Trump's getting arrested on March 21

Mike Parrish

Apparently a source said that a source said that Trump is on tape with these things.   That is a very good line of evidence.   I don't doubt that he may have done some such thing, but wait to see if there really is such evidence. 

Remember, FISA applications were applied for with false information.  And the applications were accepted based on false information and American citizens were spied on, based on false information. 

mspart

22 minutes ago, mspart said:

Apparently a source said that a source said that Trump is on tape with these things.   That is a very good line of evidence.   I don't doubt that he may have done some such thing, but wait to see if there really is such evidence. 

Remember, FISA applications were applied for with false information.  And the applications were accepted based on false information and American citizens were spied on, based on false information. 

mspart

If this turns out to be true, it's a slam dunk Espionage Act conviction.

In front of a DC jury, looking crosseyed is a slam dunk if you’re Trump or a Trump supporter.  

on the other hand, the FBI will hide evidence of bribery if you’re a Biden. 

or help you destroy evidence if you’re a clinton. 

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

If this turns out to be true, it's a slam dunk Espionage Act conviction.

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

In front of a DC jury, looking crosseyed is a slam dunk if you’re Trump or a Trump supporter.  

on the other hand, the FBI will hide evidence of bribery if you’re a Biden. 

or help you destroy evidence if you’re a clinton. 

It would seem that both statements have truth with them.

mspart

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/theyre-trying-to-get-trump-article-iii-founder-mike-davis-blasts-the-latest-twist-in-the-trump-classified-document-witch-hunt/

“Presidents are allowed to take their records when they leave office,” said Davis.”

“It doesn’t matter what one’s understanding or misunderstanding of the law is,” said Davis. “It matters what the law is. And the law is very clear under the Presidential Records Act that presidents are allowed to take their presidential records when they leave office. And presidential records are any documents created or received by the president or his White House staff.”

“President Trump lawfully took his presidential records,” said Davis. “Biden stole Obama’s classified records and stole classified records when he was a senator. That is called espionage.”

Edited by Offthemat

Another opinion:  https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtontimes.com%2Fnews%2F2023%2Fjun%2F1%2Fdid-trump-declassify-documents-criminal-indictment%2F

The bottom line is that if Mr. Trump or his lawyers allege — even without his testifying — that he declassified the documents, a criminal charge of unauthorized possession of classified documents would be difficult to prove. That doesn’t mean that a prosecutor could not get a grand jury to indict this particular ham sandwich. It does mean that it’s unlikely that a conviction against Mr. Trump would be sustainable.

The government is certainly aware of these difficulties, so it may be seeking to indict Mr. Trump on some process crime, such as obstruction of justice. But it will be difficult to establish that Mr. Trump crossed the line from vigorously and lawfully defending his conduct to engaging in criminal obstruction.

No citizen is required to cooperate in a Department of Justice criminal investigation, as President Biden and others have commendably done. Nor can he actively obstruct such an investigation by unlawful means. The government will have a hard time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Trump willfully crossed this line.

Based on what we know, we believe that there is no legitimate basis for a criminal indictment of Mr. Trump based on the material that was found at Mar-a-Lago.”

• Alan Dershowitz

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/theyre-trying-to-get-trump-article-iii-founder-mike-davis-blasts-the-latest-twist-in-the-trump-classified-document-witch-hunt/

“Presidents are allowed to take their records when they leave office,” said Davis.”

“It doesn’t matter what one’s understanding or misunderstanding of the law is,” said Davis. “It matters what the law is. And the law is very clear under the Presidential Records Act that presidents are allowed to take their presidential records when they leave office. And presidential records are any documents created or received by the president or his White House staff.”

“President Trump lawfully took his presidential records,” said Davis. “Biden stole Obama’s classified records and stole classified records when he was a senator. That is called espionage.”

This person has never read the PRA.

