Noto / Penn State

D-1

Not confirmed but rumored from a few good sources that Penn State approached Anthony Noto after his impressive 4th place finish last week. God knows they need a 125lber. Thought Robbie Howard was possibly returning next season? With all the NIL going on (ala Real Woods last season), this would not surprise me. I don't see him leaving a good thing @ Lock Haven!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, D-1 said:

Not confirmed but rumored from a few good sources that Penn State approached Anthony Noto after his impressive 4th place finish last week. God knows they need a 125lber. Thought Robbie Howard was possibly returning next season? With all the NIL going on (ala Real Woods last season), this would not surprise me. I don't see him leaving a good thing @ Lock Haven!!

Why do they need a 125?  Have they been losing because they don't have one?  🙄

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, D-1 said:

Howard 133 maybe?  Wasn't it rumored that in 2021 it took him half thr season to get his weight down?   They are also getting Braiden Davis. 

I don't see Noto leaving either. 

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Nothing on BWI about this.

Given the number of black athletes on the team at PSU and what purportedly got him kicked off the team at NC State, might not be the best fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know someone who talked to him and he explained a different reason for leaving.  Of course if your reason is right, he probably wouldn't repeat it.  

28 minutes ago, ScarletKnight said:

I know someone who talked to him and he explained a different reason for leaving.  Of course if your reason is right, he probably wouldn't repeat it.  

And you think that’ll make a difference to his potential teammates 

• Fire 1

This seems like pure conjecture and more just wishful thinking from Penn state fans desperate for a good 125 (not sure why they are desperate… they clearly are good enough without one). First, no way PSU is trying to poach him at the NCAA tournament and risk violations. Second, judging by some social media posts I’ve seen, Noto seems very happy at lock haven and has really praised the coaching staff. I sure hope he decides to stay at lock haven… a kid like that is huge for a small like them. At Penn state, he’s just another wrestler and not even one the best guys on the team. 

• Fire 2

This seems like pure conjecture and more just wishful thinking from Penn state fans desperate for a good 125 (not sure why they are desperate… they clearly are good enough without one). First, no way PSU is trying to poach him at the NCAA tournament and risk violations. Second, judging by some social media posts I’ve seen, Noto seems very happy at lock haven and has really praised the coaching staff. I sure hope he decides to stay at lock haven… a kid like that is huge for a small like them. At Penn state, he’s just another wrestler and not even one the best guys on the team. 

I think most PSU fans would prefer he NOT come to the team.

1 hour ago, Ashebuckeye said:

Since he already transferred once, would he not lose a year if he were to transfer again? 

I believe this is correct... a second D1 transfer and you sit a  year unless it's a grad transfer. Also I doubt that he was "approached" by PSU...3rd party maybe, but not PSU. PSU  actually learned something from Iowa when it comes to recruiting guys not in the portal. Weird. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I believe this is correct... a second D1 transfer and you sit a  year unless it's a grad transfer. Also I doubt that he was "approached" by PSU...3rd party maybe, but not PSU. PSU  actually learned something from Iowa when it comes to recruiting guys not in the portal. Weird. 

Correct.

We have a good bit of fun at the expense of Larry Lee over on BWI.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Nothing on BWI about this.

Given the number of black athletes on the team at PSU and what purportedly got him kicked off the team at NC State, might not be the best fit.

It's an inexcusable thing to say, but lets keep in mind not only do we not know if this is true, what context it was used in, he would have been 18-19 years old.

People grow.

Andrew Long was an egregious mistake, but I still think Cael and company WOULD be very...careful about this type of situation and would speak to the black athletes, get a feel for what their thoughts are(really the whole team, but specifically their 4 starters who are black) and IF he chose to give Noto a chance, it'd likely be because they believe he's learned and...just gotten better. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Well...as one PSU fan would have you believe, they NEED David Carr if they hope to win another Title next year! 

"Need" being the key word!

Seriously though, I'm rooting for Robbie Howard. I don't know anything about him, OTHER than his rough start trying to rehab that shoulder without surgery...which is real hit or miss. As someone who had that issue, I rehabbed mine, spend 4-5 hours a day for about 4 months trying to strengthen my shoulder with the trainer and got it back to where I thought it was stronger than ever....and then on a simple shot, got extended and it came out and had the surgery....which was an absolute nightmare. Shoulder surgery is a HELLUVA lot more painful than an knee, hip, pretty much anything other than a back or a neck and I'm just guessing on the last two as I was lucky enough to never have to deal with either. 

Anyway, the kid is a stud and I hope he can have a Beau Bartlett type coming out party this year. He was Rd of 12/16. Whatever it was, he came back and Wrestled one AA caliber Wrestler after another...

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Well...as one PSU fan would have you believe, they NEED David Carr if they hope to win another Title next year! 

"Need" being the key word!

Seriously though, I'm rooting for Robbie Howard. I don't know anything about him, OTHER than his rough start trying to rehab that shoulder without surgery...which is real hit or miss. As someone who had that issue, I rehabbed mine, spend 4-5 hours a day for about 4 months trying to strengthen my shoulder with the trainer and got it back to where I thought it was stronger than ever....and then on a simple shot, got extended and it came out and had the surgery....which was an absolute nightmare. Shoulder surgery is a HELLUVA lot more painful than an knee, hip, pretty much anything other than a back or a neck and I'm just guessing on the last two as I was lucky enough to never have to deal with either. 

Anyway, the kid is a stud and I hope he can have a Beau Bartlett type coming out party this year. He was Rd of 12/16. Whatever it was, he came back and Wrestled one AA caliber Wrestler after another...

You don’t know anything about him but you know he’s a stud?

I don’t know if I’d go that far (although his match with Minnino was one of the best HS matches of all time IMO) but I also don’t think Noto would be a noticeable upgrade.  There’s just so much parity at 125.  Noto lost to Heinselman this year and Howard has beaten (and lost twice to) Heinselman.  

And of course we all know the last time PSU got a mid-major transfer that finished 4th at NCAA’s the year before, he went 1-2 the next year…

8 hours ago, scourge165 said:

It's an inexcusable thing to say, but lets keep in mind not only do we not know if this is true, what context it was used in, he would have been 18-19 years old.

People grow.

Andrew Long was an egregious mistake, but I still think Cael and company WOULD be very...careful about this type of situation and would speak to the black athletes, get a feel for what their thoughts are(really the whole team, but specifically their 4 starters who are black) and IF he chose to give Noto a chance, it'd likely be because they believe he's learned and...just gotten better. 

IF Noto did what the “allegations” are.. even more conservative leaning African Americans most likely wouldn’t be okay with it.. the straight up calling slurs is almost always a hard stop/dealbreaker that can’t be explained away or change how they’ll look at him..

9 hours ago, scourge165 said:

People grow.

Seems like the Holy Spirit would inspire these athletes to turn the other cheek. Jesus taught compassion for all, even the evil. 

11 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

I have seen it from NC State sources as well as from the father of the athlete that the slur was directed toward.

Also, seems to have a bit of an attitude problem.  Started chirping to NC State staff after his win vs. NC State this year.  Was still on the mat.  Multiple people held back/restrained, including his dad (I believe.)

Find the video.  It is out there.

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I have seen it from NC State sources as well as from the father of the athlete that the slur was directed toward.

Also, seems to have a bit of an attitude problem.  Started chirping to NC State staff after his win vs. NC State this year.  Was still on the mat.  Multiple people held back/restrained, including his dad (I believe.)

Find the video.  It is out there.

ok - like I said, just because he doesn't say that's the reason he left doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I just know what he tells people

• Fire 1