Brooks post finals interview

BuckyBadger

Christians do believe Mohamed is a false prophet.  Muslims believe that it is false that Jesus is the son of god / god in the flesh.  Duh. 

Brooks expressed a tenet of his faith.  Should he have?  I suggest no. No need to denigrate another religion - particularly on the big stage like that.  

But what he said is shared across ALL non-Muslims.  That is why they are not Muslim. 

A Muslim can be annoyed at him. But to hate him or what him injured would be ridiculous.  They would hate or want to injure all non-Muslims.

• Fire 3

7 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i get that brooks may have crossed the line a bit..

but i can't believe that no one is calling out the other wrestlers.

it isn't just PSU that is praising God in their post match interviews..

why no mention? 

Because that's NOT the issue. I mean, it makes me roll my eyes, but praising God is what EVERY athlete does(Though Rocky Elam kinda blamed him...and I respect that...if you thank him everytime, why can't he shoulder some of the blame!).

Anyway, you really don't get the difference between "All Glory to God" and "All Glory to God and this Muhammad guy if bullshit!

You're pissing off 2 BILLION people worldwide! 

Do you REALLY not understand? Scouts honor(That's like...a promise to be honest, right)?

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

Ok...so out of EVERYONE...that's somehow ESPN's fault? Now NCAA Wrestling who posted the LIVE interview?

Was it also ESPN's fault a Wrestler dropped the F-bomb as well?

WHO "choose" to leave it in the interview? 
Also, if there is ALREADY a "deposit" into the "irreparable damage bucket," then how is there "still time to clean it up Mr. Brooks?"

Because human beings have a forgiving heart and I truly believe if Brooks puts out a post stating he realized the mistake he made and apologies to those he hurt - many if not most will most likely forgive him - that's how "there is still time to clean it up."

8 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Live broadcast with built-in delays, no?  My understanding of the media is live events still provide a few seconds delay to edit just in case something happens the public shouldn't see.  

Really? So you think they just choose to leave the F word in?

Is it possible that your understanding is not accurate? Also, where would you cut it off? IF there was a 7 second delay, where are YOU cutting that off? 

5 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

yeah yeah yeah...

every year we hear about how PSU is GOD GOD GOD

but this year... not just them 

Dude...that's NOT the issue.

It WAS just them saying Muhammed was a "false prophet."

I'm baffled how you don't get this. And not "them" either, it was ONE particular athlete. Has ANYONE mentioned any other PSU Wrestler? Nope. Just Aaron Brooks. 

Because that's NOT the issue. I mean, it makes me roll my eyes, but praising God is what EVERY athlete does(Though Rocky Elam kinda blamed him...and I respect that...if you thank him everytime, why can't he shoulder some of the blame!).

Anyway, you really don't get the difference between "All Glory to God" and "All Glory to God and this Muhammad guy if bullshit!

You're pissing off 2 BILLION people worldwide! 

Do you REALLY not understand? Scouts honor(That's like...a promise to be honest, right)?

i didn't see brooks interview. he and star were the only two i didn't watch.

but apprently praising God is pissing off more than 2 billion? b/c we deal with this every season. Im not a PSU fan, but give me a break, PSU has taken heat for this for years. Yet not one thread about the several that praised God before Brooks.

yes his comments are childish if he dissed someone else...

and scouts honor is actually a dig at russel scout

2 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Because human beings have a forgiving heart and I truly believe if Brooks puts out a post stating he realized the mistake he made and apologies to those he hurt - many if not most will most likely forgive him - that's how "there is still time to clean it up."

Ok...well, that's the antithesis of "Irreparable damage," that you said in your post, but ok, fair enough. Not sure who's gonna hear NOW. Only people actively looking for it, but he could assuage a percentage of them.

There's a WHOLE lot of fanatics in that faith who are NOT gonna and he's gonna be wrestling in the same country as many of them.

The people who are gonna ACTUALLY care about this(and there are obviously some...and the Amine family is not who I'd be worried about). They're not gonna care about an apology.

4 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I'm baffled how you don't get this. And not "them" either, it was ONE particular athlete. Has ANYONE mentioned any other PSU Wrestler? Nope. Just Aaron Brooks. 

dude ... i have no idea what he said

BUT YES, PSU has gotten heat for YEARS on the forum for their JESUS ADORATION etc

so dont go there.

i agree he was out of line if he said something like that.. again i didn't watch it . just pointing out that the hate for PSU must be strong...

b/c none of the other champs were called out for mentioning jesus 

Edited by Scouts Honor

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

i didn't see brooks interview. he and star were the only two i didn't watch.

but apprently praising God is pissing off more than 2 billion? b/c we deal with this every season. Im not a PSU fan, but give me a break, PSU has taken heat for this for years. Yet not one thread about the several that praised God before Brooks.

yes his comments are childish if he dissed someone else...

and scouts honor is actually a dig at russel scout

Ok, then with respect, shut up.

