Where will AJ and Anthony Ferrari end up?

2 minutes ago, BaldAt23 said:

The Ferrari's have shown no loyalty to any program in their life. He's class of 2024, this doesn't mean a whole ton IMO

Anthony is already college aged, he was at Okie State the same time as AJ.  He's not as good thusfar.

Anthony is in court on April 11th taking a blind plea. https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=payne&number=CM-2022-807&cmid=414806

I know it is a risky move but for any of you on this board that are law experts what are the pros?  Is Anthony's attorney assuming the judge on the case tends to be lenient on sentencing?

Also, AJ is do in court on the 18th

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

Anthony is in court on April 11th taking a blind plea. https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=payne&number=CM-2022-807&cmid=414806

I know it is a risky move but for any of you on this board that are law experts what are the pros?  Is Anthony's attorney assuming the judge on the case tends to be lenient on sentencing?

Also, AJ is do in court on the 18th

In Florida we call this an open plea. Basically just what you said.  You can't come to an agreement with the prosecutor on a plea, so you're asking the judge to sentence you. 

However, judges will also name court dates (at least in FL) after different legal proceedings, so it's possible that court date is just called Blind Plea Date.  Or it's a day for all pleas, including negotiated ones, and the docket just shortens it and Blind is first alphabetically.

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

In Florida we call this an open plea. Basically just what you said.  You can't come to an agreement with the prosecutor on a plea, so you're asking the judge to sentence you. 

However, judges will also name court dates (at least in FL) after different legal proceedings, so it's possible that court date is just called Blind Plea Date.  Or it's a day for all pleas, including negotiated ones, and the docket just shortens it and Blind is first alphabetically.

Just following along here because I’m not an expert in any of these areas, but in your experience how does that usually look when a defendant just lets the judge decide? It seems like that wouldn’t end well most of the time, but again I’m in healthcare so not my forte lol. 

15 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Just following along here because I’m not an expert in any of these areas, but in your experience how does that usually look when a defendant just lets the judge decide? It seems like that wouldn’t end well most of the time, but again I’m in healthcare so not my forte lol. 

No way to know without knowing the facts and the judge's habits.  

• Fire 2

Could be that T&T/admin have checked things our and visited with them and the family.

Assurances given and a strict set of rules put out if they come.

Guidance counselors and maybe therapy required for it to happen?

Every kid deserves a second chance. At times it works. At times it does not  - as we saw with Cael and Andrew Long. Even with guidance and strong team support a kid can fail. But - he was given a chance.

Why don't the Farrari kids deserve it?

As for the youngest one - no problems showing so might be smart to leave him alone in these discussions. "innocent until proven guilty" - not guilt by association.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

5 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Could be that T&T/admin have checked things our and visited with them and the family.

Every kid deserves a second chance. At times it works. At times it does not  - as we saw with Cael and Andrew Long. Even with guidance and strong team support a kid can fail. But - he was given a chance.

As for the youngest one - no problems showing so might be smart to leave him alone in these discussions. "innocent until proven guilty" - not guilt by association.

A more reasonable calculus would be, "What are the odds they don't screw up?"

Just now, Mike Parrish said:

A more reasonable calculus would be, "What are the odds they don't screw up?"

When younger it was common practice for local judges to give young types involved in criminal activity a choice: Prosecution and jail/prison or enlist in the Military.

Many chose the military. Many were helped even as some completely screwed up their lifeline.

Give these guys a chance. If they can't make it at least someone tried to help. Maybe..., just maybe it will work.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

If I were an Iowa fan I would immediately delete every utterance of "Andrew Long" on any Iowa forum, blog, website, commemorative t-shirt, etc.

Just accept that you've lost the moral high ground and will take anyone, no matter how many pending criminal charges, if it will get you closer to a NCAA team championship.

Embrace it.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

For the most part I do agree with this wholeheartedly, but I think some nuance applies. 

If a kid steals from Walmart, of course they should get a second chance. 
If a kid gets blackout drunk at 18, pees on a wall, and then vandalizes a car, of course they deserve a second chance. 

When you start talking about the sexual assault and rape I think you start to get in that nuanced area because someone else is involved. If the allegations are true, the woman in the situation will spend the rest of her life living with what happened. It’s not something she can just get over and move on with life.

Did Brock Turner deserve a second chance at swimming after his 6 month sentence? I’d argue he did not. 

• Fire 4

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

For the most part I do agree with this wholeheartedly, but I think some nuance applies. 

If a kid steals from Walmart, of course they should get a second chance. 
If a kid gets blackout drunk at 18, pees on a wall, and then vandalizes a car, of course they deserve a second chance. 

When you start talking about the sexual assault and rape I think you start to get in that nuanced area because someone else is involved. If the allegations are true, the woman in the situation will spend the rest of her life living with what happened. It’s not something she can just get over and move on with life.

Did Brock Turner deserve a second chance at swimming after his 6 month sentence? I’d argue he did not. 

This sounds very similar to the Gable Steveson situation after his RS freshman year. Let's see how it plays out before comparing someone to Brock Turner.