Where will AJ and Anthony Ferrari end up?

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It all depends.  She may be changing her story, or not actually remember a lot if there was alcohol involved (I have not read any of the specific factual allegations in this case, or if I did, I don't remember them).  So what if she's telling the prosecutor [SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC LANGUAGE] "well we were drinking, and I sort of blacked out, but I do remember him being on top of me...I don't remember feeling him inside me, but when I woke up the next day I was definitely sore like after I have sex..."

That scenario it seems VERY LIKELY that, if true, there was sexual contact, but will a jury believe it beyond a reasonable doubt?  That's the question a prosecutor is asking.  Criminal cases are fluid, and you very often will have alleged victims who are gung ho at the state, but then change their mind as you get into the actual trying of the case.

It also doesn't have to be as big a change in charge as that, even.  I will often negotiate my clients pleading to lesser felony charges and getting probation.

That sounds like the kind of thing that landed Jordan Holm in prison for 6 years.

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It could be that, but it cold be multiple other things.

Oh that's easy.  Probation on a misdemeanor battery.  I make that request all the time.

It could be as simple as requesting a trial date while school is not in session because the alleged victim lives out of state. Lawyers have to think through all the angles.

It could be that the Ferraris want a quick resolution. Lawyers cost a lot of money, and Ferarri wants to wrestle. Or, it could be the defense wants to pressure the State into a deal. The State (everywhere I've practiced) is swamped with cases.

Any number of reasons.

As for the second issue, does AJ Ferrari have a prior criminal record? If not, my prediction is that this will be bargained down to a misdemeanor. The sticking point is likely registration as a sexual offender and the probation terms re: Living out of state.

In other words, what the Offspring sang is really true:

Take him out (you gotta keep 'em separated)
Hey, they don't pay no mind
If you're under 18 you won't be doing any time
Hey, come out and play

The general rule is that you get one bite at the apple unless somebody dies. Please note that I'm not defending the Ferraris because ... vomit. Just speaking from experience.

2 hours ago, ionel said:

How so?  Am assuming you mean being found guilty of sexual assault?

Holm refused a plea offer that would have had him not do any jail time or very minimal, a few months, because he didn't want to plead guilty to something he didn't do. 

1 minute ago, Tripnsweep said:

Holm refused a plea offer that would have had him not do any jail time or very minimal, a few months, because he didn't want to plead guilty to something he didn't do. 

Well we don't know that AJ didn't do it and he doesn't have a plea deal, so at this point not the same.

Why is Anthony able to verbally commit while in the middle of a court case but AJ isn't? Is it just the severity of accusations? I know AJ can't commit yet and I get it, but is there more optimism in Anthony's case than AJ's in terms of punishment? Just looking for more information on that conundrum 

14 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Why is Anthony able to verbally commit while in the middle of a court case but AJ isn't? Is it just the severity of accusations? I know AJ can't commit yet and I get it, but is there more optimism in Anthony's case than AJ's in terms of punishment? Just looking for more information on that conundrum 

Deferred sentence  (Apr 11) which pretty much means probation at this point.

AJ trial date set for Sept. 

• Fire 1

27 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

No real knowledge, but it seems like Anthony was at the end of his process, while AJ still has quite a ways to go.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, AOCStallsLikeAMug said:

In regards to that rokfin article, they basically said they've backed off on recruiting AJ. They seem to believe he's going to Penn State. 

We all know that Wkn knows nothing about wrestling but still think we should check with him on this.  Are you really saying (or maybe you saying the stoneflip is say'n) Carl has lost his marbles and going to go after the Focus and Truax?  Now I'm all for throwing a grenade into the Penn St program, think its the only way to slow them down, but they don't call Carl the professor because he's stupid.  But as said, I will defer to Wkn's nowisdom on this.  

50 minutes ago, ionel said:

We all know that Wkn knows nothing about wrestling but still think we should check with him on this.  Are you really saying (or maybe you saying the stoneflip is say'n) Carl has lost his marbles and going to go after the Focus and Truax?  Now I'm all for throwing a grenade into the Penn St program, think its the only way to slow them down, but they don't call Carl the professor because he's stupid.  But as said, I will defer to Wkn's nowisdom on this.  

Troller's gonna troll.

Could this have been a play on words, i.e. - Penn State = State Penitentiary and not PSU?

2 minutes ago, Yellow_Medal said:

Could this have been a play on words, i.e. - Penn State = State Penitentiary and not PSU?

Possibly, its been done before, don't have access to rokfin so ... maybe they said Pen State?  Ever since that Stevenson kid was hyped in high school folks have been trying to slip an extra n innto their posts.  😉

• Fire 1