2023 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Are there any high level wrestlers in the portal as of right now that haven’t found a home yet? 

Messenbrink has the chance to be where Levi Haines is in a years time. 

Within the past 12 months, he's teched Paniro Johnson, Henson, beat Gaitan(who beat Haines in the Super 32).

He's just relentless. Reminds me of Mcllravy a bit...waaaay to premature, I know....also a bit of a loose cannon in the best way from what I understand. The kid is fanatical about Wrestling, hates to lose a single go. Got to the point where he wasn't allowed to practice with the AWA guys because...he'd get a little frustrated and get a bit extra aggressive.

Maybe he's not where Haines is(though I genuinely believe he can be)...he's a pretty safe bet to be an AA early on in his career.

He's just the U20 Finals. He loses, but you can see it's all there, he just needs to maybe slow down AT TIMES...

Now...I didn't think recruiting Griffith for a year to knock Facundo out was a good move for PSU, but someone with 4 years? Let them battle it out....if he wants to go to PsU. I have absolutely no clue. Mizzou would actually be my guess, but I don't know what let to Cal Baptist or what led to such an early transfter. 

6 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Messenbrink has the chance to be where Levi Haines is in a years time. 

Maybe he's not where Haines is(though I genuinely believe he can be)...he's a pretty safe bet to be an AA early on in his career.

Considering he beat Haines 2 straight in the U20 team trials, I certainly think he's in that conversation right now.

• Fire 1

On 3/19/2023 at 11:13 AM, Plasmodium said:

I feel like the ivy league rules work against the athletes in that they need to stop going to school to suspend their eligibility clock.

Those who run the Ivy League value education over athletics. That's not a bad thing, IMO. The athletes know what they're signing up for. 

• Fire 1

On 3/19/2023 at 12:59 AM, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

With Mesenbrink entering the portal soon, is there any other people that are speculated to enter the portal? 

Also, in Griffiths post NCAA interview  he said he may or may not return to wrestling next year and if he does, it may be at Stanford or may be at somewhere else. 

Any more? 

At a school like Stanford, there is no guarantee he can get it the grad school he wants to and he appears to me to one of the smartest dudes wrestling.  Their MBA program is the most selective in the country and has very small classes. I know a few who have not accepted to that school and one of them got graduated with MBA with highest honors (or what the term was they used) at the Wharton School of Business at Penn. 

On 3/19/2023 at 11:28 AM, jackwebster said:

I didn't mean to suggest that at all. I was referring to Tim Johnson's lament about the future of America and how we can be saved if wrestlers became our thought, social, and political leaders. 

*** it seems like I misread your original comment. I thought you were talking about TJ's comments on the fate of America. 

TJ is just previewing this post season banquet circuit speech.  The money can be good.  

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

ASU was in the final 4 for Facundo. Fits in at 165 if does indeed transfer. They need a 197 too 

Fagen is a capable 97. The lighter/ middle weights are going to be scary good and have a lot of depth. Figs, Chlebove, Yas, Vasquez, Larkin, Ramos, Parco and Teemer coming back next year. Lots of talent. I would like to see a long term solution at 65, the last Penn State transfer at that weight didn't work out too well. But if Griffith is available as a grad student for a year why not? 

12 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

ASU has need at 65/74 next year. If they get a top transfer or two they are in the hunt. 

In the hunt for the title? A trophy?  It is time for the annual "Everyone is transferring to ASU" posts.  Weren't you ASU fans upset with Zeke 3 weeks ago? The Courtney decision seemed to work out.  

• Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Is he still speculated to go where Angelo lands? 

No clue... At this point he may have to rely on Angelo to get him in somewhere. I haven't been following the court cases, but I am sure someone has some updates. Evidently, 665 thinks he is going to be wrestling somewhere. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