Lunatic Professor

mspart

https://www.lifenews.com/2023/03/27/liberal-professor-suspended-after-saying-its-admirable-to-kill-conservative-speakers/

stevenshaviro.png

A Wayne State University (WSU) professor was suspended with pay after writing on Facebook that it is more “admirable” to kill a right-wing speaker than it is to shout them down on a college campus, The New Guard reported.

Steven Shaviro, a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences professor, wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday that while he does not “advocating violating federal and state criminal codes,” it is “far more admirable to kill a racist, homophobic, or transphobic speaker than it is to shout them down,” according to the New Guard. The professor was reportedly placed on leave and the incident was reported to law enforcement agencies for review.

They don't call it the luny left for nothing.  Here is a college professor saying murder is better than verbal engagement.  But only if the target is a right wing speaker.   I assume murder of a left wing speaker would be unspeakably wrong and beyond the pale and the murderer should be hanged by their toenails until dead.   This is the illogical logic that is found in universities and other echo chambers. 

Here is  another with the Wayne State U's President's statement.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2023/03/27/wayne-state-professor-suspended-for-saying-protestors-should-kill-speakers-they-disagree-with/

The president of Wayne State, M. Roy Wilson, sent a statement to the Warrior community on Monday morning regarding the social media post, which was made by a professor in the English department.

The post said that protestors would be justified in murdering speakers they disagree with, rather than just “shouting them down.”

Wilson announced that law enforcement is involved in this situation. The professor has been suspended immediately from the university due to the incident.

You can read Wilson’s statement that he sent out on Monday morning below:

Dear campus community,

This morning, I was made aware of a social media post by a Wayne State University professor in our Department of English.

The post stated that rather than “shouting down” those with whom we disagree, one would be justified to commit murder to silence them. We have on many occasions defended the right of free speech guaranteed by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but we feel this post far exceeds the bounds of reasonable or protected speech. It is, at best, morally reprehensible and, at worst, criminal.

We have referred this to law enforcement agencies for further review and investigation. Pending their review, we have suspended the professor with pay, effective immediately.

M. Roy Wilson, March 27, 2023

I am grateful Roy Wilson saw through the politics of this and sees it for what it is.  The professor should have been fired outright, not placed on paid leave. 

mspart

Edited by mspart

For the record I don't recommend, condone or think about killing anyone.  This is interesting to me, so thanks for posting.

This guy is prominent.  Not an adjunct professor getting thrown under a bus.  Probably a tenured professor, so we may see an actual free speech battle.  We'll see who amongst is willing to disagree with but die for this guys views to be financed by the public.

Additional interesting point is  - according to lifenews.com - "racist, homophobic, or transphobic speaker" is equivalent to "right-wing speaker".  That is understandable as  a discussion of killing a right-wing speaker will cause outrage and mouse clicks, whilst a discussion of killing a racist speaker will illicit indifference or a beyond the grave visit from our old friend Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

56 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Additional interesting point is  - according to lifenews.com - "racist, homophobic, or transphobic speaker" is equivalent to "right-wing speaker". 

I don't think this is correct.   This is not according to lifenews.com, it is the professor's own words that make the equivalency.   It was only reported by lifenews.com. 

Below is the idiot's complete statement:

Screenshot-2023-03-27-at-2.02.46-PM-1024

So he is strongly advocating murdering right wing speakers by citing a previous case in some other country to justify this insane position.  Yep, just murder anyone you disagree with.   Pretty soon we'll all be dead, except the last man standing. 

This just reinforces that the left do not want to discuss.   They want to shout down, and if that doesn't work, just kill them.   They do not want to discuss the merits of their own positions because that would make them defend the indefensible which might put them in a place where they are not safe and cozy.   Best just to rid society of these people so they can feel safe in their safe spaces.    This is adult reasoning from the left on perfect display.   It has come to the logical conclusion that Marxist authoritarianism has always resorted to and why Communist countries are known for slaughtering their own citizens.  Dissent is not to be tolerated.   Free speach is a wonderful thing unless it goes beyond what "we" think is acceptable.   This guy needs to lose his ability to teach at any institution of learning.   Just a hateful resentful little man who no doubt has been spreading his venom for years now to his students.  

mspart

6 minutes ago, mspart said:

I don't think this is correct.   This is not according to lifenews.com, it is the professor's own words that make the equivalency.   It was only reported by lifenews.com. 

