Olympic redshirt next year - who?

Dark Energy

Seems like more ‘juniors’ and ‘seniors’ are approaching or are in their mid-20’s.  Seems like an age for the Olympics.  Miss the 2024 one and now into late 20’s.  Doable but perhaps past peak?

Guessing that perhaps more college wrestlers than usual will make a hard and focused push for the Olympic team as a result.  Pure guess.

Who?

Vito - My money would say that we never see Vito in a Cornell singlet again.  He was clear that the Olympics are his goal.  NCAA championship was a milestone / check box.  Winning a second likely pales in comparison to Olympics in his mind and if it in anyway interferes with freestyle training or causes injury, not worth the risk. 

Who else?

Edited by Dark Energy

Guessing Jesse Mendez will if he can. Most likely gonna RS next year anyways so might as well use an Olympic RS if he has it. He finished 3rd at the US Open last year while in HS so finishing 8th this year is certainly possible. He also nearly teched Seth Gross at WTT.

Edited by DocBB

Starocci and Brooks seem likely candidates.  It would likely make PSU on a par with other schools if they did take the year off.  I'm pretty sure both have two more years of eligibility with the COVID bonus year.

Starocci and Brooks seem likely candidates.  It would likely make PSU on a par with other schools if they did take the year off.  I'm pretty sure both have two more years of eligibility with the COVID bonus year.

Brooks has one year, Starocci has two.

Starocci is the only potential five timer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

Guessing Jesse Mendez will if he can. Most likely gonna RS next year anyways so might as well use an Olympic RS if he has it. He finished 3rd at the US Open last year while in HS so finishing 8th this year is certainly possible. He also nearly teched Seth Gross at WTT.

Can you take an Olympic shirt if you have a redshirt available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1