2023 Transfer Portal

Well everyone is telling athletes to jump ship to other programs if they don’t immediately achieve the goal they want that year.

Including the same people that talk bout the problems with Americas youth too lol

On a more serious note I think we’re going to see some talent spread out because guys want to start or coaches they click with better

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

With Mesenbrink entering the portal soon, is there any other people that are speculated to enter the portal? 

Also, in Griffiths post NCAA interview  he said he may or may not return to wrestling next year and if he does, it may be at Stanford or may be at somewhere else. 

Any more? 

If you force me to guess:

Mesenbrink to Penn State with the Mirasolas and Facundo enters the portal so he can remain a D1 starter

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Why would he have to transfer?  I thought this was his junior year.

I think it came up back in 2021 during the whole Dean escapade that he made the mistake of enrolling and it would cost him an Ivy year.

Ivies don't do Grad programs, do they?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I feel like the ivy league rules work against the athletes in that they need to stop going to school to suspend their eligibility clock.

Which is stoopid, right?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think it came up back in 2021 during the whole Dean escapade that he made the mistake of enrolling and it would cost him an Ivy year.

Ivies don't do Grad programs, do they?

Ivies have grad programs, but you can't participate in athletics as a grad student.

I'm about 99.9% sure Vito unenrolled and can still wrestle at Cornell next year or else this would have been talked about much more.  And he will have 7 years post high school graduation when he does.

5 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

The fact you think I’m being “woke” is.. something 

I didn't mean to suggest that at all. I was referring to Tim Johnson's lament about the future of America and how we can be saved if wrestlers became our thought, social, and political leaders. 

*** it seems like I misread your original comment. I thought you were talking about TJ's comments on the fate of America. 

Edited by jackwebster

3 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

I didn't mean to suggest that at all. I was referring to Tim Johnson's lament about the future of America and how we can be saved if wrestlers became our thought, social, and political leaders. 

*** it seems like I misread your original comment. I thought you were talking about TJ's comments on the fate of America. 

I was talking about how I’ve seen the same people criticizing young people for lack of mental toughness and all the other stuff. Advocate for those kids leaving their school if they don’t immediately get the success they want in a year

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

I was talking about how I’ve seen the same people criticizing young people for lack of mental toughness and all the other stuff. Advocate for those kids leaving their school if they don’t immediately get the success they want in a year

Gotcha. My bad.

On 3/18/2023 at 9:59 PM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

With Mesenbrink entering the portal soon, is there any other people that are speculated to enter the portal? 

Also, in Griffiths post NCAA interview  he said he may or may not return to wrestling next year and if he does, it may be at Stanford or may be at somewhere else. 

Any more? 

ASU has need at 65/74 next year. If they get a top transfer or two they are in the hunt.