Brooks post finals interview

BuckyBadger

3 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Whether there is/was a Jesus, a Muhammad, whatever happened, I'm always astounded that people argue about what nonsense occured 2000, 3000 years ago and hold grudges based on heresay and documents that have been copied and translated umpteen times, believed as fact.  Makes the Bloods and the Crips seem like best buddies.

“One man doesn't believe in God at all, while the other believes in him so thoroughly that he prays as he murders men!”
― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Idiot

Well, I'm not sure what to say other than this is a reality that we have to deal all across the world every day.

1 minute ago, BuckyBadger said:

Quint should have followed up with “What about the Jews, Aaron? Where do they fit into all of this?”

He should have followed up with "What about Joseph Smith and the Mormons, Aaron?  Where do they fit into all of his?"

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

...which is far less direct than "no false prophets, no Muhammed no anyone else."

Actually since you are the expert, can you explain what his quote even means? 

“Christ resurrections everything.  Not just his life, but his death and resurrection.  You can only get that though him, the Holy Spirit only through him, no false prophets, no Muhammad, no anyone else, only Jesus Christ himself.”

First of all is “resurrections” even a verb?  He resurrections resurrection?  What does that even mean? He resurrections death?  That seems like an oxymoron. You can only be resurrected by Jesus?  Do people believe they will be resurrected instead of going to Heaven?

I really don't want to bog this thread down by getting into the finer points of theology (also I'm not an expert on Christianity, nor Islam though I know a lot). To keep it very general, he's addressing conflicting statements between the religions about Jesus made by the prophet of Islam in the authoritative sources of Islam.

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

He should have followed up with "What about Joseph Smith and the Mormons, Aaron?  Where do they fit into all of his?"

I have your answer.  According to a followup I had with @UmarLeeIII  "That's what I asked Aaron in Tulsa. Why single out Muslims? Why punch down? Where is this energy for Cael. He later yelled to me "Joseph Smith is a false prophet".

https://bloodyelbow.substack.com/p/editorial-2023-ncaa-wrestling-championships

3 hours ago, mykidsucks said:

He was wrong to say what he did, he will not understand this until he wrestles overseas.   Very stupid, never talk shit about another religion. 

You mean when he wrestles overseas against Muslims who are forbidden to wrestle against Jews bc …..they believe they are dogs and their religion is fake ..yea Aaron can definitely learn from those guys 

19 minutes ago, jammen said:

I have your answer.  According to a followup I had with @UmarLeeIII  "That's what I asked Aaron in Tulsa. Why single out Muslims? Why punch down? Where is this energy for Cael. He later yelled to me "Joseph Smith is a false prophet".

https://bloodyelbow.substack.com/p/editorial-2023-ncaa-wrestling-championships

I don’t see anything in that link that quotes Aaron Brooks talking about Joseph Smith.

Edited by BuckyBadger

This is an 8 page thread of people literally disparaging a religion for the sake of defending another religion but brooks is wrong and all you white knights are correct ? 

christians and Christianity are mocked , disparaged and disrespected everyday on tv , the media , social media and no one says a word , one person says Muhammad is a false prophet ( a core belief of Christianity)  and 100s of people ( ppl who are considered the infidel by the very religion they are blinding defending) are out here whining for days 

a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about and some of the ignorance in this thread is nauseating

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This is an 8 page thread of people literally disparaging a religion for the sake of defending another religion but brooks is wrong and all you white knights are correct ? 

christians and Christianity are mocked , disparaged and disrespected everyday on tv , the media , social media and no one says a word , one person says Muhammad is a false prophet ( a core belief of Christianity)  and 100s of people ( ppl who are considered the infidel by the very religion they are blinding defending) are out here whining for days 

a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about and some of the ignorance in this thread is nauseating

Wait, is Muhammad referenced directly in the Bible?  Did I miss something in my Catholic training?

• Fire 1

You mean when he wrestles overseas against Muslims who are forbidden to wrestle against Jews bc …..they believe they are dogs and their religion is fake ..yea Aaron can definitely learn from those guys 

They aren’t prohibited from wrestling Jews.

They are prohibited from wrestling people from Israel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Finesilver was born and raised in America his entire life and first year wrestling for Israel had an Iranian forfeit to him….

9 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Abounader quit representing Lebanon basically giving up his wrestling career bc of blatant racism towards Jews and now he can never go to the country out of danger 

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Nobody is disparaging Christianity here.  People are disparaging the fact that Brooks insulted two billion people on national TV and are aghast that people here are throwing all sorts of whataboutisms and false equivalencies and irrelevancies to avoid condemning what Brooks said.  Seems like all those folks agree with what he did.

• Fire 5

Let's imagine he said he owes it all to his mother instead of God.  Now imagine he says, because my mother is the best mother out there, including better than [insert your favorite wrestler]'s mother.  The second part would rightfully be deemed unnecessary even though he is expected to love his own mother the most.

I don't blame Aaron too much since he was running on adrenaline when he said that, but there has been sober minded support for what he said among those who should know better.  Though it doesn't surprise me.  Those people have a lot of growing up to do 

6 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Let's imagine he said he owes it all to his mother instead of God.  Now imagine he says, because my mother is the best mother out there, including better than [insert your favorite wrestler]'s mother.  The second part would rightfully be deemed unnecessary even though he is expected to love his own mother the most.

I don't blame Aaron too much since he was running on adrenaline when he said that, but there has been sober minded support for what he said among those who should know better.  Though it doesn't surprise me.  Those people have a lot of growing up to do 

But then in a follow up, what if he doubled down and said I stand by it, all other moms suck.

I don’t think your analogy works.

Just now, BuckyBadger said:

But then in a follow up, what if he doubled down and said I stand by it, all other moms suck.

I don’t think your analogy works.

I wasn't aware he said anything as a followup.  That removes adrenaline from the equation.  He should know better than to make that kind of statement. I'm not canceling him or anything and I don't hate him, but I just don't agree with what he said.  

• Fire 1

Just now, flyingcement said:

Who is feeding and who is eating (other than Glory)

i have been told repeatedly that b/c Im a conservative that i am a terrorist.

yet, brooks is in danger from a group that has been embraced by the correct ppl here (media) ...

and that group has beliefs and ACTIONS which go way beyond most conservative views