Truax to Penn State

Pinnacle

3 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

He’d never have been even looked at by PSU if he wasn’t coached up by Sioredas for 4 years. 
shrug.

at this point I think most upper level coaches see the end result and just are trying to win as much as they can before it all comes crashing down 

Negative side of the Covid year imo. Guys like Bernie wouldn’t leave if they didn’t have the additional year after completing undergrad. Makes sense to move on for grad school, but it makes for bad optics for smaller programs. 

• Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

He’d never have been even looked at by PSU if he wasn’t coached up by Sioredas for 4 years. 
shrug.

at this point I think most upper level coaches see the end result and just are trying to win as much as they can before it all comes crashing down 

Isn't he a grad transfer?

4 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

shrug.

Is this the guy you were talking about after the tournament?

Just now, poorwrestler said:

Gopher coaches still meeting/talking with Nagao regularly and maintaining that relationship. My hopes are way too high that he comes back lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he stays too based on how much he talked about loving his coaches at NCAAs.

Truax w one year may give PSU upper weights more flexibility in taking a regular or OLY redshirt.  I do not know the talent at 125 and 133 and Howard's recovery well enough to understand the value of some of the other potential transfers for those weights.   Does Truax commitment translate to less likely that Messenbrink commits or is he lighter?  Have not actually seen him in folkstyle, but will look him up.

1 minute ago, poorwrestler said:

Gopher coaches still meeting/talking with Nagao regularly and maintaining that relationship. My hopes are way too high that he comes back lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys leaving include Blockhus (IA), Spratley (NY), Kleuver (WI).  Maybe they can offer Nagao a full out of state scholarship if he was otherwise unable to obtain that and get something going on the NIL front to bolster the offer

7 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Truax w one year may give PSU upper weights more flexibility in taking a regular or OLY redshirt.  I do not know the talent at 125 and 133 and Howard's recovery well enough to understand the value of some of the other potential transfers for those weights.   Does Truax commitment translate to less likely that Messenbrink commits or is he lighter?  Have not actually seen him in folkstyle, but will look him up.

Messenbrink is much smaller.  157 or 165.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Iowa must be shocked that $250,000 didn't get it done

They can get a three year lease on a good used Ford Focus for $665k/yr,  just don't tell BnG he comes in an orange jump suit.