Michigan just Paying $

feet2back

Why would Griffith spend his last year at Michigan when they have a returning 3x all-american (all at 165) who just beat him at Natties?

Well, Amine’s uncle wants him to go up to 174 to “humble” Starocci. So that would resolve the weight class issue.

aa88d727c5778df19e8a5345fcafa259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1) Michigan throwing money around has been here for awhile. (Suriano)

2) i don't think it stops any time soon

2A) I don't blame them. (this isn't criticism)

3. Griffith is a candidate to move up to 174 as well. 

• Fire 6

Snow removal businesses are very real.

52 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Why would Griffith spend his last year at Michigan when they have a returning 3x all-american (all at 165) who just beat him at Natties?

Amine is a big '65. I think he could have similar success at '74. Or maybe Griffith wants to suck down to 157. Gonna have to add another 0 to that check UM!

As for paying them...good for the athletes. I think it's a little silly, but...if rich people want to invest in watching a year of a College Wrestler and they get a nice chunk of cash to start their life out, great. 

• Fire 1

I really think Uncle Mike is writing a check that Myles would even have trouble cashing - all due respect.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

35 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Amine is a big '65. I think he could have similar success at '74. Or maybe Griffith wants to suck down to 157. Gonna have to add another 0 to that check UM!

I don't think Amine is a big 165lber.  I think he isn't even average.  You ever watch him and Lewan or Massa roll?  Massa, who was only at 174 for the team, dwarfed him and Lewan was comparable.

I really think the best approach is Griffith to 174.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think Amine is a big 165lber.  I think he isn't even average.  You ever watch him and Lewan or Massa roll?  Massa, who was only at 174 for the team, dwarfed him and Lewan was comparable.

I really think the best approach is Griffith to 174.

No....I have no watched them roll. 

I HAVE watched Amine wrestle OTHER '65 and I think he's a big '65 and could move up quite easily. 

32 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

No....I have no watched them roll. 

I HAVE watched Amine wrestle OTHER '65 and I think he's a big '65 and could move up quite easily. 

I also think his style would translate well up a weight, too.

23 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Cam was actually a few pounds light going into nationals.  I doubt he'll be moving up.

Which could be a reason why his uncle thought he could post that without ever having to cash that check.

4 hours ago, dragit said:

Which could be a reason why his uncle thought he could post that without ever having to cash that check.

I could beat Gable if that match were set up at the time and place of my choosing. 

• Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

17 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I could beat Gable if that match were set up at the time and place of my choosing. 

Which Gable are you talking here?

Keep in mind that the average person is 6000% less effective at hand to hand combat than they actually think they are.

39 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

You may be generous with that number. 

Not a number I am creating.  Some prominent university did a study a few years back.

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Not a number I am creating.  Some prominent university did a study a few years back.

I always loved the look on a guys face, who thought he was tough when you grab him like a wrestler and he feels something he never experienced or expected. 

Edited by El Luchador
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DocBB said:

Amine always seems to lose some early season head scratchers and then does well come Tourney time. For instance he also lost to Bryce Hepner who is a backup at tOSU.

That was my thought. Some guys just don't have motivation in low level matches. 

48 minutes ago, DocBB said:

Amine always seems to lose some early season head scratchers and then does well come Tourney time. For instance he also lost to Bryce Hepner who is a backup at tOSU.

Hepner also was under redshirt and beat the tOSU starter in the wrestleoff this year.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Which Gable are you talking here?

Keep in mind that the average person is 6000% less effective at hand to hand combat than they actually think they are.

The point being, I would never have to cash that check... But to your question,  I didn't think wrestlers were the average person. Haven't we been trained in some form of one on one hand to hand combat? Maybe I am the only one who has though through different scenarios. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