2023 Transfer Portal

If that’s true about Aaron Nagao, I would be extremely shocked. He seemed all in on his teammates. His post NCAA interview he was getting extremely emotional speaking about how he felt for his teammates that didn’t medal. 

Whoever gets him will get a big time wrestler. 133 is up for grabs after this next season. 

I also think he has an Olympic redshirt to use next year too.

6 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Maybe because Matt Storniolo is planning on leaving or hoping to take the job at OU? 

From what I've read its not a sure thing, and I doubt all these guys follow him to Norman if the case.

Also read around town people really like Frayer to lead the charge- And that would actually be my preference as well if I were a Sooner fan. 

Edited by RandolphTJones

9 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Yeah and? 

They have (had) a solid team last year with many guys returning. Why not try to run it back. This was never the norm for Northwestern wrestlers in the past, especially all top 3 guys leaving at once. 

There is no "norm" for the amount of eligibility that guys are getting now because of the covid year. 

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Yeah and? 

They have (had) a solid team last year with many guys returning. Why not try to run it back. This was never the norm for Northwestern wrestlers in the past, especially all top 3 guys leaving at once. 

Spot on. Deakin, Yahya and others had completed their undergrad but stayed on.

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Minnow called Slav to Michigan lol

I have no insider info, but it actually still could have been true. Slav was rumored well  before Davison hit the portal. When Davison hit they may have went a different direction- and if given the chance, most teams would. There are a lot of conversations going on with a lot of Plan A - Plan B - Plan C scenarios. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

34 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Minnow called Slav to Michigan lol

To be fair Slav mentioned one school and only ome school that he was interested in when he actually entered the portal last year: Michigan.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

30 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I have no insider info, but it actually still could have been true. Slav was rumored well  before Davison hit the portal. When Davison hit they may have went a different direction- and if given the chance, most teams would. There are a lot of conversations going on with a lot of Plan A - Plan B - Plan C scenarios. 

Agreed, but still pretty funny.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

If Nagao is really in the portal, I expect McKee to go 133 and the very capable Troy Spratley at 125.

I’d expect either that happens or we get another Matt Ramos situation where Spratley transfers then potentially outscores Pat at Nationals. 

I can’t believe Eggum isn’t on the hot seat. 15th place…Couldn’t convince Gable to come back, couldnt keep his top recruit committed(Chittum), couldnt keep his best wrestler(Nagao), couldnt keep Ramos(outplaced every Gopher), rumors of Blockhus not coming back, being outscored by SDSU/Hahn right across the border…

• Fire 1