Where will AJ and Anthony Ferrari end up?

4 minutes ago, Gus said:

I don't think it's fair to compare some flexing on the mat with the behavior that the others have been accused of. After all, it was not AJ's on mat persona that got him in trouble...

Its not just "some flexing" its who & what he (and they) are doing such to, showing no respect for others.  Such lack of respect then shows up off the mat in the form of pulling a gun on someone and rape. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Are the 3 brothers close?  I assume yes.  I assume they will hang out and live together if they end up at the same college.  I assume they will go out together and get into trouble together...

Doubt it's 2 of them out at the bar and the 3rd one studying in the library.

Yes, good chance.

hypatia-h_f9831dadaf3cd744574c7ac4a14bdd

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ionel said:

Its not just "some flexing" its who & what he (and they) are doing such to, showing no respect for others.  Such lack of respect then shows up off the mat in the form of pulling a gun on someone and rape. 

I keep seeing you guys talking about pulling a gun or shooting up a house, but the charges were misdemeanor assault and battery charges. That doesn't add up.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Taco said:

I keep seeing you guys talking about pulling a gun or shooting up a house, but the charges were misdemeanor assault and battery charges. That doesn't add up.

Read the legal definition of assult in Oklahoma.

Edited by ionel

Here I looked it up for you. No dangerous weapon = misdemeanor.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/oklahoma-assault-and-battery-laws.htm

Assault and battery crimes in Oklahoma can be misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the injury caused by the defendant, the identity of the victim, and whether the defendant used a dangerous weapon.

For information on aggravated assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, see Oklahoma Aggravated Assault and Battery Laws and Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon in Oklahoma.

Assault or battery committed against a spouse, family member or someone you are dating is considered domestic abuse and subject to higher penalties than general assault and battery. For more information about domestic abuse laws, see Domestic Violence Laws in Oklahoma.

Edited by Jamie_Taco

14 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Couple things. 1st) the Gable and AJ situations are different. Gable was arrested, but never charged. AJ has been charged with felony sexual battery. 2nd) If (and I want to really emphasize the if here) AJ (or any athlete with similar charges) is convicted of a sexual assault crime against a female then it’s very fair to compare him to Brock Turner when it comes to having a second chance.  

I want to emphasize AJ is innocent until he’s proven guilty in a court of law. But it’s going to be natural to compare his cases to other collegiate sexual misconduct cases. 

You can twist it any way you want, what Gable was accused of was significantly worse than what AJ is being accused of. They just couldn't find the evidence to charge him. Still didn't make the situation any less dicey for Minnesota and it all worked out okay.

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, ionel said:

It’s not just "some flexing" its who & what he (and they) are doing such to, showing no respect for others.  Such lack of respect then shows up off the mat in the form of pulling a gun on someone and rape. 

But the youngest one has done nothing remotely close to what the other two have been accused of. He might be an arrogant wrestler but he has not been accused of assault and the people in Stillwater actually said they he was a nice, respectful kid. 

• Fire 1

Just now, Gus said:

But the youngest one has done nothing remotely close to what the other two have been accused of. He might be an arrogant wrestler but he has not been accused of assault and the people in Stillwater actually said they he was a nice, respectful kid. 

But you get the family as something of a package.

Still a hard pass if you're running the math on this.

Just now, Gus said:

But the youngest one has done nothing remotely close to what the other two have been accused of. He might be an arrogant wrestler but he has not been accused of assault and the people in Stillwater actually said they he was a nice, respectful kid

Not what I observed a few months ago, but its what I'd also heard prior.

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

But you get the family as something of a package.

Still a hard pass if you're running the math on this.

Hey ... read my earlier post.  You also get a defense attorney (& dad), 5 for price of 3.  😉

• Haha 2

Just now, ionel said:

Hey ... read my earlier post.  You also get a defense attorney (& dad), 5 for price of 3.  😉

So it's like getting a boxed variety pack of seasonal beer at Costco.

You know most of it is going to suck, but you feel like you really got a dealio because there's so much of it. 😉

2 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I thought the consensus  rumor about the middle brother involves a gun(s)

Gun crimes aren't a big deal in Iowa.  In fact several wrestlers in recent memory got in trouble for gun-related offenses and it was NBD, if I recall.

