Meatball Ron defeated by 2nd week of law school material

VakAttack

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I'm sure glad my tax dollars are going to yet another DeSantis quagmire.  He's stating here that he's literally going to change a law (or multiple laws) to go back and then invalidate the Disney agreement, implicitly admitting that what Disney did is perfectly legal.  Meatball Ron, big "small government" guy.

Do you really think Disney should have special rights? I doubt most voters do. 

2 hours ago, El Luchador said:

Do you really think Disney should have special rights? I doubt most voters do. 

I don't care.  Neither do most normal Floridians. When I go to Lake Buena Vista, the streets are well-maintained and clean, so that's a plus.

I know I'm definitely against my tax dollars being used so that a wannabe tinpot dictator can exact revenge on people and entities that criticize him. Or being used to move undocumented immigrants from one non-Florida locale to another non-Florida locale for a photo-op.  Or many other wasteful things that do nothing to improve my life or the state. 

• Fire 1

Apparently he’s threatening to build a state prison next to Disney now.

For a person who was so concerned about children, it seems strange that he would endanger them by building a facility to house large numbers of convicted felons right next door to one of the largest amusement parks in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Apparently he’s threatening to build a state prison next to Disney now.

For a person who was so concerned about children, it seems strange that he would endanger them by building a facility to house large numbers of convicted felons right next door to one of the largest amusement parks in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your source for this information. 

https://qz.com/desantis-florida-prison-walt-disney-world-1850347094

DeSantis is considering various options to get back at the company, which first fell foul of the governor for speaking out against the so-called Don’t Say Gay bill. During his latest attack, DeSantis floated the idea of building a state park, a rival amusement park, or even a new state prison next to the company’s central Florida theme parks. “The possibilities are endless,” he smirked.

It sounds like he was being really serious. 

mspart

51 minutes ago, mspart said:

DeSantis is considering various options to get back at the company, which first fell foul of the governor for speaking out against the so-called Don’t Say Gay bill. During his latest attack, DeSantis floated the idea of building a state park, a rival amusement park, or even a new state prison next to the company’s central Florida theme parks. “The possibilities are endless,” he smirked.

mspart

Examine the phrase "DeSantis is considering various options to get back at the company" and compare it to the typical duties of a governor.

That wasn't my point at all.  If you want to go there we can discuss my governor's holding on to covid emergency power still.  Where is that a typical duty of a governor?   But that is really not germane to my post. 

My point was it doesn't appear he was being serious.  Le Duke did not report on the whole quote from DeSantis, just the part he thought would be most provoking, as if that was the only thing he said.   I was just providing the entire quote and to me it does not sound like he is serious about putting a prison there. 

mspart

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Here we have a member of the DeSantis administration just threatening the company to "make nice" with DeSantis.  You know, like in a functional democracy....no wait that's how they do it in Russia.

Lol, I hope Iger has an army of PIs going over his life with a fine toothed comb.  No way someone with his personality is clean!

10 hours ago, mspart said:

mspart

Agree that he was being really serious - a really serious smirking a**hole.

C'mon. Those are Tony Soprano tactics, not moves of any legitimate leadership of any party. 

Nice new avatar Plasi. 

Funny that the left is doing Trump's job for him, trying to prevent DeSantis from running for President.   What the FL legislature is doing is wrong.   DeSantis should be able to justify his travel without hiding it. 

mspart

21 hours ago, mspart said:

Nice new avatar Plasi. 

Funny that the left is doing Trump's job for him, trying to prevent DeSantis from running for President.   What the FL legislature is doing is wrong.   DeSantis should be able to justify his travel without hiding it. 

mspart

Desantis is making the most of his bully pulpit.  I think his politics are too extreme to get beyond a primary.  Maybe that means a nomination.  He can't win over independents and undecideds.

Edited by Plasmodium

On 4/20/2023 at 12:11 AM, VakAttack said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/19/florida-desantis-travel-records-00092969

We continue the degradation of the separation of powers as Florida's legislature is now little more than Puddin' Fingers' little rubber stamp. 

We're looking at Giuliani Syndrome right here. He's doing all this work to prop up a future presidential run, but the more people hear him talk, the less they'll like him. Meatball Ron has no juice. Sad!