Below is the idiot's complete statement:

YouScreenshot-2023-03-27-at-2.02.46-PM-1024

So he is strongly advocating murdering right wing speakers by citing a previous case in some other country to justify this insane position.  Yep, just murder anyone you disagree with.   Pretty soon we'll all be dead, except the last man standing. 

This just reinforces that the left do not want to discuss.   They want to shout down, and if that doesn't work, just kill them.   They do not want to discuss the merits of their own positions because that would make them defend the indefensible which might put them in a place where they are not safe and cozy.   Best just to rid society of these people so they can feel safe in their safe spaces.    This is adult reasoning from the left on perfect display.   It has come to the logical conclusion that Marxist authoritarianism has always resorted to and why Communist countries are known for slaughtering their own citizens.  Dissent is not to be tolerated.   Free speach is a wonderful thing unless it goes beyond what "we" think is acceptable.   This guy needs to lose his ability to teach at any institution of learning.   Just a hateful resentful little man who no doubt has been spreading his venom for years now to his students.  

mspart

No, I was correct.   He said "kill a racist, homophobic, or transphobic speaker" and it is reported as "kill a right-wing speaker".  I think it is The Daily Caller that produced the content and life news just republished it.   

You are correct, it was reported, but taken from the little man's own words.  The reporter or news agency did not make that up.    

Quote:

I think it is far more admirable to kill a racist, homophobic, or transphobic speaker than it is to shut them down. 

When right-wing groups invite such speakers to campus, it is precisely because they want to provoke and incident that discredits the left, give more publicity and validation to these reprehensible views than they could otherwise attain. 

So Plasi, those are his own words.  First it is "admirable to kill a racist, homophobic or transphobic speaker".   Then he says in the very next sentence that "right-wing groups invite such speakers to campus ...  that discredits the left...".   He is plainly associating the former with the latter.   It was not the reporter that did that, it was this little man that did that. 

Does t he fact you are semi fighting this mean that you agree with this little man?   Or is it something else?   He said all this stuff.   Is he right or wrong for thinking this way?   What should happen to him? 

mspart

The professor makes a distinction between right-wing groups and "such" speakers, while the reporting creates the equivalency.   I am not agreeing with him.  Killing violates criminal codes, so he is not advocating killing anyone either.  This is a combination of bad hyperbole and snowflakeitis.

Edited by Plasmodium
  • Fire 1

41 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

The professor makes a distinction between right-wing groups and "such" speakers, while the reporting creates the equivalency.   I am not agreeing with him.  Killing violates criminal codes, so he is not advocating killing anyone either.  This is a combination of bad hyperbole and snowflakeitis.

the edit made this an even worse take...

seriously...

you are giggling when typing this stuff, right?

9 hours ago, mspart said:

https://www.lifenews.com/2023/03/27/liberal-professor-suspended-after-saying-its-admirable-to-kill-conservative-speakers/

stevenshaviro.png

A Wayne State University (WSU) professor was suspended with pay after writing on Facebook that it is more “admirable” to kill a right-wing speaker than it is to shout them down on a college campus, The New Guard reported.

Steven Shaviro, a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences professor, wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday that while he does not “advocating violating federal and state criminal codes,” it is “far more admirable to kill a racist, homophobic, or transphobic speaker than it is to shout them down,” according to the New Guard. The professor was reportedly placed on leave and the incident was reported to law enforcement agencies for review.

They don't call it the luny left for nothing.  Here is a college professor saying murder is better than verbal engagement.  But only if the target is a right wing speaker.   I assume murder of a left wing speaker would be unspeakably wrong and beyond the pale and the murderer should be hanged by their toenails until dead.   This is the illogical logic that is found in universities and other echo chambers. 

Here is  another with the Wayne State U's President's statement.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2023/03/27/wayne-state-professor-suspended-for-saying-protestors-should-kill-speakers-they-disagree-with/

The president of Wayne State, M. Roy Wilson, sent a statement to the Warrior community on Monday morning regarding the social media post, which was made by a professor in the English department.

