3 million dollar wire transfers

El Luchador

https://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-false-claim-hunter-195204651.html

This in an article trying to say this is a false claim and isn't what it is.  So the question is how is this a declaration of a payment every three months for some office space not at Joe Biden's home?  

Background screening request form

From the above article:

The claim: Hunter Biden paid Joe Biden $50,000 a month in rent for home with classified documents

A Jan. 16 Instagram post (direct link, archived link) from conservative commentator Carl Higbie shows a screenshot of his tweet about President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

"Hunter Biden paid his dad $50,000 a MONTH in rent for the home that housed classified documents," reads the tweet. "During the same time frame, @JoeBiden only claimed less than $20,000 in rent payments PER YEAR."

The post generated over 7,000 likes in less than a month. Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert shared a similar claim to Twitter on Jan. 15, where it accumulated over 67,000 likes.

Follow us on Facebook! Like our page to get updates throughout the day on our latest debunks

Our rating: False

The claim stems from a misinterpretation of a form Hunter Biden signed in 2018. The form actually shows quarterly payments he made for office space in the House of Sweden, a building in Washington, D.C., according to a spokesperson for Sweden's National Property Board. The payment was not rent paid to Joe Biden for the use of his Delaware home.

So the payment was for quarterly payments for office space in DC in the line that clearly says monthly rent,  And monthly rent was $49.9K.    I've read the article and it makes no sense based on the above signed form.  Maybe this is an extremely complicated form that I am not able to interpret, but it really doesn't appear to be that complicated.   For instance, the form says MONTHLY RENT and a number is written in there.   The entry "Monthly rent" is not crossed out and handwritten in with "QUARTERLY Rent".     Which makes you wonder what the fact checkers are looking at. 

Maybe someone on here can explain this.  

mspart

The image you posted is an application, not a lease.   It certainly doesn't show he paid a dime to Joe Biden. 

It is also pathetic that the general population has access to this level of detail in his life.  I imagine the unredacted version is available somewhere online.

Edited by Plasmodium
Nm
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

The image you posted is an application, not a lease.   It certainly doesn't show he paid a dime to Joe Biden. 

It is also pathetic that the general population has access to this level of detail in his life.  I imagine the unredacted version is available somewhere online.

But if the person was Trump's kid...WHOAAA!!!  The world would be ending as we know it....INVESTIGATE!!  LOCK HIM UP!!!  I can only imagine how many links Mikey would be posting and you would be gobbling them up.

My take is I don't give two shnits about it, but rather I sit back and watch the hypocrisy flow....well, don't actually sit back but rather call people out on it as I can't stand it. 

Better off just saying "Yes I am biased and only think and look at things one way and that way is if the people involved vote the same as me then they are right and everyone else is wrong."

14 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

But if the person was Trump's kid...WHOAAA!!!  The world would be ending as we know it....INVESTIGATE!!  LOCK HIM UP!!!  I can only imagine how many links Mikey would be posting and you would be gobbling them up.

My take is I don't give two shnits about it, but rather I sit back and watch the hypocrisy flow....well, don't actually sit back but rather call people out on it as I can't stand it. 

Better off just saying "Yes I am biased and only think and look at things one way and that way is if the people involved vote the same as me then they are right and everyone else is wrong."

Lol I haven't dragged Kushner's Saudi financing into this!

I love that you have deluded yourself into believing you are unbiased.  Meanwhile, you spew a biased and baseless narrative about everyone else.  Well, that is not accurate.  Ironically, just the one who don't fit your bias.  

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I love that you have deluded yourself into believing you are unbiased.  Meanwhile, you spew a biased and baseless narrative about everyone else.  Well, that is not accurate.  Ironically, just the one who don't fit your bias.  

Do you really think he comes up with his talking points on his own?

It's like Cliff's Notes for Tucker Carlson's show.

59 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Of course I am biased...we all are biased.  I just am truly open to listening to both sides and hearing what others think about stuff.  I just base most of my stuff off of logic/data/facts (not manufactured facts) and less on the emotion.  

5 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

No one ever said it was a lease.   It has always not been a lease.   Why try to change the topic here?

If he is living in Joe's house and monthly rent is 49.9K, who else was getting that money.   Oh yeah, it was for some other property not listed on this form and it was a quarterly rent.   Uh huh.

It came as a result of info on his laptop that wasn't his laptop but was a Russian disinformation program that turned out not to be Russian disinformation but was indeed from the laptop that now is conceded to be his.   I hope you could follow that.    

Please show, based on this form, how it is quarterly rent for some place in DC.  Is it logical to conclude this explanation based on this form? 

mspart