2025 Recruiting Class

Some big names out of this class are...

LaDarion Lockett (OK) - 152/160
Sampson Stillwell (MO) - HWT
Marcus Blaze (OH) - 120/126
Anthony Knox (NJ) - 120/126
Nathan Desmond (PA) - 113/120
Landon Robideau (MN) - 132 (committed to Minnesota)
Dalton Perry (PA) - 138 (committed to PSU)
Kollin Rath (PA) - 138
Ty Eise (CO) - 175

I'm sure I'm missing a few.  There are a bunch of lightweight sophomores who are hammers (S Mendoza, Castillo, Cortez, DeLuca, Mutarelli, etc).  I would be surprised if Lockett doesn't end up at OSU, and Knox at Princeton (that's the rumor).  Keep an eye on Stillwell - this class at HWT is thin, and he will be a highly prized recruit.  The kid is a monster

Edited by Fudge Tunnel

1 hour ago, Fudge Tunnel said:

Some big names out of this class are...

LaDarion Lockett (OK) - 152/160
Sampson Stillwell (MO) - HWT
Marcus Blaze (OH) - 120/126
Anthony Knox (NJ) - 120/126
Nathan Desmond (PA) - 113/120
Landon Robideau (MN) - 132 (committed to Minnesota)
Dalton Perry (PA) - 138 (committed to PSU)
Kollin Rath (PA) - 138
Ty Eise (CO) - 175

I'm sure I'm missing a few.  There are a bunch of lightweight sophomores who are hammers (S Mendoza, Castillo, Cortez, DeLuca, Mutarelli, etc).  I would be surprised if Lockett doesn't end up at OSU, and Knox at Princeton (that's the rumor).  Keep an eye on Stillwell - this class at HWT is thin, and he will be a highly prized recruit.  The kid is a monster

That’d be dope to see Princeton land another high level recruit like Knox. 

Also, don't forget Jude Correa! I wonder where he will land 

• Fire 1

21 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

I’m hoping Iowa continues to have the Boom Ranch pipeline and goes after Cooper Hilton.  He’d be a great get, he beat Adrian Meza at Last Chance Open in the college season and recently beat Forrest. It’d be interesting to see how he does at Trails! 

He's definitely looking better at his more natural weight (and maybe being back home helps, too).  When he cuts a lot, he doesn't perform well.  He'll be a legit 141/149 in college in a few years.  

49 minutes ago, JVStateChamp said:

I would add Collin Gaj (PA) to the list of big recruits in the class of 2025. Kid is an absolute stud, excited to see how he does at US Open U17, him and Rath (if they meet) could be a great match

Yeah with PSUs success in recruiting, I think they are both going to land at PSU.  They both are some great wrestlers and have been getting better and better with time! 

2 hours ago, Fudge Tunnel said:

He's definitely looking better at his more natural weight (and maybe being back home helps, too).  When he cuts a lot, he doesn't perform well.  He'll be a legit 141/149 in college in a few years.  

Yeah I agree, he’s definitely shown some improvement! I could see him landing at Minnesotan too because one of his club coaches being Sean Russel.  I could also see some ACC schools on him because they normally recruit out of the south; but again, I’m hoping Iowa continues the Boom Ranch connection and goes after him! 

For the class of 2025 - 

Anthony Knox #2 per FLO

Isaiah Cortez #34 per FLO

Elijah Cortez #38 per FLO

Daniel Zepeda #59 per FLO

The latter 3 all being Gilroy boys in Cali. All were very impressive at the CA state tourney. As Iowa fans we also need to be looking at Bassett obviously in the class of 2026, but getting some of these guys would be awesome IMO. And gives you lightweight flexibility post- Ayala. Especially if Block ever moves up from 141. 

22 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

For the class of 2025 - 

Anthony Knox #2 per FLO

Isaiah Cortez #34 per FLO

Elijah Cortez #38 per FLO

Daniel Zepeda #59 per FLO

The latter 3 all being Gilroy boys in Cali. All were very impressive at the CA state tourney. As Iowa fans we also need to be looking at Bassett obviously in the class of 2026, but getting some of these guys would be awesome IMO. And gives you lightweight flexibility post- Ayala. Especially if Block ever moves up from 141. 

