2023 Transfer Portal

27 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Adam Busiello to Northern Colorado! I honestly thought he was done with wrestling; but he probably was in a lower division of wrestling. 

Excited to see what he does at UNC! I wonder where he may fit with Baylor Fernandez and Vinny Zerban occupying 157/165. I guess he’s projected at 149? 

This turdbiscuit shouldn't be allowed to wrestle at all anymore - period.

Actually I want him to wrestle only PD3 and Tommy Gantt for the rest of his life.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Here is to hoping Mitch Moore selects Michigan...

🏆 <-- filled with Captain Morgan Black

FYI, he has been approved for another year via medical waiver...

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Adam Busiello to Northern Colorado! I honestly thought he was done with wrestling; but he probably was in a lower division of wrestling. 

Excited to see what he does at UNC! I wonder where he may fit with Baylor Fernandez and Vinny Zerban occupying 157/165. I guess he’s projected at 149? 

This is awesome news and also continues the New York state to Northern Colorado pipeline 

1 hour ago, H82Lose said:

So sad what that Oklahoma class could have been. 

Agree... what they had and what was coming in would have been a competitive team. Bummer... starting over. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

36 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Agree... what they had and what was coming in would have been a competitive team. Bummer... starting over. 

It is going to be really hard to recover, I am sure they will....BUT Leonard did not do the university any favors.  They should have just kept Lou at this point, but hey, what do I know. 

35 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

It sounds like OU and NDSU will both be worse off as a result of the changes, at least in the near term.

I’m the near term yes. I think once they get a year under their belt with their own recruits it will improve. It will certainly take awhile, but both coaches I think will do a good job 

46 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Reading Joey Cruz to Iowa. Will he sit behind Ayala? 

I would say there are many tiers separating them.  Ayala is a contender.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I also think trajectory of Ayala is to move up to 133 eventually.  That's how there was expected to be room for Jesuroga before his change of heart.  I view Cruz as a nice plan B, although not the pedigree of Jesuroga 

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I also think trajectory of Ayala is to move up to 133 eventually.  That's how there was expected to be room for Jesuroga before his change of heart.  I view Cruz as a nice plan B, although not the pedigree of Jesuroga 

Ah yeah, fair points.

I don't think Cruz is that caliber.

They still need Jesuroga.

18 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

With Ayala having 3 years left it doesn’t make a lot of sense for Cruz unless Ayala moves up as you mentioned. 

34 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This whole Ayala is a contender thing confuses me , I know the weight is more open than others but this guys best D 1 win last year was 5-2 over Ethan Berginc and he got rocked by spencer , the year before he lost to McKee 4x (who didn’t AA last year )  , Barnett (didn’t AA last year)   , Camacho , Gutierrez, Heisleman (3 guys who never AAed )..a 1 point with over D’Augustino is his best career W..

so where does all this contender talk come from 

14 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This whole Ayala is a contender thing confuses me , I know the weight is more open than others but this guys best D 1 win last year was 5-2 over Ethan Berginc and he got rocked by spencer , the year before he lost to McKee 4x (who didn’t AA last year )  , Barnett (didn’t AA last year)   , Camacho , Gutierrez, Heisleman (3 guys who never AAed )..a 1 point with over D’Augustino is his best career W..

so where does all this contender talk come from 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a finalist this year for 125.  

Last year, he had only one loss and it was to his legendary teammate Spencer Lee.

The year prior, he was thrust into the starting lineup as a true freshman unexpectedly after Lee went down mid-season.  His only losses were to guys who have been all-americans (McKee and Barnett) or guys who came pretty close (Camacho, Heinselman).  Gutierriez is the only questionable loss and he was no slouch himself (and keep in mind, when they wrestled, Ayala was a true freshman in his first NCAAs where Gutierrez was in his sixth year of eligibility and a three time national qualifier.  

More than anything, the reason why I think he has a good chance is that his ability to pull off unlikely moves late in matches is something that sets him apart.  He has a higher ceiling (and lower floor) than guys who have a similar level of expected return.  

Edited by flyingcement

40 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a finalist this year for 125.  

Last year, he had only one loss and it was to his legendary teammate Spencer Lee.

The year prior, he was thrust into the starting lineup as a true freshman unexpectedly after Lee went down mid-season.  His only losses were to guys who have been all-americans (McKee and Barnett) or guys who came pretty close (Camacho, Heinselman).  Gutierriez is the only questionable loss and he was no slouch himself (and keep in mind, when they wrestled, Ayala was a true freshman in his first NCAAs where Gutierrez was in his sixth year of eligibility and a three time national qualifier.  

To add to this, Ayala had a shoulder injury mid-year that played a big role in the results.  When fully healthy, he can go with anyone at the weight.

• Fire 1