Truax to Penn State

Pinnacle

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Real Woods had all 5 guys above him clear out. As the highest placing returnee, it was reasonable to consider him an immediate title contender.

Cole Matthews says hello.

Real Woods was an immediate title contender at Iowa, no one can debate that in good faith. The same goes for anyone denying Truax is an immediate title contender at 184 next year. No one needs to invoke PSU magic (except Cael's jock-riders) if Bernie ends up at the top of the podium.

• Fire 1

For sure, and obviously he was going to be. To say Truax is not is where I take exception. He already has been in the past. The only one at 184 he was very unlikely to beat is now his teammate and he’s already beaten the other guy who would be the co-favorite, imo.

4 hours ago, MLB9 said:

For sure, and obviously he was going to be. To say Truax is not is where I take exception. He already has been in the past. The only one at 184 he was very unlikely to beat is now his teammate and he’s already beaten the other guy who would be the co-favorite, imo.

Yeah, Jimmy is trolling

According to this article (below) Aaron Nagao has narrowed his transfer schools down to three schools and Penn State is the first school listed here - probably because it's a Penn State website.  So don't read too much into that.   But the three schools mentioned here are Penn State, Cornell and Iowa. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/penn-state-nittany-lions/news/penn-state-wrestling-makes-top-two-for-transfer-portal-target-chris-cannon/

What sort of a meltdown is going to occur to the Iowa fans if Nagao chooses Penn State or Cornell over Iowa?

This article also quotes Nagao as saying he will make his decision by the end of this month.  And that's just one week away now.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

According to this article (below) Aaron Nagao has narrowed his transfer schools down to three schools and Penn State is the first school listed here - probably because it's a Penn State website.  So don't read too much into that.   But the three schools mentioned here are Penn State, Cornell and Iowa. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/penn-state-nittany-lions/news/penn-state-wrestling-makes-top-two-for-transfer-portal-target-chris-cannon/

What sort of a meltdown is going to occur to the Iowa fans if Nagao chooses Penn State or Cornell over Iowa?

This article also quotes Nagao as saying he will make his decision by the end of this month.  And that's just one week away now.

Or he goes way out on a limb and chooses Iowa State!!!

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nagao to Cornell probably makes the most sense

For who?

Your unpaid debts?

Both Iowa and Penn State make more sense.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I'm kinda at the point right now where I just want to see him at PSU.

I wanna see how ridiculous we can make this! I want an NCAA Finals as a duel meet where PSU wins 21-12!

4 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

I'm kinda at the point right now where I just want to see him at PSU.

I wanna see how ridiculous we can make this! I want an NCAA Finals as a duel meet where PSU wins 21-12!

western-shootout.gif

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

New portal transfer rules only allow one free transfer without sitting a year.  So eligibility (available RS or Olympic RS) will come into play.

I think it's best to recruit HS first.  Then larger shares of surplus NIL $ cab be reserved for first time transferees that fill a need weight  with enough eligibility to span the needs duration.

I knew you couldn't just transfer within conference twice in two years, but wasn't sure on the exact rules.

But...hypothetically, lets say Nagao graduates. He's free NOW to transfer again, correct(and this is just a hypothetical, only using him because...we're talking about him). 

Also, these All American's transferring are making a lot of noise because they're immediately filling a hole in someone's lineup...this year even moreso as you've got two potential NCs who MIGHT be transferring into the overwhelming favorite to win the 2024 team title(and '25, '26, '27, '28....)

But of it's obviously almost immaterial if you can't recruit the HS kids. You have to be able to build that core for the guys to want to come train there. 

5 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Nagao graduates. He's free NOW to transfer again, correct

Yes, I understand graduates continue to be able to transfer without losing eligibility, even if they had transfered previously.

Entering graduate school implies seeking some specific education.  There is no guarantee of admission into the graduate school associated with one's undergraduate degree.

• Fire 1