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

Another opinion:  https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtontimes.com%2Fnews%2F2023%2Fjun%2F1%2Fdid-trump-declassify-documents-criminal-indictment%2F

The bottom line is that if Mr. Trump or his lawyers allege — even without his testifying — that he declassified the documents, a criminal charge of unauthorized possession of classified documents would be difficult to prove. That doesn’t mean that a prosecutor could not get a grand jury to indict this particular ham sandwich. It does mean that it’s unlikely that a conviction against Mr. Trump would be sustainable.

The government is certainly aware of these difficulties, so it may be seeking to indict Mr. Trump on some process crime, such as obstruction of justice. But it will be difficult to establish that Mr. Trump crossed the line from vigorously and lawfully defending his conduct to engaging in criminal obstruction.

No citizen is required to cooperate in a Department of Justice criminal investigation, as President Biden and others have commendably done. Nor can he actively obstruct such an investigation by unlawful means. The government will have a hard time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Trump willfully crossed this line.

Based on what we know, we believeDersho that there is no legitimate basis for a criminal indictment of Mr. Trump based on the material that was found at Mar-a-Lago.”

• Alan Dershowitz

Dershowitz is a media lawyer whore.  He sold his credibility long ago.

The only thing useful here is his admission of not knowing the evidence and acknowledging Biden and Pence cooperated.

8 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I'd give that an 'F' on grammar but he is screaming at the top of his lungs so consideration is warranted.

Appears he believes charges are pending.

Hide the ketchup.

Trump's attorneys seen entering the DoJ this morning for consultations with the special prosecutor's office.

"You guys have anything left to say before we proceed?"

41 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

You can almost smell the sweat flop.

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 09-44-38 Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump).png

the real problem is he is not wrong...

but...

but right and wrong is hardly what this is about...

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

One person's prosecution doesn't depend on any other person's.

was not my point and you are smart enough to know that...

this is not about right and wrong and it never is in this country's playground political wars...

• Fire 1

57 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I'd give that an 'F' on grammar but he is screaming at the top of his lungs so consideration is warranted.

Appears he believes charges are pending.

Malicious prosecutions are leading to distrust and democrats are hoping that unrest will elevate to reprisal.  They’re in for a surprise and an electoral disaster.  The actions of the politicos and those who support them are both insidious and obvious.  

3 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Malicious prosecutions are leading to distrust and democrats are hoping that unrest will elevate to reprisal.  They’re in for a surprise and an electoral disaster.  The actions of the politicos and those who support them are both insidious and obvious.  

MAGAt's, "All prosecutors who even glance at the Great Orange Goblin King are 'malicious'!"

His lawyers seem a bit nervous.

https://twitter.com/cstrohm/status/1665788587755859968

2 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

MAGAt's, "All prosecutors who even glance at the Great Orange Goblin King are 'malicious'!"

https://twitter.com/cstrohm/status/1665788587755859968

It seems the same construct is used against Dershowitz.   I don't know him or his work, but I believe he is held in high regard for his expertise in these kinds of matters.   I don't know that he has been wrong about anything.  Maybe he has, but I would think his luster would have diminished if he had been. 

mspart

58 minutes ago, mspart said:

It seems the same construct is used against Dershowitz.   I don't know him or his work, but I believe he is held in high regard for his expertise in these kinds of matters.   I don't know that he has been wrong about anything.  Maybe he has, but I would think his luster would have diminished if he had been. 

mspart

You believe wrong.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/7/30/20746983/alan-dershowitz-jeffrey-epstein-sarah-ransome-giuffre

Well, I have not read the entire article, but it appears I am wrong because he defended a guy like lawyers do.   You might as well say John Adams was wrong to defend the Massacre guy and got him acquitted even though he didn't want to take the case.   This doesn't say Dershowitz was wrong about anything unless I missed something.   Please show me if I missed something.    I take it you think he was wrong to defend someone.   That doesn't mean he has been wrong on his opinions on legal matters.  Apples and hamsters. 

mspart