Something the NCAA championships don't need tonight

SocraTease

12 minutes ago, One8alpha said:

Interesting perception.  I think most fans/participants/families of wrestling are hard working religious families with conservative values.  

If we are talking the HS state tournament in Oklahoma, sure, you'd be right.  But most attending NCAAs went to the colleges that are competing or some other college.  If you look at the voting patterns/demographics of college graduates, most are liberal and less religious than the population as a whole. 

In terms of hard working, the tickets aren't cheap, so I think you are correct about that.

• Fire 2

57 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Trump wrestled.   Biden will lie and say he wrestled but the only evidence of a Biden wrestling is Hunter and his crack dealer. 

Where did Trump wrestle? (Aside from JV in prep school and that time he was pinned by Stormy)

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, One8alpha said:

Interesting perception.  I think most fans/participants/families of wrestling are hard working religious families with conservative values.  

Eh, it’s actually a sharp contrast and two camps. There’s a good chunk of “liberals” in wrestling. They are “usually” pretty “conservative” about things like hard work and whatnot. I’ve found grandstanders like Timmy boy(Foley) to be the exception not the rule.

Ironically. You also have a lot of coaches who may lean conservative but will trigger both left and right because they will casually and matter of a factly, talk about everyday cases of racism that happen all the time. 

So you get this weird dichotomy of limousine liberals looking down or criticizing the coaches for holding kid’s accountable and other such “conservative” things. And, conservatives getting in a huff because the coach they know isn’t liberal.. matter of a factly talks about actual racist stuff their athletes go through or deal with. I know football coaches familiar with this dichotomy as well. 

TLDR.. it’s more complicated than you think 

• Fire 2

20 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

“[L]iberals” in wrestling ... are “usually” pretty “conservative” about things like hard work and whatnot.

[L]imousine liberals looking down or criticizing the coaches for holding kid’s accountable and other such “conservative” things.

Only conservatives believe in hard work and accountability?  I had no idea.

• Fire 1

He came in well before the parade of champions. Crowd was about 1/5 capacity when he came in 

He is sitting with Mayor of Tulsa off to the side on the end.  A very small crowd around him 

they only announced him once when acknowledging  the mayor. 

O’Connor ran over after his interview and got his picture taken. 
He has not taken away from the finals at all. No need to be triggered. 

• Fire 5

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