2023 Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He is smaller than DeAuggie and both were at 125 when they started their careers.

Let him go 125 and bring home (to Michigan) some high placing hardware.

I don’t know about that. He looked like a full sized 133 this year. He bulked up. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

I don’t know about that. He looked like a full sized 133 this year. He bulked up. 

Ragusin, who is not known for size or strength, manhandled him and dwarfed him.

I don't think he bulked up.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

let me know if I'm missing anyone.  here is a list of prominent and semi-relevant portal guys by weight

125: Dom Lajoie 

133: Chris Cannon

141: Sammy Alvarez (Stillwater-bound) / Jordan Decatur

149: Tommy Curran

157: Jacob Butler

165: Mitchell Mesenbrink / Izzak Olejnik

174: Darrien Roberts / Joey Milano / Scott Joll

184: Bernie Truax / Roman Rogotzke / Ethan Ducca

197: Stephen Buchanan (Norman-bound) / 

285: Yaraslau Slavikouski / Boone McDermott / Seth Nevills

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

let me know if I'm missing anyone.  here is a list of prominent and semi-relevant portal guys by weight

125: Dom Lajoie 

133: Chris Cannon

141: Sammy Alvarez (Stillwater-bound) / Jordan Decatur

149: Tommy Curran

157: Jacob Butler

165: Mitchell Mesenbrink / Izzak Olejnik

174: Darrien Roberts / Joey Milano / Scott Joll

184: Bernie Truax / Roman Rogotzke / Ethan Ducca

197: Stephen Buchanan (Norman-bound) / 

285: Yaraslau Slavikouski / Boone McDermott / Seth Nevills

Hunter Mayes 165 from rider had a rough freshman year but is a 2x NJ state champ with a very forward attacking style .3 years left with good potential 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

I just watched a couple of his matches from this year. It's hard to tell from just a handful, but it kinda looked like he was going through the motions out there. 

Vs Stanford, he hits that incredible drag to a double and finishes, but the first period he's just kinda hanging.

He certainly looked like he could turn it up a could have notches and make a big jump, but that may be a bit colored from how I remember him in HS. 

You are 100% correct. Very often Valencia looked like he didn’t want to be out there. There is a lot there to work with if he ever decides to look 100% dedicated. 
Still think the best option for ASU at 133 is Yas. 

• Fire 1

46 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I don't know who this guy is that is tweeting.  But there are two likes on this tweet: Mark Branch and McDade Ford.

Guy would have three years left, yeah?

If this was a deferred year he could also still redshirt too.

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, scourge165 said:

ASU makes sense as they're losing their best Wrestler...a 133(Arguably). 

McGee was a stud. Just SUCH a loaded weight class this year. 

It'd be fun to see ASU put it all together. They just seem to have some bad luck or something(though I do realize they had back to back team trophies prior to this year). But with Teemer coming back, Schultz, Parco, Teemer could make for 4 potential contenders. Vazquez and Figeruora could both be AAs.

I have no clue what to expect from Valencia, but he could certainly take a big jump this year. They're not going to challenge PSU or anything....

If Cannon ended up transferring to any of those 3 PAC 12 schools at the very least his winter months would not be as harsh and he definitely would have more sunshine.  Plus the babes at sunshine rich Western schools tend to be just that - BABES.

As to Valencia, so far, he can hot or cold.  Sometimes he looks great.  Other times .........not so much.   Someone needs to coach him UP.  And with his older brothers no longer on the team it appears he's not getting that at ASU.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Bernie says he wants to go 184 (which we all kinda knew).

He also has a visit line up to a school (not named Penn St.) in two weeks

So that leaves Iowa, ASU and Michigan as the only possible destinations .... (insert sarcasm here for a few of you)

• Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

So that leaves Iowa, ASU and Michigan as the only possible destinations .... (insert sarcasm here for a few of you)

Wait a second... you usually say something snarky about heading to OSUW, so insert them, too?

Jokes aside we saw a lot of 'free' transfers the last few years.  A lot of those allowances are gone, aren't they?  Like now if you want to transfer B1G to B1G the coaches can block it - forcing a one year sit (I think this goes in to effect as of now, not previously like with douchebag Bono)?  Also, a second transfer means sitting a year too?  How is the P12 for transfers within the same conference?

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Wait a second... you usually say something snarky about heading to OSUW, so insert them, too?

Do you have an example in this thread about me saying anything, let alone snarky,  about a transfer to OSUW?  

I guess, even after "inserting sarcasm here" you still need an explanation that every prominent transfer is connected to one of a couple of schools as many posters start inserting them into their lineup. 

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

forcing a one year sit (I think this goes in to effect as of now, not previously like with douchebag Bono)?  Also, a second transfer means sitting a year too?  How is the P12 for transfers within the same conference?

See Trey Munoz for an example of how it was enforced last year for a semester. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

53 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

A former top 5 recruit that never panned out. I remember him debuting at 133 and had a win over Arizona St. (I may have been Courtney?) After that, he just struggled to maintain a spot in the lineup. Wishing him the best of luck. 

I remember him teching Vito in freestyle. Match should still be up on Flo.

1 hour ago, RandolphTJones said:

A former top 5 recruit that never panned out. I remember him debuting at 133 and had a win over Arizona St. (I may have been Courtney?) After that, he just struggled to maintain a spot in the lineup. Wishing him the best of luck. 

He beat Josh Kramer in 2020

• Fire 2