2023 Transfer Portal

48 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Woah, Bernie Truax is in the portal? I thought he was all in on Cal Poly. Anyone have insight on this? 

Crazy...this was written 3 days ago on GoPoly:

"He has a unique ability to perform at the highest level on the biggest stage," Sioredas added. "His overtime takedown against the returning national champion from Penn State (Max Dean) was a moment we will relish. I cannot wait to get back to work with him to continue to learn and grow."

Sioredas must have been surprised by this as well. Cal Poly is a very high level school. Will be interesting to see where he lands. An interesting tidbit is that he was also recruited by Pitt.... home of the 197 champ Nino Bonaccorsi.  

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Bernie to PSU was rumored a while back.

Would be interesting to see if he transfers there and goes back down to 184. I think he could jump a level or two with Carter and Brooks as partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a thread a few weeks ago someone mentioned him weighing in several pounds under weight...  he is not that big, so I  agree - I could see him going 184. 

48 minutes ago, Idaho said:

In a thread a few weeks ago someone mentioned him weighing in several pounds under weight...  he is not that big, so I  agree - I could see him going 184. 

He was closer to 184 than many of the 184s in Tulsa.  Someone from his team told me he was 'under 190 with his warmups on' one morning there.

Also, for example: At the collegiate duals he weighed something like 2.4lbs less on day 2 than day 1.  Like 189?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

56 minutes ago, Idaho said:

So I found this from the collegiate duals...

The 194.1 is from Day 1 and the 189.0 is from Day 2.  Odd.

Screenshots_2022-12-19-21-19-13.png.d618007095331ee242f654f70f2ce471.png

Screenshots_2023-03-23-22-36-17.png

Curious if it is a formality sort of thing?  Being as he is looking for a Graduate program to enroll in and he may know he is going back to Cal Poly, but must enter the portal out of formality?  Didn't we see a couple of those last season?  Wasn't Slavikouski one if them last season?

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I’m guessing a little dehydrated on day 2. That’s a pretty big swing. Closer to 184 than 197 day 2. 

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Slavikouski in the Portal again - this time it looks like its for real

Michigan?

I thought it was always “for real,” just that it wasn’t going to actually happen until after this season?

Edited by 1032004

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I thought it was always “for real,” just that it wasn’t going to actually happen until after this season?

This was discussed a month or so ago here and many people said “just a formality” … it never made sense to me. He’s been in the portal for awhile. 

11 hours ago, Idaho said:

Crazy...this was written 3 days ago on GoPoly:

"He has a unique ability to perform at the highest level on the biggest stage," Sioredas added. "His overtime takedown against the returning national champion from Penn State (Max Dean) was a moment we will relish. I cannot wait to get back to work with him to continue to learn and grow."

Sioredas must have been surprised by this as well. Cal Poly is a very high level school. Will be interesting to see where he lands. An interesting tidbit is that he was also recruited by Pitt.... home of the 197 champ Nino Bonaccorsi.  

Didn't Nino's dad coach Mr. Truax or something similar?

I hope Bernie decides to go HWT and finishes 4th next year to complete the Bizzaro Dake. 4th place, 4 years at 4 different weights. 

4th @ 174 in 2021, 4th @ 184 in 2022, 4th and 197 in 2023...4th @ HWT in 2024!!  

Edited by Dogbone
  • Fire 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

I hope Bernie decides to go HWT and finishes 4th next year to complete the Bizzaro Dake. 4th place, 4 years at 4 different weights. 

4th @ 174 in 2021, 4th @ 184 in 2022, 4th and 197 in 2023...4th @ HWT in 2024!!  

I have said this so many times but alas it won't be done.

His frame up top has room to grow, but he has little bean poles for legs.

Also, I think the greatest poetic justice would be for him to win it all after three fourth place finishes.

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Good pick up for a team needing a 1 year guy. 

He could compete for a MAC or SOCON title, for sure. The Rocky Jordan route 

I don't see him competing for many points, let alone AA honors, and many of the upper echelon schools likely see it the same way.

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What you are seeing is actually the weight sheet for one of the Truax triplets. You see there's Bernie who is that chubby one, Berine [listed above] who never cuts weight, and "Pickle" Brine who quit wrestling after high school to pursue a career in cucumber farming.

• Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

What you are seeing is actually the weight sheet for one of the Truax triplets. You see there's Bernie who is that chubby one, Berine [listed above] who never cuts weight, and "Pickle" Brine who quit wrestling after high school to pursue a career in cucumber farming.

Damn.  I thought so.

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He could compete for a MAC or SOCON title, for sure. The Rocky Jordan route 

I don't see him competing for many points, let alone AA honors, and many of the upper echelon schools likely see it the same way.

Yeah not upper echelon but Has a couple decent wins over Joles, Traub, etc and some close losses to AA like Schultz. A good pick up for a 1 year gap to a youngster IMO. 

• Fire 1

I would like to see Dom Lajoie land at one of the Michigan schools.  At the very least he provides a level of leadership that can't be matched by anyone that any of them will have in the room next season.

Also he was clearly hurt this year.

• Fire 1