4 TB

RD2 - John Lockhart 4-2 OT

Quarters - John Lockhart 3-2

Semis - John Lockhart 2-1 TB

Finals - John Lockhart 2-1 TB

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, gromit said:

Not certain but John Lockhart (Illinois), 285lb. champ in 2001, has to be in contention...at least for lowest point differential anyway.  Watching his crawl to the title was like watching paint dry 😴.  Not to mention the fact that many of his "points" were awarded after the match for winning the tiebreaker.🙄

That's Dr. John Lockhart, MD, NCAA Champion thank you very much

In Defense of John Lockhart - Illinois Matmen Forums

i am an idiot on the internet

7 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Watching mekhi lewis has me wondering what the record is for lowest total scored points from a champion is?

Jason Tsirtsis during his title run seems like a none HWT contender for this.  Seemed like almost all his matches were low scoring sudden victory wins. 

On 3/16/2023 at 1:36 PM, gromit said:

It would take some digging, but perhaps a look into brackets when we still had OT matches with criteria (and Ref Decisions) to break ties?

Is there any way to select four mats anymore? Or is matcast the only option? It would be nice to have the two semi finals on the tv and then the four blood round mats on another device. Matcast is nice but it’s smaller than it needs to be when you have a few of the matches on another device

On 3/16/2023 at 6:24 PM, ugarles said:

are replays available anywhere? i thought they'd be on track but apparently not?

they are on track but requires a specific subscription other than flopro.

I think the replays are supposed to be on ESPN+. On tv, ESPNU is rebroadcasting the semifinals on Saturday at 7AM Central and the finals on Tuesday 3/21 at 9PM.

9 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I think the replays are supposed to be on ESPN+. On tv, ESPNU is rebroadcasting the semifinals on Saturday at 7AM Central and the finals on Tuesday 3/21 at 9PM.

Correct. All of the ESPN+ streams were available on-demand following their respective session.  Tricky part when looking for a specific bout is determining the mat assignment and how far to fast forward into the four-hour recording.  I estimate the timestamp by estimating 2hrs for a full dual meet (e.g., 157 takes place ~ 1hr into the stream) and then using the MATCAST stream to find the mat assignment and view the individual mat's stream.

Edited by lu_alum
  • Fire 2