2023 Transfer Portal

Joke aside... Caliendo to OU?  Who sits out?  Nachohouse or Picklo?
Does Picklo go up?  Nachohouse or Caliendo up to 174?

Hearing he’s a gopher. Heard that about two other guys recently though and it didn’t come to fruition. Maybe I need my hearing checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ionel said:

?  🤔

I was rage typing. Surely one could forgive as brave a fearless keyboard warrior as I, given my anonymous valor (currently at Bob’s Buds level and only getting stronger)

i am an idiot on the internet

3 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I was rage typing. Surely one could forgive as brave a fearless keyboard warrior as I, given my anonymous valor (currently at Bob’s Buds level and only getting stronger)

You should register for SCATR:

The State Courts Against Typing Rage (SCATR) course was developed to educate younger typers charged with serious keyboard violations.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I’m sure everyone has something pass through their mind when they see your screen name. For me it’s Batman Twig. 

• Haha 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

McHenry to penn state. Interesting. Is this Howard insurance or replacement? 

Good question.

If 118 still existed with current weigh-in rules, he’d kill people.

I want to see McHenry looking as wide as a house. No wrestling, just weights for a couple months. Put on some beef. At this point he has nothing to lose.

24 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Howard - too injury prone

Steen - too small

Nasdeo and Davis are only true freshman - not sure what to expect from them

McHenry gives them someone they can count on to be competitive on most nights

Howard is gonna place top 4 this season, remember this post come march …and not really injury prone he kept putting off the shoulder surgery, it was really the same issue , same unhealed shoulder for 3 straight years (that’s now surgically repaired) 

21 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Howard is gonna place top 4 this season, remember this post come march …and not really injury prone he kept putting off the shoulder surgery, it was really the same issue , same unhealed shoulder for 3 straight years (that’s now surgically repaired) 

So McHenry chose PSU to ride the bench the rest of his career. 

48 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Good question.

I want to see McHenry looking as wide as a house. No wrestling, just weights for a couple months. Put on some beef. At this point he has nothing to lose.

He’s had several years to do that at Michigan. 

165 has seen a lot of prominent portal activity:

1) Shane Griffith from Stanford to Michigan

2) Mikey Caliendo from NDSU to...(Minnesota?)

3) Mitchell Mesenbrink from California Baptist to Penn State

4) Izzak Olejnik from Northern Illinois to Oklahoma State

5) Cael Carlson from Minnesota to...(NDSU?)

6) Jake Marsh from Princeton to Morgan State 

7) Chance McLane from Oklahoma State to Arizona State 

17 hours ago, nhs67 said:

This isn't really a fair statement.  He has the frame to still physically grow in to 125.  He wrestled 113lbs most of his HS season, only going 120lbs a few times for tougher matches.

He isn't Michigan's McHenry.  McHenry hasn't grown since 8th grade and has only been putting on ~2-3lbs a year.  It just isn't happening.

Cruz should be fine with another year growing in to the weight then he will be the starter for three (3) seasons after Ayala moves up.  I don't see him really being a contender yet, but he has more potential than last year would show.  Size was a huge factor there.

I have no idea what he was walking around at last year.  Maturity, learning how to lift etc is always a game changer for incoming freshman. 

spacer.pngHaven’t seen this posted yet. College career hasn’t lived up to expectations from HS but we see that quite often.

With Byrd at 133, not sure of the fit…? Maybe Byrd at 133, Madrigal at 141 (for all I know he got big during that RS year), and Pucino bumps to 149? 

My guess is that like many others, he wanted out of OU after everything going on, and school back home was appealing… but I also can’t see him wanting to go somewhere just to be a backup either.

A short aside as an Illini fan and IL native:

I could (and did) write a lot about ways IL can improve or roadblocks in the way. If you want to hear that, PM me. But I will say this:

Nabbing any big names, to me, says that the kids believe in the future of the program - even if it’s a senior like Madrigal. The influence he has, from college and from his high school career, is not forgotten in Illinois. Plus, the Illini have some great recruits in the pipeline, like Webster, and others just under that, like  Baysingar. Swaw has a lot of potential. But they’ve gotta find a way to be more active in the transfer portal for sure. 

Edited by Nightcrawler
Condensing Thoughts
  • Fire 2

12 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

spacer.pngHaven’t seen this posted yet. College career hasn’t lived up to expectations from HS but we see that quite often.

With Byrd at 133, not sure of the fit…? Maybe Byrd at 133, Madrigal at 141 (for all I know he got big during that RS year), and Pucino bumps to 149? 

My guess is that like many others, he wanted out of OU after everything going on, and school back home was appealing… but I also can’t see him wanting to go somewhere just to be a backup either.

A short aside as an Illini fan and IL native:

I could (and did) write a lot about ways IL can improve or roadblocks in the way. If you want to hear that, PM me. But I will say this:

Nabbing any big names, to me, says that the kids believe in the future of the program - even if it’s a senior like Madrigal. The influence he has, from college and from his high school career, is not forgotten in Illinois. Plus, the Illini have some great recruits in the pipeline, like Webster, and others just under that, like  Baysingar. Swaw has a lot of potential. But they’ve gotta find a way to be more active in the transfer portal for sure. 

There has beek quite a bit of smoke for Byrd going 141 next season.

• Fire 1

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

16 hours ago, Le duke said:

Good question.

I think he's been doing that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUFofU3rhsu/