2023 Transfer Portal

7 hours ago, flyingcement said:

weird it seems like Dom LaJoie is now headed to Stanford after initial reports indicated that he would spend his last year of eligibility as a Chippewa.  His younger brother is at Stanford as well

Provo to redshirt is most likely. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, Idaho said:

Provo to redshirt is most likely. 

I like it.  I want him to succeed and even if he isn't going (home) to a Michigan school, he is going back home to the coach that recruited him for his final season.  I'll sign off and approve that one 10/10 times.

So how about him getting in a Grad Program in Stanford?  Kid has some serious brains, eh?  He going for a Doctorate?

Untitled.png.b445674eab5d894a7e3dbfb5e0743772.png

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I like it.  I want him to succeed and even if he isn't going (home) to a Michigan school, he is going back home to the coach that recruited him for his final season.  I'll sign off and approve that one 10/10 times.

So how about him getting in a Grad Program in Stanford?  Kid has some serious brains, eh?  He going for a Doctorate?

Great move... Cornell to Stanford...can't beat that. A reunion of sorts... wonder who might be next year to make that same move. 

Pac 12 125 should be a decent group this year... Kaylor, Figs, Lajoie, 

54 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Great move... Cornell to Stanford...can't beat that. A reunion of sorts... wonder who might be next year to make that same move. 

Pac 12 125 should be a decent group this year... Kaylor, Figs, Lajoie, 

I think those three are all different tiers, even if it is a good set of gents to have.  Figs is a contender, Kaylor should contend for AA honors, and Lajoie should qualify and win up to two or three matches, depending on the draw (he could also not win any).

Rather I think if we are 'tiering' the P12 at 125 it looks something like this, but please don't hang on these as the typical 'tier' law I put out doesn't apply...

T1 - Figs
T2 - Kaylor
T3 - Lajoie, Lorenzo, Reno, Flores

It should be a dandy.  Seeing that makes me think Lajoie is just as likely to not qualify as he is to qualify.  If P12 gets 3 allocations at 125, like 2022-2023, then he has a ~25% chance to qualify and will need to beat two guys to qualify.  😬

25 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Jon Fagen in the portal for ASU

8 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Interesting... I thought he would be the guy next year at 197. He's a little late getting into the portal. 

Anything to do wth Cael Valencia being 86 KG for U23s?  Montalvo and him swapping weights or are they both going up?

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Anything to do wth Cael Valencia being 86 KG for U23s?  Montalvo and him swapping weights or are they both going up?

Yeah Valencia up at 86kg makes me think he is not going to see 174 again. My guess is that both are moving up and Fagen is the odd man out. The ASU guys on here might have a better take.

• Fire 2

10 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yeah Valencia up at 86kg makes me think he is not going to see 174 again. My guess is that both are moving up and Fagen is the odd man out. The ASU guys on here might have a better take.

All I know is we will see. 

2 hours ago, Tripnsweep said:

All I know is we will see. 

Every year I look at ASU and I’m like “those guys can’t ever figure it out and they’re overrated af.” And every year they bring home another team trophy shutting me up.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

58 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Every year I look at ASU and I’m like “those guys can’t ever figure it out and they’re overrated af.” And every year they bring home another team trophy shutting me up.

Using just wrestlestat's history, and not including 2020, they have brought home two (2) team trophies for fourth place both times.  Two of nine is 22% - a far cry from 'every year' methinks.

Too many holes in the lineup, but a lot of points when they get to the NCAA.  

Not sure I believe in their recruiting strategy to have multiple AA candidates at the same weight, but enormous holes other places in the lineup. ASU is a team that would really benefit from the portal, but so far it's been pretty average for them. They don't seem to be plugging holes yet. 

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Every year I look at ASU and I’m like “those guys can’t ever figure it out and they’re overrated af.” And every year they bring home another team ribbon shutting me up.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

They give a trophy for seventh?

ftfh

peaked-top-award-ribbons-gss7Xg.jpg

• Fire 1