Where will AJ and Anthony Ferrari end up?

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Is there any reason to believe Brands wouldn’t give him the Downey treatment?

When you say Ferrari(s) contributing to OSU’s down year, are you mostly referring to AJ not being in the lineup?  I guess you could include Mastro(s) (which could have involved other Ferraris), but would they really have added many points?

Fair question but the calculus changes when the athletes in question can contribute for multiple years rather than the one year stopgap that Downey was going to be. Imagine a scenario where all three are in the lineup and one of them Fs up to the point where dismissal is warranted. What is Brands going to do when 40+ points could walk out the door? Not as simple as the Downey situation.

As far as OSU is concerned, the 20 points Albert Jr. would have given them this year would be the difference between a down year and the catastrophic embarrassment that we witnessed in Tulsa. I doubt John W. would be openly talking about his dismissal if they were top 10. I agree that fully committed Mastros were not moving the needle but by recruiting the Ferraris, they failed to go after others that may contribute substantially in the future. It will take several years to recover from the Ferrari debacle at OSU. What does next year look like for them, especially if Fix moves on/Olympic red-shirts? Not pretty.

They will chose a California School. This gives great options if AJ & the one brother don't shape up - they can become team captain at Folsom or San Quentin.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

On 3/31/2023 at 11:29 AM, jackwebster said:

Hold on. You can't judge anyone without having the courage to face them? 

I mean...I probably wouldn't call OJ a murderer if it were just the two of us(I'd hate for some random man to come along and stab me and get all that blood all over OJ)...but I will do it here.

• Fire 1

Angelo has a visit scheduled for Wisconsin this weekend according to rumors on the Iowa board.

This wouldn't shock me as he might as well take multiple visits...

I suspect we'll see Angelo wrestling at some program in the future, but still have to go through another year or two of AJ putting out posts speculating about some big announcement...with no big announcement(regarding wrestling, though we may find out what state institution he'll be spending ~5-10 years at).

I don't know why, but I'm still rooting for Angelo. I don't know any of them, but it seems like he's already being written off and so far as I can tell, he flexed and did a little shit talking, but he's being lumped in with the brothers poor behavior. Just hope he is his own man and doesn't blow a chance at a free education.  

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Angelo has a visit scheduled for Wisconsin this weekend according to rumors on the Iowa board.

This wouldn't shock me as he might as well take multiple visits...

I suspect we'll see Angelo wrestling at some program in the future, but still have to go through another year or two of AJ putting out posts speculating about some big announcement...with no big announcement(regarding wrestling, though we may find out what state institution he'll be spending ~5-10 years at).

I don't know why, but I'm still rooting for Angelo. I don't know any of them, but it seems like he's already being written off and so far as I can tell, he flexed and did a little shit talking, but he's being lumped in with the brothers poor behavior. Just hope he is his own man and doesn't blow a chance at a free education.  

I think most that are close to the situation, believe Angelo has a great chance to succeed.  I wish he would go do his own thing honestly, that would be his best shot at succeeding with no BS drama. I will be 100% SHOCKED if Anthony does not F up within weeks at Iowa, or hell F up before he fully moves in.  He is a walking time bomb, way too much history to prove he just cannot get his S together. Obviously, I hope I am wrong and they dude ends up being a model citizen. 

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

Fair question but the calculus changes when the athletes in question can contribute for multiple years rather than the one year stopgap that Downey was going to be. Imagine a scenario where all three are in the lineup and one of them Fs up to the point where dismissal is warranted. What is Brands going to do when 40+ points could walk out the door? Not as simple as the Downey situation.

As far as OSU is concerned, the 20 points Albert Jr. would have given them this year would be the difference between a down year and the catastrophic embarrassment that we witnessed in Tulsa. I doubt John W. would be openly talking about his dismissal if they were top 10. I agree that fully committed Mastros were not moving the needle but by recruiting the Ferraris, they failed to go after others that may contribute substantially in the future. It will take several years to recover from the Ferrari debacle at OSU. What does next year look like for them, especially if Fix moves on/Olympic red-shirts? Not pretty.

Fair enough, although would it be all that likely that one of them getting kicked off the team would result in all 3 transferring?  I know that happened with them in high school but seeing as how they're not living with their parents anymore I would think that wouldn't need to happen this time around?

Were people projecting Anthony to have been in the OSU lineup this past season?

Edited by 1032004

13 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Fair enough, although would it be all that likely that one of them getting kicked off the team would result in all 3 transferring?  I know that happened with them in high school but seeing as how they're not living with their parents anymore I would think that wouldn't need to happen this time around?

Were people projecting Anthony to have been in the OSU lineup this past season?

All 3 were in Stillwater (and heading to OSU) they pretty much all pulled out and left together, well one or two kicked out but yeah they all departed, still appears the dad pulls the strings.    

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

All 3 were in Stillwater (and heading to OSU) they pretty much all pulled out and left together, well one or two kicked out but yeah they all departed, still appears the dad pulls the strings.    

What year are Anthony and Angelo?   It looks like Anthony should have been a true freshman this year and Angelo is currently only a junior in HS right? 

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

What year are Anthony and Angelo?   It looks like Anthony should have been a true freshman this year and Angelo is currently only a junior in HS right? 

That sounds about right, pretty sure Anthony lost Sr year high school season.  And believe he committed/signed Jr year.

Edited by ionel

17 hours ago, ionel said:

AJ had his BS, and Anthony shot up Masto's house and had planned on killing his dog (I am happy the dog survived) 

19 hours ago, ionel said:

Where did Angelo go to HS this year?

