2025 Recruiting Class

1 hour ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

It’d be amazing if Iowa was going after him, he will slot perfectly after Kennedy. Plus if Angelo commits with his brothers to Iowa, Angelo has ties with him right ? @Laxhawk174

I saw another poster on HR say that Angelo is tight with him. Here is their post:

"He is from Stillwater and has been around the Okie State program all his life. I sat next to his folks at a tournament and asked if he was going to be a cowboy. They said he’s not committed anywhere and they are not going to push him to go to OkSt. They want him to have a “college experience” and make his own decisions. Also, him and Angelo Ferrari are pretty tight. I think he should be on our radar. He’s really, really good and super slick."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu38GQcw8H8

Go to 1:00 mark and Angelo talks about his training partners, he still goes up to Stillwater to train with his former teammates and mentions Lockett. 

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on 2025 Big Board revamp now that Trials are done. 

Duke - I think it's - in no particular order - NCST, PSU, and Cornell

Lockett - there's been some interest in Iowa from him but i still can't see him leaving OKST

Knox - idc that he lost at Trials, i feel he's the best 125lb prospect that's uncommitted. 

The Cortez Boys - I'd take em all day every day. These kids bang. 

Blaze - i think is a 133/141. he's big. in the post match interview at trials he said that he's always in the Ohio St. room. but man, i have no idea how they'd fit him in the lineup. i don't even know how they are going to wok it with Davino/Bouzakis. (Mendez is going up to 141).

Castillo - I'm probably higher on him than most. i think he has all the tools and looks like a hard-to-find career 125. 

Snow removal businesses are very real.

On 5/6/2023 at 8:46 AM, Husker_Du said:

Working on 2025 Big Board revamp now that Trials are done. 

Duke - I think it's - in no particular order - NCST, PSU, and Cornell

Lockett - there's been some interest in Iowa from him but i still can't see him leaving OKST

Knox - idc that he lost at Trials, i feel he's the best 125lb prospect that's uncommitted. 

The Cortez Boys - I'd take em all day every day. These kids bang. 

Blaze - i think is a 133/141. he's big. in the post match interview at trials he said that he's always in the Ohio St. room. but man, i have no idea how they'd fit him in the lineup. i don't even know how they are going to wok it with Davino/Bouzakis. (Mendez is going up to 141).

Castillo - I'm probably higher on him than most. i think he has all the tools and looks like a hard-to-find career 125. 

Man, I really hope Iowa lands some of these elite recruits in this class. They need to capitalize badly, hopefully Knox has some interest in Iowa; but I always hear that the Ivys have the best shot. 

I wonder if Iowa lands Angelo if it’ll help them have more leverage with Lockett; but after trials I thought it’s a forsure lock with OKieSt. He had a fix singlet on and had fix in his corner (as well as other OkieST people in his corner). Hopefully Iowa can pull him tough. What is his projected weight, 157/165? 

I agree that the Cortez brothers are some studs! Both of them beat Bassett and have a serious upside. Plus they go to Cormiers club so it could help a program build a great pipeline to an amazing club. I hope Iowa seriously recruits them and this may help build the pipeline to the rest of studs coming out of Gilroy/Cormiers Club. 

Also, I was shocked to hear Blaze’s post trials interview with him training at Ohio St. They are already loaded at 133/141 but I guess if Mendez takes no redshirts and give blaze a grey shirt and redshirt it can work it self out? Idk, I don’t even know how they will work it out with Davino and Bouzakis . 

Also, I think and hope Duke lands at NCST, especially with his relationship with Macchiavello. IBut of course I’m not ruling out PSU because it has seem like they get whoever they want lately. 

Finally, I feel like Castillo perfectly slots into ASU after Figueroa graduates. I bet he is ASU lock; but idk I may be super wrong. 

To say the least I’m excited to see where these studs land! Can’t wait to hear more of your opinions and insight about this class @Husker_Du

• Fire 1

• 5 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Sophomores can now be contacted.

Who's on your wishlist? 

Duke, Lockett, and the Cortez brothers. 😀 A guy can hope!

I know you said on your show that Duke will likely be between Cornell and PSU. Do you think there is any chance Iowa gets in the mix?

Duke won't go to Iowa. it's PSU and Cornell with NCST and Lehigh as long shots.

Recently found out that the Cortez brothers have impeccable grades. I feel pretty solid that Stanford will be hard to pass up for them.

Robideau already committed to Minny. Him and Perry (to PSU) are the only commits for 2025 so far (unless you count the very likely to OKST for Lockett).

• Fire 2

13 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Sophomores can now be contacted.

Who's on your wishlist? 

Hoping Iowa call ball out in this class, especially to compete with PSUs 2024 killer class. 

Hoping we get 2 lightest studs to man the 125 and 133 spot

Also, hoping to get a projected 157/165 stud and a 197 recruit.

Also, I don’t know if block is going to hold 141 for too long, so I think Iowa needs to land at least 5 elite big board recruits! That’s what I’m hoping for! 

Also, what is William Henckels projected weight? I feel like he can get big, hopefully Iowa is all over him! 

Iowa should be in for a big 2025 i would think. 

even though their 2023 class was big, Nelson, Cass, and Real come off the books.

Angelo and Estrada go on in 2024 but they should still have some room.