Lee wrestling today?

Not134

2 minutes ago, Perry said:

Did he not weigh in? Does he still get a medal even if he doesn't show up at weight to start the day? 

Still wondering the status of Iowa’s team points if he doesn’t make weight by not stepping on the scale.  Does medical FF nullify that issue?

Edited by MadMardigain
  • Fire 1

43 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I don’t know. How much you want to bet he has another torn ACL? In my experience, when you have kids that have multiple ACL repairs and continue to wrestle, it’s not if they will tear it again, but when. I highly doubt he is not wrestling just because of ego.

...and if he won last night?  Would he med ff today or wrestled?

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Pipewrench said:

...and if he won last night?  Would he med ff today or wrestled?

We all know that answer especially with it being for 4. Be nice to see him show this afternoon to get some applause from the crowd for his career accomplishments and see his team try to push to hold on the 2nd place.  

Edited by MadMardigain

10 minutes ago, Perry said:

Did he not weigh in? Does he still get a medal even if he doesn't show up at weight to start the day? 

What if a kid gets knocked out in the semi-finals, or breaks an arm---we've all seen horrific injuries throughout the years.  Do they expect those wrestler to get up out of their hospital bed and come to weigh-in?  

Now--with that all said, 5 minutes after the match last night I stated that was the last time we'd see Lee wrestle in college. No way he comes back the next day......not being prophetic, just that many of us have seen this in the past and just sort of knew...

Spencer doesn't owe anyone anything after all he's done for the sport and us fans, but he should have at least gone out and finished what he started, and do it for himself. Brands was right that he needed to move on from the loss and I agree that showing up today would've helped him to process and heal from it. MFF only gives power to the haters and allows the loss to fester in him.

1 hour ago, AgaveMaria said:

Re-watch the match. See if you can pick up on leg problems early in the match. Watching it as it happened it appeared to me he was having problems with both legs. Knee or whatever, he did not have the drive with then as usual.

No surprise he is too hurt to wrestle today.

Getting beat will do that to ya.

• Stalling 1

Just now, MadMardigain said:

Good joke but it’s Drake as is Ayala not Dake. The guy that got blow back for not bowing out to Lee in the finals of the Soldier Salute event. 

opps - my reading comprehension needs work.  And my glasses are perfectly ok.

48 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

We all know that answer especially with it being for 4. Be nice to see him show this afternoon to get some applause from the crowd for his career accomplishments and see his team try to push to hold on the 2nd place.  

I agree, but are you sure he would get applause? For some reason he got booed his HS senior year at states and that still bothers him. Fans can be brutal and it seems like a lot of people are upset about him MFF out

That used to be the rule, but not anymore.  In the past, not making weight at any point of the tourney resulted in all team points being voided.  I recall Joe LeBlanc from Wyoming getting a 'pass' on the rule when he missed weight on the final day in Philly (2011).  I believe the rule was formally changed after that season.
https://gowyo.com/news/2016/6/29/577408c3e4b0bdd131ac7726_131479675871300026.aspx
I think farther back than that. I think I was still working the event. My last year was 2006. I remember a discussion of telling the appropriate people prior to the morning weigh in. It did involve an Iowa kid.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

For some reason he got booed his HS senior year at states and that still bothers him

The boos were loud, but I hope Lee understands and remembers that most at states were cheering or at least not booing.  

I predict a huge ovation when he makes an appearance.

I don’t relish it. At all. I’ve actually defended his decision to wrestle at Iowa.. 

but I’m not shocked he lost. Kinda figured if he lost it would be exactly like that. I also figured he wouldn’t show up. Is what it is. 

He wrestled with a bit of an entitled attitude this season that made him even more vulnerable in my opinion. 

I hope I lose my sig bet with Bnt, but I was right about Lee so far