Where will AJ and Anthony Ferrari end up?

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

No because I am too (even as a UNC fan). 1 time NC state champion from Sun Valley High School (local to my area) to a national champion. To my knowledge he’s the only 1 time NC state champion to win a national championship. I didn’t care what singlet that guy was wearing, I was going to be rooting for his success. 

And he is a very nice man.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Mastro, Madara, and Ramirez are Blair kids.  Rylan isn't.  Don't know who Trent M is

Rylan Rogers was at Blair in 2020. Transferred out.

Trent M is a third Mastrogiovanni also on the team in 2020.

I was wondering if this thread was about what happened at Blair a few years ago surrounding the Mastros and also the Ferraris.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Doing a cost benefit analysis from the university's perspective, there's simply no way they provide a reasonable value against the likelihood of additional bad acts and liability.

Yeah its not like they are having a hard time selling tickets to CHA.  Not sure if the benefits outweigh to costs. 

54 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Rylan Rogers was at Blair in 2020. Transferred out.

Trent M is a third Mastrogiovanni also on the team in 2020.

I was wondering if this thread was about what happened at Blair a few years ago surrounding the Mastros and also the Ferraris.

My mistake. I believe its about what went down at okie state

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

18 hours ago, JVStateChamp said:

My point was without them they still win. With Beard only scoring 4 points and Nevills most likely scoring similar we can say its a 17 point difference.

If we are going to lower the PSU scoring total, then we have to take away Iowa's portal points too. How many did Real Woods score? How many in year's past from The Riddler and DeSanto? How many will the Ferrari's score in the future?

Seems to me that the portal is now Iowa's go to for repairing recruiting problems. Since they can't seem to build champions they can just portal them over. 

6 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

If we are going to lower the PSU scoring total, then we have to take away Iowa's portal points too. How many did Real Woods score? How many in year's past from The Riddler and DeSanto? How many will the Ferrari's score in the future?

Seems to me that the portal is now Iowa's go to for repairing recruiting problems. Since they can't seem to build champions they can just portal them over. 

Im not an Iowa fan in the least. I posted earlier that I believed any team would be smart to take advantage of the portal. In the landscape of wrestling today any head coach that does not try to take advantage of the transfer portal is doing a disservice to his program. 

And now for devils advocate Iowa has a fantastic recruiting class coming in that includes Ben Keuter, Codi Chittum, Gabe Arnold, and Ryder Block. I think both programs have done a great job at balancing talent that they have recruited as well as being able to fill holes with the transfer portal to optimize points.

1 minute ago, JVStateChamp said:

Im not an Iowa fan in the least. I posted earlier that I believed any team would be smart to take advantage of the portal. In the landscape of wrestling today any head coach that does not try to take advantage of the transfer portal is doing a disservice to his program. 

And now for devils advocate Iowa has a fantastic recruiting class coming in that includes Ben Keuter, Codi Chittum, Gabe Arnold, and Ryder Block. I think both programs have done a great job at balancing talent that they have recruited as well as being able to fill holes with the transfer portal to optimize points.

They have a good class. They will have to adjust if Keuter opts for football. 

19 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

I can see your position.

I just wouldn't make the same calculation.

When you have shitty parents, it's almost never worth the grief.

There is a hall of fame coach in another collegiate sport, a sport known for having even far crazier parents than wrestling.

When he was asked what qualities an ideal recruit would have, he replied "an orphan."

55 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Everyone is doing it.  Woods was initially tied to PSU, via reports but that was later denied.  PSU also has had plenty of others with Hildebrant, Conel, Betancourt, etc.  Some have worked out better than others.  Let's not forget the supposed Griffith and Wick attempts.

The point that I made was: don't pretend that Dean was the only guy to ever transfer to PSU and wrestle.  Also, don't pretend that PSU doesn't use the portal.  It is just not accurate.  

They have the best overall program and it is not even close.  It is ok to tell the truth, though.  

https://victorybellrings.com/2022/03/29/penn-state-wrestling-transfer-real-woods/

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

This is pretty comical since every transfer they’ve had they have made better.  Woods best finish I believe was 6th, Desanto’s best finish I believe was 7th so nice try.  Every coach uses the portal to their advantage and I don’t think I would want a coach who doesn’t look at high level transfers out of the portal.

8 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

This is pretty comical since every transfer they’ve had they have made better.  Woods best finish I believe was 6th, Desanto’s best finish I believe was 7th so nice try.  Every coach uses the portal to their advantage and I don’t think I would want a coach who doesn’t look at high level transfers out of the portal.

DNP?

2 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

No one invited PD2 or PD3 to join us.

We really need a similar number system, the A Ferrari thing is just too confusing, I mean the Focus helped but ...

Might I propose:  AF1, AF2, AF3 & AF4.