2023 Transfer Portal

25 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

I think if Mosha transfers again he’ll lose his eligibility and I think he’d be all out of eligibility right ? 

24 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

You could be right - but that is a rule I'm not familiar with. 

I thought there was exceptions made for coaching changes?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

38 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

125: DeAuggie

133: Ragusin

141: Schwartz

149: Lamer

157: Lewan

165: Griffith

174: Amine

184: Rowley

197: Rogers

285: Davison

Rogers isn't filling out to 197 by the loojs of it.

He should be 184 for four years and he will do quite well.

I think if Woodley is done-done then we will see some amalgamation of Yatooma and Bullock with up to five duals of Walters in there somewhere.  If Walters performs up to snuff we might see him as a permanent fixture before the season ends.

165/174 in that scenario is a win-win for UofM.  Rowley gets spot starts at 174 as the team needs and takes over the role as full time starter for three years starting in 2024-25.

I think Walker might see some time in there somewhere but I hope it isn't 174.  He was too drained and it lead to injury for him.  I know Rogers is their option as starter going forward for 184 but I do think Walker could take it to him in the room.

This is mostly speculative, so take it with a grain of sand if you would.

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I thought there was exceptions made for coaching changes?

THere is a 30 day window for the portal if the coach is fired in-season, but I am not sure about out of season. 

If found this from 2018 about transferring... this was pre portal but I am guessing it's still valid. 

... the student-athlete’s head coach at the original institution resigned or was fired during or after the most recent season of competition, except that the student-athlete is not immediately eligible at another institution at which the head coach is employed;

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

22 minutes ago, Idaho said:

THere is a 30 day window for the portal if the coach is fired in-season, but I am not sure about out of season. 

If found this from 2018 about transferring... this was pre portal but I am guessing it's still valid. 

... the student-athlete’s head coach at the original institution resigned or was fired during or after the most recent season of competition, except that the student-athlete is not immediately eligible at another institution at which the head coach is employed;

So Schwartz and Buchanan to Michigan, then?  Both are in play?

1 minute ago, Offthemat said:

WS is showing Williams as the starter now but it could be Alvarez at 149 next year.  VV showed some promise, but I don’t think little brother was competing at OSU level.  Find out in November.  

Alvarez is 141.  Williams is not at VV level.  

Just now, Offthemat said:

Guaranteed?

Guaranteed like catching a Fly on sticky paper!

Alvarez was brought in because they needed a 141 for one year.  Young needed a RS but he also just had knee surgery. 

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Guaranteed like catching a Fly on sticky paper!

Alvarez was brought in because they needed a 141 for one year.  Young needed a RS but he also just had knee surgery. 

That works pretty good usually.  But haven’t I heard that Alvarez has had issues with making that weight?  And though Williams didn’t perform as well as VV at the Scuffle, he’s expected to do better with a little experience under his belt.  He was good in high school, but it seems to me it was at a little heavier weight. 

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

That works pretty good usually.  But haven’t I heard that Alvarez has had issues with making that weight?  And though Williams didn’t perform as well as VV at the Scuffle, he’s expected to do better with a little experience under his belt.  He was good in high school, but it seems to me it was at a little heavier weight. 

Look at where Alvarez has been wrestling, report is the weight was not the issue.   Who knows for sure, maybe Williams can get there but what I saw was a kid who doesn't yet have it.  VV on the other hand has all the tools just needs to keep improving.  

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Look at where Alvarez has been wrestling, report is the weight was not the issue.   Who knows for sure, maybe Williams can get there but what I saw was a kid who doesn't yet have it.  VV on the other hand has all the tools just needs to keep improving.  

I’ll hate it if VV leaves, but I don’t know what’s going on in the room.  As for Williams, it’s said that if he can funnel all, or most, of his attention on wrestling he’s real good.  But sometimes he gets off track.  

5 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I’ll hate it if VV leaves, but I don’t know what’s going on in the room.  As for Williams, it’s said that if he can funnel all, or most, of his attention on wrestling he’s real good.  But sometimes he gets off track.  

I'm beginning to think this sibling family thing of moving with the college wrestler is perhaps not a good thing.  We didn't move to the city where our kids went to college.  College is about growing up, independence and getting away from you parents and learning to succeed (or fail) on your own.  

• Fire 7

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

I'm beginning to think this sibling family thing of moving with the college wrestler is perhaps not a good thing.  We didn't move to the city where our kids went to college.  College is about growing up, independence and getting away from you parents and learning to succeed (or fail) on your own.  

I agree with that, wholeheartedly.  

• Fire 2

8 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Marcos Polanco from Minnesota to Purdue! 🚂 honestly hope they snag some more transfers! Great program that’s great at developing!

I'm all about the mid-low tier teams getting better. Good for Purdue. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Word is RU is expecting a transfer not named Griffith or Cannon to come through very shortly. Not sure who is out there and makes sense at a weight of need (middleweights)...maybe Alejandro Herrera-Rondon?

Edited by Mike

44 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Is it a forsure thing that they were getting another transfer outside of Cannon and Griffith? 

It was posted on premium board that a transfer outside of Cannon and Griffith was going to be made public in the next few days