3 hours ago, H82Lose said:

AJ had his BS, and Anthony shot up Masto's house and had planned on killing his dog (I am happy the dog survived) 

Might be a little more to it than that but believe they both have another April appearance Payne Co, at some point there may be more details and evidence. 

2 hours ago, 82bordeaux said:

I thought he went to Melissa, TX but I'm not 100% sure of that.

That is correct. 

Oliver Pierce who wrestled at Allen is the coach there now. Oliver was a staple in Fargo/Cadet Trials finals. 

Jerry Best, who coached him at Allen, kicked the Ferrari's out. 

when Pierce took the job and, simultaneously, things with Ferrari's went south in stillwater, Angelo went where Oliver had a new gig. 

Snow removal businesses are very real.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

@VakAttack one year deferred sentence, 18 months probation, & anger management for Anthony.  Is Anthony free to travel and attend school in Iowa or does he serve his probation in Oklahoma?  

https://news.yahoo.com/anthony-ferrari-gets-deferred-sentence-035900972.html

Curious, what does this mean for him competing next year? Does his probation not allow for him to compete or not allow for him to compete out of Oklahoma? 

11 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

@VakAttack one year deferred sentence, 18 months probation, & anger management for Anthony.  Is Anthony free to travel and attend school in Iowa or does he serve his probation in Oklahoma?  

Did he actually get 18 months of probation? The article was worded kind of weird. 

Said that the state was seeking a guilty conviction that would carry an 18 month probationary period. But then says later that Ferrari was ordered to an Anger management class and to write an apology - not mentioning the probation. Is the 18 month probation just assumed to be part of the punishment? 

5 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Did he actually get 18 months of probation? The article was worded kind of weird. 

Said that the state was seeking a guilty conviction that would carry an 18 month probationary period. But then says later that Ferrari was ordered to an Anger management class and to write an apology - not mentioning the probation. Is the 18 month probation just assumed to be part of the punishment? 

I believe the 18 month probation is part of his punishment (18 month probation, anger management classes, and apology letters) 

50 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Using the Oklahoma court records which show this:

JUDGE VAUGHAN: THIS MATTER COMES ON FOR BLIND PLEA. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON AND WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY DEBRA VINCENT. THE DEFENDANT ENTERS A PLEA OF NO CONTEST. THE STATE OBJECTS. THE COURT HEARS ARGEMENTS AND TESTIMONY. THE COURT ACCEPTS THE PLEA, AND NOW DEFERS JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE FOR 1 YEAR UNTIL APRIL 4, 2024, AT 1:30 P.M. THE COURT ORDERS THE DEFENDANT TO PAY COURT COSTS AND INCARCERATION FEES. SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF THE DEFERMENT ARE THE COURT ORDERS THE DEFENDANT TO COMPLETE ANGER MANAGEMENT AND LETTERS OF APOLOGY TO THE VICTIMS. THE COURT ORDERS THE DEFENDANT TO PAY THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE REIMBURSEMENT COST AS REQUIRED BY STATE STATUE. THE COURT SETS A REQUIREMENT DATE OF MARCH 7, 2024 AT 1:30 P.M. THE DEFENDANT IS ORDERED TO REPORT TO ROOM 103 AND 206 TO SET UP A PAYMENT PLAN. THE COURT ADVISES THE DEFENDANT OF THEIR APPEAL RIGHTS AND EXONERATES THE BOND.

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=payne&number=CM-2022-807&cmid=414806

It appears that he was not sentenced to 18 months of probation, but that was the maximum sentence he could have gotten.  The judge deferred sentencing (which means it's hanging over Ferrari's head) for 1 year pending the completion of certain financial terms as well as an anger management course and a written apology to the victim.  If the terms are completed, the judge would dismiss the time and the case would be over.  So it shouldn't be a problem for him to go elsewhere.

If he had gotten on probation, it would still be possible thru the interstate compact which allows for things like transfers of probation.

• Fire 3

19 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Using the Oklahoma court records which show this:

https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=payne&number=CM-2022-807&cmid=414806

It appears that he was not sentenced to 18 months of probation, but that was the maximum sentence he could have gotten.  The judge deferred sentencing (which means it's hanging over Ferrari's head) for 1 year pending the completion of certain financial terms as well as an anger management course and a written apology to the victim.  If the terms are completed, the judge would dismiss the time and the case would be over.  So it shouldn't be a problem for him to go elsewhere.

If he had gotten on probation, it would still be possible thru the interstate compact which allows for things like transfers of probation.

It seems really weird to plea this down and not get probation out of it. Maybe they're using probation and then deferred judgement interchangeably(though, it'd be 12 months in that case).  

3 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

It seems really weird to plea this down and not get probation out of it. Maybe they're using probation and then deferred judgement interchangeably(though, it'd be 12 months in that case).  

From poster on OSU board:

Deferred sentence in Oklahoma is basically probation. They defer the sentencing while you complete your probation and once you do the case is dismissed

37 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

The deferment often acts as a kind of probation in essence, since the main thing about probation is you have to do stuff to improve you and/or repay your debt.  It mainly eliminates the more standardized supervision, thus alleviating strain on the system of having to watch over people.  It typically is used for people with limited or not criminal history.

14 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The deferment often acts as a kind of probation in essence, since the main thing about probation is you have to do stuff to improve you and/or repay your debt.  It mainly eliminates the more standardized supervision, thus alleviating strain on the system of having to watch over people.  It typically is used for people with limited or not criminal history.

Then we can very much see him

complete next year 👀 crazy lol

• Fire 2

49 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Then we can very much see him

complete next year 👀 crazy lol

Really hope so. Kid is an absolute vibe and natural entertainer. Would like to see him right the ship and get back in ncaa, preferably Iowa! 

• Stalling 1