I really enjoyed the Spencer Lee era

jchapman

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He’s still the GOAT

No, he's not the GOAT. It's past time for the Hawkeye fans to recognize that what Tom Brands said about Spencer Lee being the best wrestler of all time was MOTOVATIONAL. Spencer Lee is a fantastic wrestler, a beast, a hammer; everyone knows this, and nobody denies it. He is NOT the GOAT, not at the NCAA level and certainly not at the global level in men's freestyle. I hope he finishes the tournament and gets third in his usual dominating fashion. It will help him get over this loss. I hope his knees are strong enough to wrestle for the 57kg spot on the US team. I believe that if he's healthy, he has a good shot at it. Rest well, Spencer. Life is long, and in the scheme of things, this is a big bump that you will recover and bounce back from. 

• Fire 2

37 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

At NCAAs, you never wrestle in the same session following a top-side loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah, that's good... Mom wouldn't want to miss seeing Spencer in the consolation bracket. Good luck going for 3rd, Spencer! 

1 hour ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

No, he's not the GOAT. It's past time for the Hawkeye fans to recognize that what Tom Brands said about Spencer Lee being the best wrestler of all time was MOTOVATIONAL. Spencer Lee is a fantastic wrestler, a beast, a hammer; everyone knows this, and nobody denies it. He is NOT the GOAT, not at the NCAA level and certainly not at the global level in men's freestyle. I hope he finishes the tournament and gets third in his usual dominating fashion. It will help him get over this loss. I hope his knees are strong enough to wrestle for the 57kg spot on the US team. I believe that if he's healthy, he has a good shot at it. Rest well, Spencer. Life is long, and in the scheme of things, this is a big bump that you will recover and bounce back from. 

Relax. When Brands and the fanbase call Spencer the goat it is actually just a coping mechanism.

Lee had been wrestling with the dangerous type of arrogance and bully boy attitude that always makes me think a guy can be beaten when someone can find a way to stay in a match with them.. did I think it’d be Ramos.. no. I honestly thought he’d just fizzle out on the Senior Circuit. But I’m not surprised either 

When I suggested that he was a bully boy wrestler who’s cardio would be looked at much differently if he wasn’t a Hawkeye and other reasons.. I got screeched at. 

1 minute ago, Formally140 said:

Nah

Just now, headshuck said:

I don’t think so. If he gets a TD, against elite freestylers, he won’t have enough time to get his arm bars and tilts setup.

I’ll take these bets. I don’t know about tomorrow but I do know about April. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

i am an idiot on the internet

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

I’ll take these bets. I don’t know about tomorrow but I do know about April. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

I don’t do bets. And I just own it if I’m wrong. But his bully style wrestling is not a fit for the Senior Circuit 

Does this put Spencer behind Logan Stieber in the pantheon of college greats?  I think it has to since 4 > 3 even if Lee won is 3 in more dominant fashion.

Lee is behind Nolf, Nickal, etc.

Getting decked in a semi-final drops him way, way down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

I don’t do bets. And I just own it if I’m wrong. But his bully style wrestling is not a fit for the Senior Circuit 

How’s about a friendly wager. Obviously only so long as Lee shows up.

If Lee wins the US Open, you make your sig “I was wrong about Spencer Lee and I can’t wait to see him take out Gilman on June 10”

If Lee doesn’t win, what should I put for my sig?

i am an idiot on the internet