Something the NCAA championships don't need tonight

SocraTease

23 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Apparently, a(n) (in)famous celebrity will be in the house tonight.   

Wrestling doesn't need this distraction. 

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/trump-to-attend-ncaa-wrestling-tournament-as-guest-of-mullin/article_30f9a914-c45a-11ed-8dc1-d36da706da16.html

Why would it matter? Presidents go to football games,baseball games and basketball games.

• Fire 3

Just now, Paul158 said:

Why would it matter? Presidents go to football games,baseball games and basketball games.

Well, I will try to keep this as non-controversial as I can and stick to facts:

1.  He is not the current President

2.  By any reasonable account, he is an extremely divisive and controversial figure.

3.  It can easily distract from the mat action.

4.  It can pose security risks.

5.  He is widely known for making things about himself.

6. By his own account (as well as journalistic reports), he is about to to be arrested (indicted) next Tuesday, and he has called publicly for protests. Do you want to see protests (or worse) break out in the arena when wrestlers (their families, friends, fans) have spent much of their entire life preparing for this evening and moment?

• Fire 10

4 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Thats really funny. I wonder who would possibly spread that kind of rumor.

It's being reported on a lot of the local (Tulsa) media. For example:

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/osu/bill-haisten-trump-the-ncaa-wrestling-curveball-no-one-expected/article_38265bea-c50b-11ed-9974-439214c83829.html

Edited by SocraTease

1 minute ago, SocraTease said:

2.  By any reasonable account, he is an extremely divisive and controversial figure.

6. By his own account (as well as journalistic reports), he is about to to be arrested (indicted) next Tuesday, and he has called publicly for protests. Do you want to see protests (or worse) break out in the arena when wrestlers (their families, friends, fans) have spent much of their entire life preparing for this evening and moment?

Not so excellent reply. You get  a C-.

9 minutes ago, peanut said:

Trump is reportedly calling for protests because he says he will be indicted on Tuesday. (I obviously don’t know if that’s true first hand.)

Mr. Trump made the declaration on his site, Truth Social, at 7:26 a.m. on Saturday in a post that ended with, “THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE AND FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!”

4 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

This is a really good, level headed post that should land for everyone regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum. 

• Fire 6

The interview will be hilarious

Mr President what do you think of this event?

"Huge Event. Lots of spandex.  Never seen more tight spandex.  A little gay but these gays are tough.  What do they call it?  Cauliflower ear?  It tastes terrible but you have to eat you vegetables.  What do I know. This is a lot of big strong guys.  I got here and said Wow that's a lot of big strong guys.  A lot of people are telling me this guy Kale Sanderson is the best.  I don't know.  Is that a vegetable.  What do I know.  Hulk Hogan.  I know the man.  Great guy.  Really great guy."

• Fire 6
  • Haha 15

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

5 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Mr. Trump made the declaration on his site, Truth Social, at 7:26 a.m. on Saturday in a post that ended with, “THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE AND FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!”

Remind me again: when was the last time he said something truthful?

• Fire 4

8 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Well--,

1- Many former Presidents attend events. What does the fact that he was "former" have to do with it? 

5-Are you kidding? Both former Presidents Bush and Obama STILL make everything about themselves. Many don't rise to that level without having a bit of an ego.  

Other than that, who cares whether he attends or not?  ESPN won't spend more than a couple minutes on it and then move on.  Probably won't even do an interview.  
Much to do about nothing, IMNSHO. 

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 1

10 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

I posted it hesitantly, but if it is perhaps going to happen, fans might want to know about it and be prepared, regardless of one's political or other views

You’ve already expressed your concerns quite well, thank you.  

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

get over your disease

presidents and FORMER presidents do this stuff all the time.

It would certainly be unprecedented for a former president to attend a sporting event on the same day he says he was about to be indicted and called for protests. 

• Fire 4

Just now, peanut said:

It would certainly be unprecedented for a former president to attend a sporting event on the same day he says he was about to be indicted and called for protests. 

Give it a rest . This is a wrestling forum.