Brooks post finals interview

BuckyBadger

8 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

While Iran may wrestle Jews from other countries their refusal to wrestle Israelis is rooted in their belief that there is no place for a Jewish controlled country on what they see as Muslim land. So what you say about Western media is not really accurate.

The idea that their refusal to compete against Israel is purely political is nonesense. To them Jews are dhimmis, and must be second class citizens on Muslim land. They don’t care one bit about the Palestinians. And I can point to a number of other examples in other parts of the world where Iran doesn’t follow the same policy as they do with Israel (Uighur Muslims in China, Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar). The only difference is that Israel is Jewish.

You are also very misinformed about Jews in Iran. Outside of Israel, Iran may have one of the largest Jewish population in the Middle East but that is only because all the Jews fled every other Middle Eastern country (including Iran). Probably more than 90% fled Iran since the Islamic revolution in 1979. The 10,000 or so that remain know exactly what to say to the press to keep from being harassed by those in power. I know many Iranian Jews who still have family there and it is widely known that the Iranian representative from the Jewish community has to make statements against Israel from time to time. The community there says and does what they have to to be left alone, but they are not living the good life you allude to.

They'll kill their own people...even famous athletes for speaking out against Iran. What the helll are they going to do to the Jews living there?

7 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

They'll kill their own people...even famous athletes for speaking out against Iran. What the helll are they going to do to the Jews living there?

Exactly. As long they stay in line, they are tolerated. Not such a great life if you ask me.

7 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Yo - don't need the lecture or the politics. In summary, Iran will wrestle Jews but not Israelis. Do I have it right?

Weird bc they literally forfeited to Finesilver at a tournament last year and he wrestles for Israel but definitely isn’t from there 

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Weird bc they literally forfeited to Finesilver at a tournament last year and he wrestles for Israel but definitely isn’t from there 

They don’t compete against annyonr representing Israel because they refuse to recognize it as a legitimate nation.  

• Fire 2

10 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

They don’t compete against annyonr representing Israel because they refuse to recognize it as a legitimate nation.  

That’s a mighty friendly way of saying it ..I few years ago the president of the Iranian wrestled federation said they don’t wrestle guys from Israel bc they are dogs and not human

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, dragit said:

I must be getting soft but I liked the interviews this year.  Vito was delightful.  Glory was pure joyousness.  Starocci was his candid self.  KOT was pure grace.  Nino couldn't be more unpretentious. 

And Alirez hates school, but he’s been putting in the work in the classroom every day 😂

• Fire 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, skandar said:

Is this a joke? You know what’s led to more wars than anything else in the history of humanity…?

Girard said mimetic desire. Rousseau said private property. Hobbes said Human Nature. von Mises said state interference in the market.

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

So disappointing...once again people getting their undies in a bunch about someone's faith.  Not to mention him saying something that non-islamic/anti-religious folks find offensive or disparaging in some way.  Ironic really.

Nobody cares that he is religious.  What people care about is his hateful attitude towards the faith of others.  The pomposity of believing that his is the only true religion is typical of true believers, and pretty much the antithesis of what his religion actually teaches.

• Fire 6

10 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

Here we go again. China will NEVER compete against any athlete representing "Taiwan". Taiwanese athletes compete internationally under the name "Chinese Taipei". Perhaps if Israeli athletes competed under the name "Palestine", Iran would be willing to compete with them!

You seem biased. What you said earlier about Iranian jews is fascinating though considering how the country got its name. I'll check it out.

32 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I'm kinda surprised NCAA Wrestling would clip this.   I mean we knew he was going to talk about God/Jesus anyway but Quint really teed him up.

I'm not surprised at all. Don't forget, this sports channel is among the media outlets who ENJOY creating dissention among our citizens. Of course they should have cut that out of the interview but they chose to leave it. Those media savvy enough know why it remained.

This will not be forgotten by those he insulted and has already been deposited into the "irreparable damage"  bucket by the international wrestling community. Still time to clean it up Mr Brooks. 

Edited by Rassling
spelling
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Rassling said:

I'm not surprised at all. Don't forget, this sports channel is among the media outlets who ENJOY creating dissention among our citizens. Of course they should have cut that out of the interview but they chose to leave it. Those media savvy enough know why it remained.

This will not be forgotten by those he insulted and has already been deposited into the "irreparable damage"  bucket by the international wrestling community. Still time to clean it up Mr Brooks. 

It was a live broadcast.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

It was a live broadcast.

Live broadcast with built-in delays, no?  My understanding of the media is live events still provide a few seconds delay to edit just in case something happens the public shouldn't see.  

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i get that brooks may have crossed the line a bit..

but i can't believe that no one is calling out the other wrestlers.

it isn't just PSU that is praising God in their post match interviews..

why no mention? 

did the other guys also disparage other people's beliefs?

• Fire 4

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i get that brooks may have crossed the line a bit..

but i can't believe that no one is calling out the other wrestlers.

it isn't just PSU that is praising God in their post match interviews..

why no mention? 

Because they didn't say what Brooks did. It's simple, really. 

12 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Ok...so out of EVERYONE...that's somehow ESPN's fault? Now NCAA Wrestling who posted the LIVE interview?

Was it also ESPN's fault a Wrestler dropped the F-bomb as well?

WHO "choose" to leave it in the interview? 
Also, if there is ALREADY a "deposit" into the "irreparable damage bucket," then how is there "still time to clean it up Mr. Brooks?"