The post said that protestors would be justified in murdering speakers they disagree with, rather than just “shouting them down.”

Wilson announced that law enforcement is involved in this situation. The professor has been suspended immediately from the university due to the incident.

You can read Wilson’s statement that he sent out on Monday morning below:

Dear campus community,

This morning, I was made aware of a social media post by a Wayne State University professor in our Department of English.

The post stated that rather than “shouting down” those with whom we disagree, one would be justified to commit murder to silence them. We have on many occasions defended the right of free speech guaranteed by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but we feel this post far exceeds the bounds of reasonable or protected speech. It is, at best, morally reprehensible and, at worst, criminal.

We have referred this to law enforcement agencies for further review and investigation. Pending their review, we have suspended the professor with pay, effective immediately.

M. Roy Wilson, March 27, 2023

I am grateful Roy Wilson saw through the politics of this and sees it for what it is.  The professor should have been fired outright, not placed on paid leave. 

mspart

Serious question here:

Is this post based on actual facts? Looks like a load of BS to me. Let's check the source...

WTF, source is 'lifenews.com' - never heard of them. Nobody I'd trust. Hmmm... I'll check...

Life (stylized as L!FE, formerly LifeNews) is a Russian pro-government news website owned by Aram Gabrelyanov [ru; hy; uk] and published by News Media [ru].[2] Its offices are in Moscow. The brand is most commonly associated with the now-defunct LifeNews channel.

It's a boatload of crap from Russia. 

mspart - tell me you aren't pushing this garbage?

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Serious question here:

Is this post based on actual facts? Looks like a load of BS to me. Let's check the source...

WTF, source is 'lifenews.com' - never heard of them. Nobody I'd trust. Hmmm... I'll check...

Life (stylized as L!FE, formerly LifeNews) is a Russian pro-government news website owned by Aram Gabrelyanov [ru; hy; uk] and published by News Media [ru].[2] Its offices are in Moscow. The brand is most commonly associated with the now-defunct LifeNews channel.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/college-professor-suspended-after-saying-it-would-be-far-more-admirable-to-kill-racist-speaker-than-protest/ar-AA19aqQR

5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Serious question here:

Would you like a few more sources?

2 hours ago, El Luchador said:

And this is why I reject arguments from anyone willing to go outside their safe space.

You continually post stuff from sources that are found to routinely lie.

If you have better sources saying the same thing, why you the source with historically poor veracity.

• Fire 1

Wow...so disingenuous from some of you and quite sad really.  You are focusing on freaking sources and tip toeing around addressing what was actually said...and even trying to downplay it by saying "Killing is the thing that is illegal".  Wow...some of you continue to show your disgusting bipartisan thought process.   There should have been no other response except this guy is disgusting and shouldn't be let anywhere near our kids in college.

LJB was spot on...do some of you freaking lick windows??

• Fire 2

Just now, Bigbrog said:

Wow...so disingenuous from some of you and quite sad really.  You are focusing on freaking sources and tip toeing around addressing what was actually said...and even trying to downplay it by saying "Killing is the thing that is illegal".  Wow...some of you continue to show your disgusting bipartisan thought process.   There should have been no other response except this guy is disgusting and shouldn't be let anywhere near our kids in college.

Well, as it turns out, what the source wrote doesn't match what the person said.

Even for someone like you, that should be kind of important...

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Mike Parrish said:

Well, as it turns out, what the source wrote doesn't match what the person said.

Even for someone like you, that should be kind of important...

Thanks for making my point.  You still can't make any comment on what the guy said...your feel the need to focus on a stupid source versus what was actually said??  Seriously??  But as always...keep being you Mikey.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Thanks for making my point.  You still can't make any comment on what the guy said...your feel the need to focus on a stupid source versus what was actually said??  Seriously??  But as always...keep being you Mikey.

If the posted source lies about what the subject of article said, that's kind of a problem, wouldn't you say?

It's hard to critique someone's words when the right wing press is flatly lying about what they said.

Edited by Mike Parrish

11 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

this is by design...

it is one of the oldest and best tricks used...