It’d be a dream to land Knox but I feel like he’d land at Princeton or Penn (honestly pure speculation and don’t know where he has ties) ; but we will see .

I’ve heard about those 3 from Cali but I don’t know much about them. No matter what we would need to at least land 2 big name light weight prospects in this class for us to fill out 125 and 133 in the future. Especially with the Nate hanging up the shoes and us missing out on Davino. 

6 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

It’d be a dream to land Knox but I feel like he’d land at Princeton or Penn (honestly pure speculation and don’t know where he has ties) ; but we will see .

I’ve heard about those 3 from Cali but I don’t know much about them. No matter what we would need to at least land 2 big name light weight prospects in this class for us to fill out 125 and 133 in the future. Especially with the Nate hanging up the shoes and us missing out on Davino. 

Yeah, Iowa hasn't done particularly well recruiting NJ (Can't even think of the last recruit Iowa has had from NJ)- so I'm not holding my breath. It's more of a situation where, Iowa has lower weight openings and you'd think SOME top lightweight recruits would want to continue the tradition. But list of available lightweight blue chippers grows thinner every day, or are further out from HS graduation. 

9 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Yeah, Iowa hasn't done particularly well recruiting NJ (Can't even think of the last recruit Iowa has had from NJ)- so I'm not holding my breath. It's more of a situation where, Iowa has lower weight openings and you'd think SOME top lightweight recruits would want to continue the tradition. But list of available lightweight blue chippers grows thinner every day, or are further out from HS graduation. 

Yeah but there is a lot of talent in the lightweights of this class such as 

113 - Nathan Desmond (Probably will end at PSU even with that weight being loaded up) 

113 - Christian Castillo (probably will end up at ASU with most of the Valiant Prep guys and will fit perfectly after Figs graduates)

113 - Anthony Mutarelli (Don’t know where he will end up or who has ties with him ) 

113 - Seth Mendoza (probably will land at Michigan where some people of his Club (RWA) went like Lemley & Micic; but idk, I know he loves to fly planes. Maybe he goes to the forces or does something of that nature at a university? Just pure speculation on that)

120 - Marcus Blaze ( probably might follow brother to Purdue but idk maybe we might have a chance at him?) 

120 - Leo Deluca (Don’t know where he will end up or who has ties with him but he definitely is a major get) 

126 Anthony Knox (Don’t know where he will end up or who has ties with him but he definitely is a MAJOR get) 

Plus there are more great lightweight wrestlers I didn’t list (like the ones from Cali, more PA guys, and some instate Iowa guys). I hope we are at least going after 2 of those major names I put down. 

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Do you count Perry, Evans, or Mocco as NJ?  And if you do, that was a while back...

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Laxhawk174 said:

has it been since Mocco and Perry?

edit - was typing and did not see post above asking same

Edited by 11986
edit

47 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Also - this should go without saying, but Iowa has to go after PJ Duke as well. Even if the weight class/fit isn't clear right now - get the talent in the room and then worry about it. Ala tOSU, PSU. 

I always hear that PJ Duke will go to NCState because of his ties with Mike Macchiavello and others at NCState.

2 hours ago, nick said:

De'Alcapon Veazy will be a good pickup (currently at 39 on Flo's Big Board)

Hasn't had the best luck at state yet, but has really good national results 

Yeah he would be a great get! He lost to a Senior, Purdue commit Orlando Cruz, at the State Finals last year and at the Al Smith (I wanna say). Both of those wrestlers are studs! 

Hope he stays in state at Purdue or IU! 

Just now, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

LaDarion Lockett is an amazing prospect too from this class! I wonder if he is a forsure lock for OSU. 

Is there a possible chance that another school can land him? 

It’d be amazing if Iowa was going after him, he will slot perfectly after Kennedy. Plus if Angelo commits with his brothers to Iowa, Angelo has ties with him right ? @Laxhawk174

• Fire 1