2023 Transfer Portal

12 hours ago, Idaho said:

I have no insider info, but it actually still could have been true. Slav was rumored well  before Davison hit the portal. When Davison hit they may have went a different direction- and if given the chance, most teams would. There are a lot of conversations going on with a lot of Plan A - Plan B - Plan C scenarios. 

Could Davison go back to 197?

Edited by 1032004

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Could Davison go back to 197?

I'm not sure - He looks decent sized but I haven't seen any weigh ins on him. That would be an interesting lineup with Davison - Slav .... They have Rogers ready to go next year but I see him as more of a 184 than 197.  Someone more in teh know with NW and Michigan should weigh in on that idea. That would be interesting. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

I'm not sure - He looks decent sized but I haven't seen any weigh ins on him. That would be an interesting lineup with Davison - Slav .... They have Rogers ready to go next year but I see him as more of a 184 than 197.  Someone more in teh know with NW and Michigan should weigh in on that idea. That would be interesting. 

Rogers was clearly undersized against Surber in the dual. Unless he does a lot of growing in the next several months, he's 184.

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

I am pretty sure Davison was up to 240+

17 hours ago, wrestler said:

Northwestern needs to restock the kitchen with young blood ! Deakin worked out well! 

17 hours ago, flyingcement said:

If Nagao is really in the portal, I expect McKee to go 133 and the very capable Troy Spratley at 125.

17 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Funny his brother transferred from Michigan to Northwestern and then he goes and does the opposite 

I think many of us saw this coming with NIL etc. that the rich would get richer and the demise of smaller programs/conferences and clearly the B10 likely to benefit most.  But who expected the rich (b10) would eat their own?  Recent data suggests a new market price for top unproven talent, we had info last year+ on the price of proven "sure thing" talent.  It appears to put together a team with ten top notch wrestlers it'll take a war chest able to generate $1M in payments per year.  Of course that's current winning bids, next year - who knows.  How many programs, areas etc. can generate that kind of annual NIL wrestler value?  

• Fire 2

17 hours ago, SunDevil said:

If Teemer goes to 165 and everyone moves up, it makes sense. 

ASU would still need someone for 197 lbs and for 285 lbs as well IF Schultz takes the Olympic RS.   I could see them going to the transfer portal for someone for 133, 165, 197 & 285.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

ASU would still need someone for 197 lbs and for 285 lbs as well IF Schultz takes the Olympic RS.   I could see them going to the transfer portal for someone for 133, 165, 197 & 285.

I think Yas is going 133 next year. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Idaho said:

Zero chance. He spent two years becoming a full-sized hwt. And good-bye Mike D'aug, as predicted.

Edited by Major Kong

11 minutes ago, Warm Up Champ said:

geographically

8 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

That seems like enough to me...

... well at least we know its better than Ohio, I mean we just had a guy move from CBUS to Norman so ...

Just now, ionel said:

... well at least we know its better than Ohio, I mean we just had a guy move from CBUS to Norman so ...

and we just had a guy leave OK for CBUS. I've been to OK met a corn shucking girl there. She wasn't a beauty, but had strong hands.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Stanford to Oklahoma....  I don't know man.

Academically and geographically.  I can't say that I would see many doing that, if any at all.

Agree…. I’m wondering if Buchanan stays at UOor if he becomes a free agent. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 hours ago, charmon55 said:

With rumors of Koll going to Oklahoma, do you think any Stanford wrestlers follow him there? 

Stanford needs to be saved again, otherwise why does he leave$$$$ my thoughts thinking it would be a pay cut?

Edited by Silver