Also what happened with Montell Marion's "permanent" temporary suspension?

https://www.thegazette.com/crime-courts/former-iowa-wrestler-montell-marion-arrested-again/

"Marion's once-permanent suspension from the Hawkeye wrestling squad was lifted in January 2011. Despite an offered transfer release from the UI, he chose to stay and try to regain his spot on the team.

Marion earned his spot back and received the team's Mike J. McGivern Award for the team's most courageous wrestler. In March, Marion made his second NCAA finals appearance and placed second in an overtime battle."

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Gun crimes aren't a big deal in Iowa.  In fact several wrestlers in recent memory got in trouble for gun-related offenses and it was NBD, if I recall.

Also what happened with Montell Marion's "permanent" temporary suspension?

I already provided details to prove no guns were involved. Unless you all think the Stillwater DA decided not to correctly charge Anthony?

Again, the Ferarri bros charges align with other things we've seen in the past from guys like Steveson and Ed Ruth, but for some reason, nobody wants to acknowledge it or they downplay what those guys did. As I said, Gable's accusations were significantly worse (look up felony sexual battery vs felony sexual assault) and Ed assaulted a police officer. Hell, Ed was arrested for a DUI two years later, so what did he learn from the 2011 incident?

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2013/12/penn_state_wrestler_ed_ruth_ch.html

So I will ask, why the double standard here with you guys? 

Edited by Jamie_Taco

Just now, Gus said:

Are you referring to him flexing at the Blair coaches?

Yes, and pretty sure he never went Blair, correct?  It was the two older (believe mainly middle) that got in trouble at Blair.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Yes, and pretty sure he never went Blair, correct?  It was the two older (believe mainly middle) that got in trouble at Blair.

Not gonna respond after I schooled you on Oklahoma law? So are you going to stop spreading misinformation?

14 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

So it's like getting a boxed variety pack of seasonal beer at Costco.

You know most of it is going to suck, but you feel like you really got a dealio because there's so much of it. 😉

Yes, pretty much like that but believe you are guaranteed (check with @flyingcement) to get at least one can of 665 ale.  🙂

• Fire 1

Just now, Jamie_Taco said:

Not gonna respond after I schooled you on Oklahoma law? So are you going to stop spreading misinformation?

Schooled on OK law?  I just asked you to read it, i'd already seen.  

What misinfo? 

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Jamie_Taco said:

I already provided details to prove no guns were involved. Unless you all think the Stillwater DA decided not to correctly charge Anthony?

Again, the Ferarri bros charges align with other things we've seen in the past from guys like Steveson and Ed Ruth, but for some reason, nobody wants to acknowledge it or they downplay what those guys did. As I said, Gable's accusations were significantly worse (look up felony sexual battery vs felony sexual assault) and Ed assaulted a police officer. Hell, Ed was arrested for a DUI two years later, so what did he learn from the 2011 incident?

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2013/12/penn_state_wrestler_ed_ruth_ch.html

So I will ask, why the double standard here with you guys? 

Are you talking about the same guys who are fine with Kerkvliet forfeiting  at NCAA, but act as of Lee is a villain for forfeiting?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

Just now, ionel said:

Schooled on OK law?  I just asked you to read it, i'd already seen.  

What misinfo? 

Lol you can't be serious. You told me to, "Read the legal definition of assault in Oklahoma" without clearly having any sort of idea of what you were talking about. If not, then what were you alluding to?

You said, "Such lack of respect then shows up off the mat in the form of pulling a gun on someone and rape."

I provided the definition of misdemeanor assault and battery in the state of Oklahoma to prove there was no way a deadly weapon was involved with Anthony, as you suggested. You also clearly don't understand the difference between sexual battery and sexual assault. Again, I suggest you look into the Gable Steveson allegations to get an idea of what felony sexual assault looks like compared to sexual battery.

You can just admit you were wrong and are a hypocrite.

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Are you talking about the same guys who are fine with Kerkvliet forfeiting  at NCAA, but act as of Lee is a villain for forfeiting?

Yup, I had no idea the wrestling room in Happy Valley was made of glass lol.

35 minutes ago, ionel said:

Plus dad will open a fine Italian restaurant! Iowans have to be happy about that, no more Pizza Ranch!