If you don't even know WHAT he said...and you're claiming that JUST by talking about God, he's insulted 2 billion, go listen? Or just be quiet.

LOL..."I didn't see it, but I'm still gonna argue and I don't understand why!"

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

To be fair Starocci was their "only" other champ, and he historically doesn't praise God for everything I believe.  He was a little more humble in this one than some others though, thanking his family and team mostly.

Yes, there have been other threads about wrestlers thanking God but I think by this point the horse has kinda been beaten...until Brooks added this extra touch.

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 2

Just now, scourge165 said:

Ok, then with respect, shut up.

If you don't even know WHAT he said...and you're claiming that JUST by talking about God, he's insulted 2 billion, go listen? Or just be quiet.

LOL..."I didn't see it, but I'm still gonna argue and I don't understand why!"

no

thats not what im saying

i just found it odd that no one commented on the other champs claiming God helped them, when for years, PSU has gotten castigated for it

so with respect...can it

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

no

thats not what im saying

i just found it odd that no one commented on the other champs claiming God helped them, when for years, PSU has gotten castigated for it

so with respect...can it

...because of what Brooks said specifically.  Watch the clip.   

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

To be fair Starocci was their "only" other champ, and he historically doesn't praise God for everything I believe.  He was a little more humble in this one than some others though, thanking his family and team mostly.

Yes, there have been other threads about it but I think by this point the horse has kinda been beaten...until Brooks added this extra touch.

i also saw an awesome tweet about max dean.

he maybe has grown. or maybe not. maybe he was a good person all along... and most people... like the people castigating brooks just see what they want to see.

2 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

dude ... i have no idea what he said

BUT YES, PSU has gotten heat for YEARS on the forum for their JESUS ADORATION etc

so dont go there.

i agree he was out of line.. just pointing out that the hate for PSU must be strong...

b/c none of the other champs were called out for mentioning jesus 

Yes, that's obvious.

PSU has gotten hate FOR YEARS on the forum? I don't care...at all.

I really don't even care that he said it. I'm indifferent. He's the one who MIGHT actually put a target on his back for it. It's all kinda silly to me. My God is better than Yours? 

Anyway...

Just now, Scouts Honor said:

he maybe has grown. or maybe not. maybe he was a good person all along... and most people... like the people castigating brooks just see what they want to see.

huh?

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

no

thats not what im saying

so with respect...can it

LMFAO...they've gotten "castigated" for it?

This persecution complex is HILARIOUS!

But then go find the thread where people are talking about THAT and not the thread that you're arguing while being clueless WHAT you're arguing about. Fair enough?

• Fire 2

Just now, scourge165 said:

LMFAO...they've gotten "castigated" for it?

This persecution complex is HILARIOUS!

But then go find the thread where people are talking about THAT and not the thread that you're arguing while being clueless WHAT you're arguing about. Fair enough?

im not a PSU fan

see, you are starting to figure it out... there was no thread about Jesus praising this year... b/c all the champs did it... or most...

4 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Are you drinking?

You're having an ENTIRELY different conversation than the rest of us and I have zero clue what you're talking about.

What Max Dean EVER viewed as a bad guy? If so, why? He did have a nice interview, you felt for him, he was emotional. Not sure what that has to do with this topic. The "People" who see what they want to must be you in this case as I never saw anything other than a great Wrestler who...by all accounts was a good guy.

With Brooks, if you still think we're just seeing what we want to see and that he said NOTHING controversial(despite still not having ACTUALLY WATCHED it)..fine. 

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

im not a PSU fan

see, you are starting to figure it out... there was no thread about Jesus praising this year... b/c all the champs did it... or most...

Oh...yeah. I guess that is a problem🤪

You're really like quadrupling down on trying to completely change the topic here, aren't you?

Are you drinking?

You're having an ENTIRELY different conversation than the rest of us and I have zero clue what you're talking about.

What Max Dean EVER viewed as a bad guy? If so, why? He did have a nice interview, you felt for him, he was emotional. Not sure what that has to do with this topic. The "People" who see what they want to must be you in this case as I never saw anything other than a great Wrestler who...by all accounts was a good guy.

With Brooks, if you still think we're just seeing what we want to see and that he said NOTHING controversial(despite still not having ACTUALLY WATCHED it)..fine. 

ok both of you listen up

numbers...189327489273489 mentioned that star was humble in his interview.

i should have said i also saw a star tweet about max dean.

very humble and praising max.

so maybe star has grown. or maybe he hasn't. maybe he was always a good person. but other people find something bad to chip away at them...

just like this whole brooks thread....

are you getting closer?