Lee has left Tulsa?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Apparently he isn't even in the city anymore, much less the arena to support his teammates.  What gives?

Is he having emergency surgery?

As the undisputed leader of the Hawkeye team I think his teammates would have appreciated his moral support and presence as they fight out the medal rounds.  And what about his best friend and mentee, Real Woods, who has a tough final tonight?

Just find it odd that a leader of men would vanish unless there is a legit medical reason he had to leave Tulsa.

• Fire 3

It's too bad that he split. Remember that standing O Griffith got after his last match about a half hour ago? Spencer would have gotten 10 times that for his farewell, deservedly so. He may not realize it but that show of appreciation from the fans in Tulsa was probably something he needs.

• Fire 3

7 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

It's too bad that he split. Remember that standing O Griffith got after his last match about a half hour ago? Spencer would have gotten 10 times that for his farewell, deservedly so. He may not realize it but that show of appreciation from the fans in Tulsa was probably something he needs.

Wrestling is a cruel sport that gives and takes. If Spencer doesn’t show to the podium I’ll remember his college career as him being graceful when it gave to him and a sore loser when it took from him. I genuinely feel bad for him that what is probably an impulsive decision will leave a stain on his legacy. 

Edit: if Spencer is still at the BOK and takes the podium, disregard my post. His legacy as one of the best to ever step on the mat won’t change in any way to me. 

Edited by goheels1812
  • Fire 1

Doubtful he left. He will man up and show up at the medal presentation. He fought the good fight and lost. Hope he takes it like Gable and Karelin when they did not finish #1.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

7 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Wrestling is a cruel sport that gives and takes. If Spencer doesn’t show to the podium I’ll remember his college career as him being graceful when it gave to him and a sore loser when it took from him. I genuinely feel bad for him that what is probably an impulsive decision will leave a stain on his legacy. 

Edit: if Spencer is still at the BOK and takes the podium, disregard my post. His legacy as one of the best to ever step on the mat won’t change in any way to me. 

The only question is whether he truly could not wrestle today.  Methinks if he had won last night he wouldn't be MFF today...

10 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

and a sore loser when it took from him.

Not sure “sore loser” is the best label of the situation.  He didn’t throw a fit or act disrespectful in the defeat.   And I’m not sure just skipping out on the podium would be enough to consider it “sore loser” level, though it would be disappointing.  Though I feel he and his coaches will have him straight enough to appear for the podium moment.  He may be distraught and even mentally in a bad spot, but I don’t feels I’d make my core memory of him a “sore loser.”

Edited by MadMardigain

2 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Not sure “sore loser” is the best label of the situation.  He didn’t throw a fit or act disrespectful in the defeat.   And I’m not sure just skipping out on the podium would be enough to consider it “sore loser” level, though it would be disappointing.  He may be distraught and even mentally in a bad spot, but I don’t feels I’d make my core memory of him a “sore loser.”

I think Gadson says it better than I could have. Maybe not “sore loser,” but bigger than 6th place is a better descriptor.

23 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I think Gadson says it better than I could have. Maybe not “sore loser,” but bigger than 6th place is a better descriptor.

So, this was all 'outrage' about behavior that didn't even happen (see photographic evidence in a later post above).  This whole thread is full of krap.  

Edited by lightweight