The Republican Primary is going to be insane.

VakAttack

As for the Primary being insane, we have Trump, Ramaswami (sp), and Haley so far.    Doesn't sound like a huge barn burner to me.    What I do think will happen is Trump will overshoot and folks will just be sick of him.   I have to say I liked what he did from a policy point of view while in office, but I do not like the man.   I wish he would just go away.

mspart

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, mspart said:

As for the Primary being insane, we have Trump, Ramaswami (sp), and Haley so far.    Doesn't sound like a huge barn burner to me.    What I do think will happen is Trump will overshoot and folks will just be sick of him.   I have to say I liked what he did from a policy point of view while in office, but I do not like the man.   I wish he would just go away.

mspart

It seems pretty clear Desantis is going to run, both from his actions and the political scuttlebutt down here in FL.  We shall see.  That's the only real matchup, none of the other people can feasibly challenge Trump.

I would agree.   Except Trump can easily knock himself out of contention even without DeSantis.  All he has to do is go off script with one of his crazy things he says and I think it will remind everyone how much he can derail himself. 

mspart

38 minutes ago, mspart said:

I would agree.   Except Trump can easily knock himself out of contention even without DeSantis.  All he has to do is go off script with one of his crazy things he says and I think it will remind everyone how much he can derail himself

mspart

Uh.......

I would agree.   Except Trump can easily knock himself out of contention even without DeSantis.  All he has to do is go off script with one of his crazy things he says and I think it will remind everyone how much he can derail himself. 
mspart

Well, that and being in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

14 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Uh.......

I am not one that believes Trump has this locked up.   He is one or two gaffes away from losing it all.   If he calls nicky haley horseface, that would probably be too much.   I think Trump will shoot himself in the foot and I don't think it will happen late in the game.   I think in all reality, this is DeSantis' nomination to lose.   He is as combative as Trump without being a jerk about it. 

mspart

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

I am not one that believes Trump has this locked up.   He is one or two gaffes away from losing it all.   If he calls nicky haley horseface, that would probably be too much.   I think Trump will shoot himself in the foot and I don't think it will happen late in the game.   I think in all reality, this is DeSantis' nomination to lose.   He is as combative as Trump without being a jerk about it. 

mspart

Why would Trump saying wold shit suddenly be disqualifying?

11 hours ago, Le duke said:

Are you suggesting that the laws of NY State should no longer apply to people of high status?

Sent from my iPhone 

This is the perfect example of show me the man and I'll find the crime. He was investigating with out a criminal complaint. If this isn't a shinning example of  prosecutorial misconduct then your not paying attention. 

Edited by El Luchador

12 hours ago, Le duke said:

Are you suggesting that the laws of NY State should no longer apply to people of high status?

...if there was a SNY, that he broke.  There isn't. 

BTW, SNY does not have any law that protects the NYC DA from being sued.  If arrested and after it plays out, watch for Trump to come flying right back at the NYC DA with a malicious prosecution civil suit for mega bucks.

1 hour ago, RYou said:

BTW, SNY does not have any law that protects the NYC DA from being sued.  If arrested and after it plays out, watch for Trump to come flying right back at the NYC DA with a malicious prosecution civil suit for mega bucks.

If the judge hasn't immediately throw it out as frivolous, that would fail.  More importantly, a civil suit would compel him to provide evidence.  Ain't happening.

3 hours ago, El Luchador said:

This is the perfect example of show me the man and I'll find the crime. He was investigating with out a criminal complaint. If this isn't a shinning example of  prosecutorial misconduct then your not paying attention. 

It is not prosecutorial misconduct, lol, least not based on what we know right now.  That's an extremely high bar. 

• Fire 2

17 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I can't help but think he would start a new political party if he lost the Republican nomination.

He may do that.   That would not be a strange thought.   He could run as independent or as Trump Party or something else.   I can see him doing this.   Which would split the conservative vote and hand the election to the Ds. 

mspart

18 hours ago, Le duke said:

As I have said elsewhere, the Stormy Daniels thing has been investigated by the FEC and no charges were ever leveled.   The DA is essentially trying to make something happen where there was nothing to see according to FEC.  You break laws, you should be held liable.   No one is above the law.  

However this DA is straining at a gnat and will not prevail.  This is politically motivated in my opinion.  

mspart

17 minutes ago, mspart said:

He may do that.   That would not be a strange thought.   He could run as independent or as Trump Party or something else.   I can see him doing this.   Which would split the conservative vote and hand the election to the Ds. 

mspart

It would break the GOP for at least a decade.

From the local level to the national level, everyone would have to pick sides.

Ross Perot did it and that did not break the Rs.   They just came back the next time.   Trump is polarizing for sure, even among the Rs.   I don't think it would have too long of a lasting effect.   Just Trump's success (or non-success) in picking winners in 2022 should give a lot of his supporters pause. 

mspart

1 minute ago, mspart said:

Ross Perot did it and that did not break the Rs.   They just came back the next time.   Trump is polarizing for sure, even among the Rs.   I don't think it would have too long of a lasting effect.   Just Trump's success (or non-success) in picking winners in 2022 should give a lot of his supporters pause. 

mspart

Ross Perot didn't have control of the GOP fundraising and hadn't placed his loyalists into the RNC and state organizations from top to bottom.

The two situations don't seem particularly comparable.