Potential TikTok Ban

BobDole

2 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Agreed!  And that documentary "The Social Dilemma" is crazy!  I made my teenage son watch it...he is mostly on the SnapChat and just watches tik toc videos but doesn't post anything.  I am lucky he is a kid that is skeptical of everything he sees/reads on the internet and will search "facts" out before blindly believing things he reads, it makes me so proud when we chat and he says he read something and looked into it and it wasn't true at all.  He laughs at the click bait headlines.  Anyway, I am digressing.  I think everyone should watch "The Social Dilemma"...even though I know they can put spin on any of those types of documentaries, but even still, scary.

SnapChat has the world's largest collection of child ****, no way they delete everything like they say the do.

2 hours ago, BobDole said:

Have you ever downloaded your Facebook or Twitter data? They collect quite a bit of information. Do you ever wonder why the ads literally target what you are thinking? They know more about you than you do.

Social media is free, but they have to make money in some fashion. Selling information about their consumers is what makes them money. This goes for Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, MySpace, Truth Social, etc. And don't think these people aren't against selling data to foreign countries or even foreign countries having others buy the data for them. 

This is older than me (by a whisker).  Nielson has been collecting and selling this data since 1950.  This is just Nielson Ratings on steroids.
I didn't know social media made money this way.  I thought they made money by selling medical and legal advice on their platforms.  I thought I had found a secret way around the billing system at the law firm of Facebook, Instantgram, and Tweety.  Say it isn't so.