Where will AJ and Anthony Ferrari end up?

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I've just decided I'm going to pretend he doesn't exist, lol.

Just picture this for a minute will you Vak.

It's March 2024, Saturday night of the NCAA D1 Wrestling Championships.

The team scores are neck and neck between Iowa and Penn State, stakes are high, pressure is high, excitement is high. 

It all comes down to 197 lbs, Aaron Brooks going for his 4th NCAA Title, vs AJ Ferrari, Iowa. 

Ferrari Defeats Brooks, perhaps (hopefully?) even in a controversial manner. Ferrari flexes on Cael, chairs are thrown. The entire Iowa crowd wearing the Iowa NWO shirts are flexing. It's a grand time. Life is good. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Jamie_Taco said:

This sounds very similar to the Gable Steveson situation after his RS freshman year. Let's see how it plays out before comparing someone to Brock Turner.

Couple things. 1st) the Gable and AJ situations are different. Gable was arrested, but never charged. AJ has been charged with felony sexual battery. 2nd) If (and I want to really emphasize the if here) AJ (or any athlete with similar charges) is convicted of a sexual assault crime against a female then it’s very fair to compare him to Brock Turner when it comes to having a second chance.  

I want to emphasize AJ is innocent until he’s proven guilty in a court of law. But it’s going to be natural to compare his cases to other collegiate sexual misconduct cases. 

6 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Couple things. 1st) the Gable and AJ situations are different. Gable was arrested, but never charged. AJ has been charged with felony sexual battery. 2nd) If (and I want to really emphasize the if here) AJ (or any athlete with similar charges) is convicted of a sexual assault crime against a female then it’s very fair to compare him to Brock Turner when it comes to having a second chance.  

I want to emphasize AJ is innocent until he’s proven guilty in a court of law. But it’s going to be natural to compare his cases to other collegiate sexual misconduct cases. 

To add. From the little I know about law. The DA/Prosecutors won't move forward with a case unless they're fairly certain the case is winnable.  Is this correct @VakAttack

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

16 minutes ago, ionel said:

AJ is on his 4th or 5th chance.  Is Iowa a 6th chance place?  

Either way you have to admit it this certainly adds excitement going into 2024.  Brooks vs. Ferrari champ finals would be just as exciting for me as the RBY vs Aruja match.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

If I were an Iowa fan I would immediately delete every utterance of "Andrew Long" on any Iowa forum, blog, website, commemorative t-shirt, etc.

Just accept that you've lost the moral high ground and will take anyone, no matter how many pending criminal charges, if it will get you closer to a NCAA team championship.

Embrace it.

To be fair, this was their only chance to win. There is actually a window to win a title now. 

5 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

When younger it was common practice for local judges to give young types involved in criminal activity a choice: Prosecution and jail/prison or enlist in the Military.

Many chose the military. Many were helped even as some completely screwed up their lifeline.

Give these guys a chance. If they can't make it at least someone tried to help. Maybe..., just maybe it will work.

The middle brother and getting into a fight is one thing. Sexual assault?

Whole other thing. 

And I know it's asinine, ignorant and I'm putting absolutely no weight behind this, but he does strike me as the type of guy who'd just assume a girl wanted him and push and not be a big fan of the word no.

But that's a very biased take, lets allow the courts to figure it out.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Jamie_Taco said:

This sounds very similar to the Gable Steveson situation after his RS freshman year. Let's see how it plays out before comparing someone to Brock Turner.

From what I've heard, this sounds more like the Jordan Holm situation.

7 hours ago, Jamie_Taco said:

Gable was never charged.....AJ is not competing next year and likely never will again at the NCAA level. 

7 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

AJ posted a video of himself taking a gun out the trunk of his car and then aimlessly shooting it into the night.  He also almost killed multiple people by driving recklessly.  He should have been kicked off of the team the second that video was posted, and definitely after the car accident.  Even if he is acquitted due to the reasonable doubt standard, any D1 coach that allows him onto a college campus is being foolish.  And I am making that statement merely off of the judge finding enough evidence to send this case to trial and the fact that there is a video of him shooting guns blindly into the night. 

And yes, PSU was wrong to allow Andrew Long onto their team.  It is by far the worst decision Cael has made as a coach, and in retrospect I hope there isn't a single fan who thinks that NCAA title was worth the damage done to the PSU community.  Some things are more important than wrestling. 

Everyone deserves a second chance, but that second chance does not need to be at the NCAA level. Andrew Long's second (or third) chances should never have put students (and their families) at risk, and if AJ is ever given a second chance, it needs to be through something like MMA. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Fire 2

8 hours ago, Rassling said:

Seems like Iowa is a place where wrestlers go to get a second chance. Nothing wrong with that.

The only problem with a second chance is that it is a second chance for another college student to be assaulted. It would be hard to justify a "nothing wrong with that" explanation to her parents from the University of Iowa administration.

• Fire 2

52 minutes ago, 82bordeaux said:

The only problem with a second chance is that it is a second chance for another college student to be assaulted. It would be hard to justify a "nothing wrong with that" explanation to her parents from the University of Iowa administration.

As been posted many times, its not a second chance.

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

I thought the consensus  rumor about the middle brother involves a gun(s)

Plus if you've watched on mat behavior of the youngest its not much different than the other two.  There was an apple tree ... 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Plus if you've watched on mat behavior of the youngest its not much different than the other two.  There was an apple tree ... 

I don't think it's fair to compare some flexing on the mat with the behavior that the others have been accused of. After all, it was not AJ's on mat persona that got him in trouble...

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Gus said:

I don't think it's fair to compare some flexing on the mat with the behavior that the others have been accused of. After all, it was not AJ's on mat persona that got him in trouble...

Are the 3 brothers close?  I assume yes.  I assume they will hang out and live together if they end up at the same college.  I assume they will go out together and get into trouble together...

Doubt it's 2 of them out at the bar and the 3rd one studying in the library.

• Fire 1