Session IV, Friday PM discussion

CraigOR

54 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I genuinely do wonder where Glory is at mentality now. I don’t care what anyone says about just wrestling the next match, I know all he’s been thinking about is getting to the finals and stopping Spencer from getting his 4th. Now he steps into wrestle Ramos, who did what Glory was planning to do. I’m almost positive Glory decks him, but there’s a small part of me that thinks there could be a little bit of a let down. 

Fwiw, Glory said during the post-match press conference that he really doesn't care if it's Lee or Ramos, he just wants to beat whoever is standing between him and a national title. He seems pretty pumped for tomorrow. Also mentioned the early AM weigh-ins with lots of time before finals lol 🍗🍔🍕🥪🌮

• Fire 2

7 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Fwiw, Glory said during the post-match press conference that he really doesn't care if it's Lee or Ramos, he just wants to beat whoever is standing between him and a national title. He seems pretty pumped for tomorrow. Also mentioned the early AM weigh-ins with lots of time before finals lol 🍗🍔🍕🥪🌮

To Weird Al: please steal this song parody idea - to the tune of Lady Gaga’s “The Edge of Glory”, but titled “The Fridge of Glory”.

you’re welcome. But better finish it up by tomorrow night for best impact!

• Haha 1

Wanted to recognize a few guys who sacked up and worked their way through the consolation bracket:

133: Jesse Mendez, Ohio State: Beat Zaccone (Camp), Ragusin (Mich), Byrd (Ill.) and Latona (VT) after dropping a second round match to McGee - who he'll see again tomorrow in the consi semifinal. Great run. Good true freshman season. 

141: Clay Carlson, SDSU: Beat Ervin (SIUE), Happel (UNI), Hart (Mizzou), and Filius (Purdue) after losing to Bartlett in round two - who he'll see again tomorrow. 

141: Dylan D'Emilio, Ohio State: Beat Cook (VT), Mattin (Mich), Matthews (Pitt) before falling to McNeil (UNC). Will see Filius (Purdue) for 7/8. Honestly, he was super close to knocking off Woods and has had a good tournament. 

149: Caleb Henson, Virginia Tech: Beat Lovett (CMU), Zapf (Penn), Thomas (NW), and Mauller (Mizzou). Will face Van Ness (PSU) tomorrow in the consi semi. Good rebound for the freshman after Rooks took him out. 

157: Ed Scott, NC State: Beat Pappas (GMU), Jacques (Mizzou), Cardenas (Stanford), and Andonian (VT) after dropping a bout to Lewan. Will get Humphreys (Lehigh) in the consi semi. 

197: Jacob Warner, Iowa: After falling to Elam, he knocked off Bockman (UVU), Trumble (NC State), Allred (Neb), and Cardenas (Cornell) to set up another bout with Elam.

197: Max Dean, PSU: Following his loss to Allred, he beat: Hoffman (Ohio State), Harvey (Oregon St.) and Smith (Maryland) before dropping a SV decision to Truax. He'll go for 7/8.

• Fire 5

7 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Wanted to recognize a few guys who sacked up and worked their way through the consolation bracket:

133: Jesse Mendez, Ohio State: Beat Zaccone (Camp), Ragusin (Mich), Byrd (Ill.) and Latona (VT) after dropping a second round match to McGee - who he'll see again tomorrow in the consi semifinal. Great run. Good true freshman season. 

141: Clay Carlson, SDSU: Beat Ervin (SIUE), Happel (UNI), Hart (Mizzou), and Filius (Purdue) after losing to Bartlett in round two - who he'll see again tomorrow. 

141: Dylan D'Emilio, Ohio State: Beat Cook (VT), Mattin (Mich), Matthews (Pitt) before falling to McNeil (UNC). Will see Filius (Purdue) for 7/8. Honestly, he was super close to knocking off Woods and has had a good tournament. 

149: Caleb Henson, Virginia Tech: Beat Lovett (CMU), Zapf (Penn), Thomas (NW), and Mauller (Mizzou). Will face Van Ness (PSU) tomorrow in the consi semi. Good rebound for the freshman after Rooks took him out. 

157: Ed Scott, NC State: Beat Pappas (GMU), Jacques (Mizzou), Cardenas (Stanford), and Andonian (VT) after dropping a bout to Lewan. Will get Humphreys (Lehigh) in the consi semi. 

197: Jacob Warner, Iowa: After falling to Elam, he knocked off Bockman (UVU), Trumble (NC State), Allred (Neb), and Cardenas (Cornell) to set up another bout with Elam.

197: Max Dean, PSU: Following his loss to Allred, he beat: Hoffman (Ohio State), Harvey (Oregon St.) and Smith (Maryland) before dropping a SV decision to Truax. He'll go for 7/8.

Road Warriors all. 

MEL GIBSON in THE MAD MAX II ROAD WARRIOR -1981-. Photograph by Album -  Pixels

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

He still has 2025 after taking an oly RS next year

I laugh, but I feel for the dude. His life is wrestling, but he's missing the yellow ones. He's a 26~ year old mat rat who's gonna be hustling clinic, asst coach, and RTC money for the foreseeabke future.

7 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Good call! Sounds like Glory is going to deck Ramos lol. 

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Having worked at USAFA, hard to disagree with the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally agree with you but this is not totally fair. 15 million or more learned how to carry and fire an M1 Garand and all the rifles that came after that. How many can fly for the Air Force and keep the much longer commitment requirements? No need to knock on any branch that serves. 

8 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Very high quality product. Was hoping @nhs67 would give us another crowd update before the end of the session.

I have one for you.

Before the Schultzy-Davison match there were some young gents wearing Michigan garb heckling the ASU corner a bit.  It wasn't too loud but was something like 'You have to wrestle to win wrestling matches Schultz!'

Apparently Zeke heard it because he turned straight to them and jabbed back at them after they had said it 3 or 4 times with something that sounded like 'We'll see after he's counting the lights' and pointed up at the ceiling.

I was on edge everytime they were in neutral because it looked like Schultzwas looking for the throw.

I really think Schultz controlled that entire match and Davison was lucky he didn't get called gor stalling a 2nd time.

Even it if seemed simple Zeke earned respect there by not getting too emotional while also defending his wrestler.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

Lots of very, very good wrestling tonight.

Did anyone have to give @nhs67 CPR?  He seemed pretty excited,  for good reason. 

Parris wanted none of that upper body smoke, though!

As an aside, I did pack my leopard spotted thong-kini for tonight.

Looking forward to it.l!

24 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

I normally agree with you but this is not totally fair. 15 million or more learned how to carry and fire an M1 Garand and all the rifles that came after that. How many can fly for the Air Force and keep the much longer commitment requirements? No need to knock on any branch that serves. 

Gonna have to lose a bunch of weight if he wants to be in the AF. If he's 6'4", max is 225.

48 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Gonna have to lose a bunch of weight if he wants to be in the AF. If he's 6'4", max is 225.

The only branch that won't waiver that, depending on body measurements, is the Coast Guard.

52 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

You can be in the Air Force at that size, but you may not be able to fly. They have lots of other things you can do. 

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Weird flex for a guy with a Wisconsin avatar, with their 0 semifinalists and two quarterfinalists.

Not a flex, just a truth.  Also, I know what UW is and is not.  I am a proud UW alum and native of Wisconsin.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.