Another US resident supposedly popped for anti-doping violation

bnwtwg

43 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Internet rumor has it that famous New York City resident Frank Chamizo supposedly had his 2022 world bronze revoked for an anti-doping violation. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpz6zIHs0iI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

image.thumb.png.4a49c84a197714173a3c163054c21588.png

Must've been Alberto Salazar, Mark Kerr, Mark Coleman and the rest of the American Olympic Doping Illuminati that he was conspiring with!

36 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Must've been Alberto Salazar, Mark Kerr, Mark Coleman and the rest of the American Olympic Doping Illuminati that he was conspiring with!

You can beat a dead horse all you want, but in layman's terms Alberto Salazar was the CEO of Nike and USA middle and long distance running, and you can see all the pops through the years at a domestic and global scale. But you do you amigo.

Edited by bnwtwg

i am an idiot on the internet

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

...and his involvement in wrestling?  

If you are going to argue disingenuously, then what is the point of this?

The point I raised in the Russia thread is that Americans shouldn't throw stones in glass houses because we have a very dirty past, present, and future and that wrestling is no different. The difference between Russia and USA is state vs. privatized, just like our societies. I provided a significant group who has tested dirty in the past 4 years and were suspended. It is a fair and logical assumption to assume, especially using the greco national team all popping for the same substance as evidence, that others associated were also using and either did not get tested or beat testing (this would be at the group/RTC, or private, level most likely). I also used a very prominent high level athletic group led by Alberto Salazar as a strong example that apparently did not resonate with you.

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

If you are going to argue disingenuously, then what is the point of this?

The point I raised in the Russia thread is that Americans shouldn't throw stones in glass houses because we have a very dirty past, present, and future and that wrestling is no different. The difference between Russia and USA is state vs. privatized, just like our societies. I provided a significant group who has tested dirty in the past 4 years and were suspended. It is a fair and logical assumption to assume, especially using the greco national team all popping for the same substance as evidence, that others associated were also using and either did not get tested or beat testing (this would be at the group/RTC, or private, level most likely). I also used a very prominent high level athletic group led by Alberto Salazar as a strong example that apparently did not resonate with you.

I think you probably know the answer to this; what substance were two members of the Greco team popped for?

24 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

You can beat a dead horse all you want, but in layman's terms Alberto Salazar was the CEO of Nike and USA middle and long distance running, and you can see all the pops through the years at a domestic and global scale. But you do you amigo.

Concerned about "others beating a dead horse;" starts a doping thread about a member of a European wrestling team who is a "US resident,"

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Concerned about "others beating a dead horse;" starts a doping thread about a member of a European wrestling team who is a "US resident,"

That's because I thought it was funny. I'll instacart you some beer and nachos tomorrow if it walks you off the edge duder.

Can’t wait for threads about …

Another wrestler that has been to US has popped

Another wrestler that has a family member in US …

Another wrestler that knows someone in the US … 

Another wrestler who has ordered a product from the US …

Another wrestler who knows someone that knows someone from the US …

Keep building that case!!!

• Fire 1

We need to ban all USA athletes from ever competing in the Olympics again and all the medals the athletes have won in the past 75 years need to be given back and their titles vacated.  Those darn handful or so of athletes that tested positive for banned substances clearly shows the USA has been giving every single one of their athletes PED's for decades.  DOWN TO THE USA!!  DOWN TO THE USA!!  Can't believe anyone lives in this terrible country!!

• Haha 1

• For Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): ─ Presence of carboxy-THC at a concentration above (>) the Decision Limit (DL) (1) of 180 ng/mL should be considered most likely to correspond to an In-Competition use of cannabis.

the way i read that is competing high...

9 minutes ago, BAC said:

Can someone explain to me again why pot is a prohibited substance?

U.S. Wrestling athlete Jordan Oliver accepts sanction for second Anti-Doping Rule Violation (teamusa.org)

Is there some literature somewhere that says its performance enhancing?  Judging from seeing my stoned buddies glued to their sofas, I'd have guessed the opposite.

the threshold has been set so high for pot that you will not pop unless you are actively using during the competition dates... they have done that specifically because pot can really help athletes during training... way better for your body than any pain medication you can buy... and it can legitimately help with your mind game... different looks while watching film... different feels while rolling... anything that can help open you up mentally could very easily be seen as performance enhancing...

that is one school of thought...

whatever...

oliver just had to not smoke during the 3-4 days he was at final X and he would have been fine...

• Fire 1

He knew the risks.   Whether pot should or shouldn't be illegal, is not the issue.   It is illegal to use.   Therefore, he was not too serious about being in competition or is addicted and can't stop.  Either way it is a problem.

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 3

18 hours ago, mspart said:

So did he lose his Bronze or not?   I didn't know Chamizo lived in NY.   That's interesting.  Quite different than what he experienced in Cuba I would say.

mspart

Yes, he lost his bronze. Soner Demirtas of Turkey now gets the bronze.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10748630-frank-chamizo-stripped-of-2022-world-bronze-medal-due-to-failed-drug-test

43 minutes ago, mspart said:

He knew the risks.   Whether pot should or shouldn't be illegal, is not the issue.   It is illegal to use.   Therefore, he was not too serious about being in competition or is addicted and can't stop.  Either way it is a problem.

mspart

Regardless of the underlying rules, they have to be seen to be enforced equally.